Tub vs. Upgrade Fairy?

SetAnOpenCourse

Here’s an odd question. I have an oceanview guarantee booked on the Prinsendam. If I tell HAL that I prefer a cabin with a bathtub, by doing so could I reduce my chance at an optimum upgrade, if one is available when the time comes?

I don't think they look at preferences when they do upgrades. It just happens and I don't think they take it into account.

When are you sailing? The Prinsendam is on it's swan song on HAL and the cruises seem to be selling very well so upgrades, upsells might not be as readily available as we like to think ;)

Since you booked an outside cabin, any upgrade would likely be to a Vista Suite. On the Prinsendam, unlike other HAL ships, half the cabins in that class are shower only. So, the odds of getting a tub are 50-50 at best.

I don't think they look at preferences when they do upgrades. It just happens and I don't think they take it into account.

When are you sailing? The Prinsendam is on it's swan song on HAL and the cruises seem to be selling very well so upgrades, upsells might not be as readily available as we like to think ;)

In October on the TA. The OV is totally fine, but an upsell or upgrade is always neat. I’d be a little bummed out if I felt I’d lost the tub by not requesting it, though. Not very disappointed - just a wee bit.