Live from Silver Muse: Voyage #6815; Athens to Rome, Jun 15 – 24, 2018

Stumblefoot

...I admit I only travel with carry on, would be different with luggage...
OMG... you’re my hero. I believe we had 8-pieces of luggage (4 large, 1 carry on, and 3 back packs). Do you offer a training course on packing that my DW and the Silver Princess could attend?
What a great cruise it was, and I so enjoyed meeting the Stumbles, hopefully our paths will cross again!
I agree! And, if you ever want to come skiing with Spins and us at Beaver Creek, just let us know. [emoji6]

Brian (Amy & Taylor); thanks for sharing your MoM (Med on Muse) in delightful words & photos.

Enjoyed seeing one of our fav areas of Italy (Amalfi Coast), even Naples (Ida lived their over a year while serving in the Army). We still have the Grappa she brought back from her tour in Naples. Also, thanks for sharing Sorrento and your personal/passionate view of Anne Marie's exec chef skill set.

Safe travels home.

Thank you Colonel. And, glad you enjoyed it. Means a lot as I always appreciate your excellent on board reporting. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumble...

Skiing will be in January brr and or March, spring right before mud season...

St j Place at the Beav.

Great! We plan to be around in January and Mar. 3 - 9 we’re booked at the Ritz as it’s Silver Princess’s spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To help, we were docked by 7:30a and the first disembarkations started shortly thereafter @ 7:45a.

Like you, we made our own arrangements. Even though one needs to be out of their suite by 8:30a, we enjoy our tradition of a last leisurely breakfast in Atlantide whereby we disembark @ 9:45a and meet our driver immediately thereafter. From gangway, to luggage, to out the door is less than 3-minutes and the drivers are all waiting right at the exit. Very, very easy

So very helpful! Although cruise veterans, this will be our first SS cruise. It sounds like SS makes disembarkation a far more relaxing experience than most cruise lines.

Thank you!

And if anyone is interested in a simple and cheap way to Rome, which I chose out of interest rather than parsimony, I strolled from the ship to Civi train station in about 20mins, got a train for 5euros, then strolled to my hotel in another 20mins. OK, I admit I only travel with carry on, would be different with luggage, but taxis were in good supply, could take you to the station.

Yes, that's what we did last time. We also travel light, one rollaboard each. Though we paid extra for the faster train, about 10 Euros, with assigned seating. Our hotel was about 2 blocks from Termini so you couldn't beat the convenience. And no sitting in traffic!

OMG... you’re my hero. I believe we had 8-pieces of luggage (4 large, 1 carry on, and 3 back packs). Do you offer a training course on packing that my DW and the Silver Princess could attend?

We learned over a number of years how to travel light. We used to travel with a lot more but these days we generally can get away with much less. Even on a SS cruise, including formal wear, we rarely need more than that size suitcase. Sometimes we do a full-size and a small rollaboard if we go overboard.

We can discuss over drinks in 18 months or so!

Stumblefoot,

Thank you for this wonderful series. Your interesting, detailed narrative and your terrific photographs have been a gift to all of us. Bravo!

And to Jolly Jones; Brava! It’s not easy to go Carry On as it takes supreme planning. But it sure simplifies the travel arrangements on either end of a cruise...as you just illustrated.

Aw geez......but I wasn't even packed, and now I have to get off....phooey! I was hoping for more! (giggle!)

Thank you for taking us all along on your wonderful cruise. You've restored my faith in SS! Safe and happy travels wherever you're bound for!

Linda and John

Great report Stumblefoot.Really enjoyed your insights re the Muse.

It was with some trepidation that we booked on her early next year as it basically is the biggest ship we have been on.

All the best to you and your lovely family.

HEADING HOME

London, England

To: Sakaara, CruisinPashmina, and Mudhen - It was my pleasure. Glad you enjoyed this thread!

To: JPAlbany - You've got your work cut out for you as DW and Silver Princess subscribe to the Ida Weiner rule of thumb of one suitcase for merely shoes! I can't imagine what we'll bring to Antarctica in 18-months since we own every piece of winter clothing invented by man.

To: Dr. Ron - Thanks for your kind words and I understand completely. Totally bummed that we waited to book your voyage while on board during this Muse cruise only to find out it's status is waitlist only and should a suite become available the price is already 40% higher than this past April.

---------------------------------------------------

On our big 30th Anniversary adventure is rapidly coming to a close as we sit in the Galleries First lounge at Heathrow wiling away the 5-hour layover. Parting may be such sweet sorrow, but I am looking forward to our return to the mountains of the rocky mountain west. Best wishes to you all!

Many thanks. Totally enjoyed your upbeat attitude given I have the world cruise coming up :)
You bet! I'm very jealous that you get to do a full WC. Very cool! You may find us on board during one of the segments in '19 as we consider the myriad of options.