Jane McDonald is saling on the Muse and will be shown on Channel 5 (UK)

Zenblue100

I enjoyed the programme.

Muse looks much brighter and more modern than e.g. Spirit did prior to the stretch.

I have a soft spot for Silver Spirit as it was the first cruise ship I ever sailed on, but I did always find the interiors to be quite dark.

That part of the world is somewhere I"m planning to visit post-retirement so it was of particular interest.

Looking forward to part 2 next week.

Sorry Spins.

I Love her singing but hate the bit at the end of each programme when they make her mime.

In a previous series she was in Fingal's Cave in the Western Isles and sang Amazing Grace unaccompanied - very well too.

In a previous series she was in Fingal's Cave in the Western Isles and sang Amazing Grace unaccompanied - very well too.

That really was amazing, no pun intended, from memory that was very early on. Wish they would have kept the real singing in.

I was disappointed in the program insofar as I was hoping to see more of the ship and learn what its best features are. For example, what did this former mid-market large ship cruise director think of the restaurants, the pace of life on board, the bars etc. Seems to me that if Silversea wanted some publicity they wasted an opportunity to sell the Silver Suite she was in to a fare paying pasenger. She could have been on any ship - no boost for Silversea marketing.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Other than her over the top performing for the camera, did she sing for the guests?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or for her supper?

OK I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea and might dismissively be referred to by my mother as being common, but she certainly is fun. And as a confirmed homosexual from up north, I am legally obliged to love er ta bits, it really is a shame though that she didn’t show more of the ship in the episode. Considering the whole programme is about cruising, 75% of the programme is about “me avin a reet good time doin......”

I just think it’s a missed opportunity for the lines that were maybe hoping for a little more exposure in exchange for providing assumingly free bed, board and passage for a full crew.

I do still think she’s fab though. Did I mention that?

Or for her supper?

OK I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea and might dismissively be referred to by my mother as being common, but she certainly is fun. And as a confirmed homosexual from up north, I am legally obliged to love er ta bits, it really is a shame though that she didn’t show more of the ship in the episode. Considering the whole programme is about cruising, 75% of the programme is about “me avin a reet good time doin......”

I just think it’s a missed opportunity for the lines that were maybe hoping for a little more exposure in exchange for providing assumingly free bed, board and passage for a full crew.

I do still think she’s fab though. Did I mention that?

She grates a bit but was still watchable - and there's part II so we can still hope they show a bit more of the ship in the second half.

Very disappointed there was so little of Silver Muse shown as we were excited to see as much of her in anticipation of our Japan cruise next year.

We were very glad, however, that we watched it as a recording so that we could skip over as much of that awful woman as possible.

I have watched a few of these, and it does seem as if the programmes are more about Jane MacDonald - no doubt because she is a favourite with a lot of TV watching Brits - and also about cruising itself, with the going ashore aspect etc., rather than being a 'puff' for any individual line. For this reason it could be that the various lines she is 'promoting' might not be happy with the results, but it may certainly encourage more Brits to try cruising who had not thought about it before, or felt it was not for them.

If all Silversea’s marketing department wanted to do was to entertain Jane McDonald’s fan club so that they might consider cruising sometime somewhere then Silverseas wasted that cabin on her. Why? There are better ways to define and then cultivate your market potential than go traling for whatever gets stuck in the net via British network TV.

That said, I am glad for her fans who saw her enjoying herself, meeting locals, and seeing the world. She could have been on any ship and maybe got more scenery to call “nice” from a coastal ferry. What difference would it have made to be on a Silvsersea ship? Probably nothing at all. Shoulda sold that Silver Suite to a real punter. And I bet that margin-aware Royal Caribbean has sharper marketing people.

Happy and healthy sailing!

People just watching a few clips of her can’t really understand how hard she’s worked and for how many years to get where she is now. It’s not just landed in her lap like many reality tv “stars” that suddenly find themselves with a sudden and very lucrative career.

She might not be everybodies cup of tea but she always strikes me as absolutely genuine and a really good laugh. Her tour this year is practically sold out and I’ve not been able to get tickets for our local venue so many people evidently do like her style.

As stated previously, comments about the production, content and quality of the programme are fair game but I doubt Jane had much say in a lot of that. I Was disappointed myself with certain aspects of the programme and I hate the miming at the end. She’s actually got a fantastic voice but the producers don’t seem to be very interested in exploiting that. Channel 5 that make the programme here in the UK aren’t renowned for their quality viewing.

Channel 5 that make the programme here in the UK aren’t renowned for their quality viewing.

Certainly agree with you about Ch5.

Some posting on here seem to forget that this is Cruise Critic, and people are entitled to make their opinions known.

BTW, who is ‘Miss Sophia’?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Certainly agree with you about Ch5.

Some posting on here seem to forget that this is Cruise Critic, and people are entitled to make their opinions known.

Maybe they need to find a forum called TV Critic?