Owners Renting Direct like VRBO or Homeaway?

boudecca

We toured The World a couple of weeks ago while it was in Port Everglades. Seemed like a ghost town with so few cruisers aboard late in the day on which it was scheduled to depart.

Tour guide noted ship sails only 35 to 60% full which seems a shame. The itinerary for the upcoming year is not too exciting, but the ship itself is spotless. Great day beds on aft for overnights under the stars.

Is there a web site where owners rent direct like homeaway.com or VRBO.com? Or do you always have to book through the

ship itself?

• 3 months later...

When I look at their website, they talk about the hassles of rental being taken care of for the owners, so I would say owners do NOT rent their units out themselves.

At the cost price of even the smallest unit, 600,000USD and the monthly assessment for food, fuel, etc starting at $20,000 for the smallest unit, the rental would probably be very high.

Interestingly, the units are really not owned, they are a depreciating assest in that they have an expiring leasehold. Any rentals arranged for a unit nets the owner 60% of the rental and ResidenSea the other 40%.

Interesting concept but just WAY out of my league!! google the world of residensea and you will get several good links.

• 3 months later...

You can rent for $1800 to $2500 per day for a 2 BR. I think that includes food ...could be wrong. If you like quiet and privacy and excellent ports and layovers you would love The World. You can rent through the website or join a destination club like Exclusive Resorts which has unlimited access for a much better daily price.

Archived