Room Service Dinner

Me from ME

Only for Neptune Suite guests. Upper Mariners do not get free menus delivered each day.

It would be difficult for the room stewards to figure out who to get the menus to IMO. Easier for Neptunes as they routinely give them to the same cabins (and even then it can be hit or miss if your Neptune cabin is not on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge.

Is this only provided for suite guests or upper level Mariners?

The others have answered you but I just wanted to point out that..

The menus are on the Navigator (free to use) which you can access on your smart phone, ipad, mobile device or a ship's computer. They are also posted outside the dining room.

By the way, HAL is now putting the dinner menu on the TVs (not all ships have this yet).

That's new.. prior to this, menus were only available electronically via their 'Navigator' tool on your electronic device (and of course posted near the entrance to the MDR).

The menus are on the Navigator (free to use) which you can access on your smart phone, ipad, mobile device or a ship's computer. They are also posted outside the dining room.

We do not understand the importance so many place on the MDR. We find it to be crowded and noisy. It's so much more civilized to have room service on your balcony. YMMV.

I hear you, but FWIW, we enjoy its ambiance as a reminder of one of the few 'old school' traditions of cruising that so far have not gone by the wayside so to speak.

Only for Neptune Suite guests. Upper Mariners do not get free menus delivered each day.
Thank you!

It would be difficult for the room stewards to figure out who to get the menus to IMO. Easier for Neptunes as they routinely give them to the same cabins (and even then it can be hit or miss if your Neptune cabin is not on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge.
Makes perfect sense.

Thank you! Have never used the Navigator (hope it is activated on the Maasdam). We do usually check the menu outside the dining room sometime during the afternoon so we get a pretty good idea what wine(s) we want that night ;p.

Thank you! Have never used the Navigator (hope it is activated on the Maasdam). We do usually check the menu outside the dining room sometime during the afternoon so we get a pretty good idea what wine(s) we want that night ;p.

The Navigator is on the Maasdam and usually has the menus posted mid morning. There were a couple of days out of 48 that the menus posted were for the wrong day.

The Navigator is on the Maasdam and usually has the menus posted mid morning. There were a couple of days out of 48 that the menus posted were for the wrong day.

Thanks! Will be on her for 34 days starting next month.

On the smaller ships that still have the analog TV's and DVD players above the desk, the free Navigator on your laptop, tablet or phone has the menus for the MDR dinner, and Lido lunch and dinner buffet. On the larger ships that have gone through dry-dock upgrade, the 50" interactive TV mounted on the wall has menus for MDR dinner and the Lido. They usually post them on the Navigator and TV around 9:00 AM each day.

I have not seen this posted yet, but remember that while you can select any delivery time, it normally will not be delivered the first half hour (or so) that the dining room is open for dinner. I think this is due to having to get the entrees prepared for everyone near the same time (for Early dining). In our latest test, they told us delivery would not be prior to 6 PM.

By the way, HAL is now putting the dinner menu on the TVs (not all ships have this yet).

On the Westerdam last October the Menu on the TV was different from the MDR

On the Westerdam last October the Menu on the TV was different from the MDR

Had the same problem on the Oosterdam in April. Apparently, according to what I was told in the Lido, the menus are updated around 10 each morning so if we were checking prior to that it wouldn’t be that evening’s menu.

True, they do leave the prior day's MDR menu on the TV and Navigator until the next one is posted, usually after 9:00 AM. Always check the date on the menu to be sure you are looking at the current day's menu. If you see yesterday's menu, wait 1/2 hour or so and check again.

• 2 weeks later...

Did 10 day Mexico in Nov 17, 14 day Alaska in June 18, and 11 day Sea of Cortez in Nov this year. My husband always goes to the gym after 5 pm so we always order room service. The new interactive tv’s are wonderful as they always show the menus. I ordered several times off the main dining room menu after the first hour of service and had no problems. We are 4 stars, and some of my best dinners have been in the room, or on our balcony.

some of my best dinners have been in the room, or on our balcony.

I couldn't agree more. We thoroughly enjoyed dining on our balcony last year every day we were in port. This year we not only did that but the night we sailed out of Hamilton. Since there were no interactive tvs in our Stateroom I went down to the MDR and took a picture of the menu each day.

Knowing the size of the portions as well as the fact that we were very active during the day and were famished every night I usually ordered multiples so there was quite a stack of plates. The first time we ordered soup as an appetizer we didn't recognize that the broth was in a separate pitcher so we wondered what the tiny amount of shrimp was in the bottom of a large bowl. :D (I did mention that we were tired every night didn't I?) I tipped the room service steward very well.

Thank you to those of you who answered my original question. The additional knowledge made it so much more enjoyable.