Lunch on board for visitors

turtlemichael

I know, as a general rule, Silversea does not allow visitors to lunch on board on an embarkation day. But does anyone know whether they are reluctant to allow visitors on the non-embarkation day of a two day visit? I'm looking to invite guests on board on the second of a two-day stay in Sydney next year when the first day is the dis/embarkation day and the second is just a normal port day prior to leaving port? If all else fails I know I could ask Silversea and will have to if I decided to do it. :)

You may have guests onboard. Write to special services at Silversea.

Guests must be vetted beforehand, and you will be charged $ for the lunch.

We have had guests on embarkation day and on port days.

Charge was in usd 60 $ pp last April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You may have guests onboard. Write to special services at Silversea.

Guests must be vetted beforehand, and you will be charged $ for the lunch.

We have had guests on embarkation day and on port days.

Charge was in usd 60 $ pp last April.

Wow! That’s one expensive lunch!

Wow! That’s one expensive lunch!

That of course gives the guest "free" access to all the sodas, beer, booze, mixed drinks, wine s/he wants during the visit. Typically visitors linger for more than a meal.

That of course gives the guest "free" access to all the sodas, beer, booze, mixed drinks, wine s/he wants during the visit. Typically visitors linger for more than a meal.

That makes a little more sense. If it were controlled like in walk directly to say La Terrazza eat lunch and then go directly to gangway and leave ship that would be a bit much. To have lunch and then linger on the ship say around the pool afterwards for a couple of hours then it might be worth it.

I know, as a general rule, Silversea does not allow visitors to lunch on board on an embarkation day. But does anyone know whether they are reluctant to allow visitors on the non-embarkation day of a two day visit? I'm looking to invite guests on board on the second of a two-day stay in Sydney next year when the first day is the dis/embarkation day and the second is just a normal port day prior to leaving port? If all else fails I know I could ask Silversea and will have to if I decided to do it. :)

On a two day visit, it is easy to overlook the other less-known option of guesting dinner instead of lunch. I cannot find the exact figure but I think from memory it is either $90 or $100 for dinner and that might make for a better experience. I cannot recall an embarkation time being mentioned ..... ;)

To have lunch and then linger on the ship say around the pool afterwards for a couple of hours then it might be worth it.
And, when you consider La Dame is $60 for lunch, then it doesn’t sound so bad after all. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In April, our guests came aboard in the morning and stayed most of the day. We were in NYC and they had theatre tickets. I guess they were killing the day with us, :-).

We had coffee first in the Arts cafe, leisurely very long lunch in Atlantide, with lots of wine and then more drinks around the pool.

I have also brought DD and her friends aboard twice. She spent all day, we lunched, then to our suite and later sat by the pool...she only left when forced off!

I consider the money well spent and not excessive.

We have invited guests on board for dinner several times and have never been charged for them. However, when we booked a visit to the ship for ourselves when we were not passengers on board, we were charged.

We have invited guests on board for dinner several times and have never been charged for them. However, when we booked a visit to the ship for ourselves when we were not passengers on board, we were charged.

Next time I'll have to mention I know you! :) I've been charged for dinner visitors each time (twice).

It's likely that lunch is the only option for our friends though dinner would be a better meal. The ship is Whisper and I guess there is a good chance The Restaurant and/or La Dame won't be open that port day for lunch. La Terrazza buffet will be a bit underwhelming.

Maybe I can show them over the ship and we can head into town for lunch. Is there a charge for visitors who do not eat a meal? I know they'll need to be pre-arranged.

We nearly always have guests with us when any of the ships call into our home port, Belfast 5 times this year. You do not have to be sailing on the ship to have a meal on board it just takes luck and the form filled out correctly.

Dinner if the ship is not sailing until 23.00 is possible but you have to be aware the captain can change his mind as happened to us as we were told to go by the very embarrassed food and beverage Manager and missed out on desert.

But it was a laugh because the rest of the diners thought we had not paid the bill:)