50 Days To Go!

Lois R

Hi Lois,

Maybe it's time to check whether there is a charter group aboard!

I know you will have a lovely time, but just in case, better to be forewarned.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Spins, I was thinking about that...….but not sure I want to know:eek:

Hi Spins, I was thinking about that...….but not sure I want to know:eek:

Good luck, Lois, for this upcoming cruise. Hopefully, the recent bad and totally mis-managed experience for Jeff and others on the Shadow with that out-of-control group was an exception, not the norm.

As an item of "good news", I just talked yesterday with friends in Philadelphia who had returned a week ago from being on the Silver Spirit around the UK, etc. Their experience was totally wonderful, great food, super service, etc., etc. Loved their trip and the SS level of performance!! We will all hope for the best and look forward to hearing more during and after your upcoming "adventure".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Now at 20,050 views. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the good wishes:D

You have a wonderful schedule upcoming. We have done lots in Italy and many parts of the Med. But, we still have Sicily, Malta and Cinqueterre high on our "to-do" priority list. Look forward to your sharing. Posting any pictures?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 235,152 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Good morning friends:)…..for those of you who are here, Happy 4th. We have the day off and so I am going to do some packing and then go to my sister's later this afternoon for dinner.

As for pictures, Terry, I am not a picture person anymore. I can't believe it has been just under a year since my first cruise with SS...….last August was Barcelona to Rome and I didn't even take a picture of David.

I have heard wonderful things about Cinque Terra and looking forward to visiting there! This will be my 3rd time in Italy and I have been to Rome and to the Amalfi coast before but all the other stops are new for me. Life takes some extraordinary turns. I did my first cruise to the Med in 2012 and now going 2 years in a row. I know part of my DNA comes from my parents who, when they were alive loved to travel...…..I know my Dad would be smiling that I am now able to go myself.:)

I don't like to get political but when I was on The Spirit last August it was the same week as that horrific "Charlottesville" attack...…..I have to hope nothing happens this summer but with all the angst and rhetoric going on I would not be surprised:eek:

Mudhen, I did post a review last year so I will probably post some thoughts about the trip......no promises though. Let's see how things go.

Have a good day everyone.:)

Good morning:)……..well, my last day at work...…..

I am all packed. I do have to get some $$ from the bank today. I always take US $ with me, no matter where I go..…..and yes, I have a bunch of Euros too. The one stop in Dubrovnik......not sure what they accept (I forgot to research it) but I am sure if I buy something I can use my VISA.

Tonight I just have to put my jewelry together. For you gals, I have folding travel roll (it tri-folds rather than a real roll) and it had served me well over the years.

Edited by Lois R

I am all packed. I do have to get some $$ from the bank today. I always take US $ with me, no matter where I go..…..and yes, I have a bunch of Euros too. The one stop in Dubrovnik......not sure what they accept (I forgot to research it) but I am sure if I buy something I can use my VISA.

Tonight I just have to put my jewelry together. For you gals, I have folding travel roll (it tri-folds rather than a real roll) and it had served me well over the years.

Have a great trip and cruise! I think Croatia’s currency is the kuna but you can easily use Euros or dollars in Dubrovnik. We’ve been there three times in the last four years and converted some Euros on our first visit but quickly discovered that wasn’t necessary. Almost got the feeling they prefer Euros. Anyhow it’s a beautiful city. If you’re a Game of Thrones fan then you might think it’s familiar as some scenes have been filmed there.

Sounds like you have the same or similar jewelry travel fold as my wife. Hers is a nicely padded Vera Bradley she’s been using for several years now. Obviously when she travels it never leaves her side and is always in her big purse or carry on luggage. As for taking jewelry on a cruise....if not on a cruise then when is her attitude.

Have fun Lois! And, the Croats will happily take your Euros or Dollars. I found out last month that with the strength of the dollar, most folks preferred the dollar over the Euro.

Hi friends, thanks for all the good wishes:) and for the money information too! I appreciate it very much.:)

I probably won't be on here for quite a few days starting tomorrow. So you all be good;)