Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

And then we had to get back to our tour chariot.

The walk up was far too steep for me.

We queued waiting for the next mini bus to ascend back to the visitors center.

It was about a 45 minute wait for the bus, as many others chose not to take the walk up. The line to get on the bus was long.

Next was lunch.

In kind parlance, lunch was pretty inedible. Yes not incredible, inedible. I won't spend time describing it, as it isn't worthy of my words. The hype beforehand from our guide about the fare was just that, puffery. It didn't help that we were beyond hungry as it was well after 2 and our tea and scone had been hours and hours earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6eacfabb0289f566ee0e932f6312ac22.jpg

Just a volcanic marvel to be scampered over and swarmed upon by the throngs of visitors.

Appreciate, Spins/Candy, for posting these fun and interesting pictures from Northern Ireland. Still have that area on our future, to-do priority for the future listing. Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 202,632 views for this posting.

And then we had to get back to our tour chariot.

The walk up was far too steep for me.

We queued waiting for the next mini bus to ascend back to the visitors center.

It was about a 45 minute wait for the bus, as many others chose not to take the walk up. The line to get on the bus was long.

Next was lunch.

In kind parlance, lunch was pretty inedible. Yes not incredible, inedible. I won't spend time describing it, as it isn't worthy of my words. The hype beforehand from our guide about the fare was just that, puffery. It didn't help that we were beyond hungry as it was well after 2 and our tea and scone had been hours and hours earlier.

This is why I only do private tours. I control the agenda, not the guide. And I don't have to wait for anyone else to transport me where I want to go. Worth EVERY dollar.

d70cbb53657a18ecdb5f2fedf9f2b303.jpg

In the 1500s the MacQuillan family built this home overlooking the ocean and adjacent to the town of Dunluce. In the 1550's the MacDonnell clan seized the castle.

6a3ba897312b66b25eaab726dea48614.jpg

On a stormy night in 1639, when a banshee was heard, the castle kitchens fell into the sea along with all of those souls who had the misfortune of cooking that evening.

d89843a24f351264b47a73235a100277.jpg

After a lovely final dinner outside at La Terrazza, lots of hugs goodbye, we competed our packing, put the duffle bags outside our suite and watched as the Muse quietly slipped out of the harbor.

I wish this picture had sound, as the songs of the night birds heralded our departure and bid us adieu, a symphony just for us.

ce2e017e0d75357d62f523a530d51825.jpg

Pretty remarkable view from the parking lot of the restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The food may have been terrible (and far too late!!), but this photograph is fabulous. Thank you for your thorough and evocative posts, and especially for your beautiful photography. It was a joy to be along for the ride. Here's wishing you a smooth transition home.

Thanks all.

I left out the tale of the journey home because it was grueling in terms of hours and lack of sleep.

I am glad I finished this pictorial essay on the trip across the sea and to Ireland.

I want to return there!

• 1 month later...

I'm very late to this thread, but have enjoyed so much viewing every post.

I was along on this cruise as well, and second all the good reports here from Spinnaker2 and others.

But I'm an easy touch for transatlantic crossings, although this was my first North Atlantic crossing. I hiked in Newfoundland (in the rain) and in Donegal in beautiful weather -- both lovely walks.

Thanks to all who were along on this cruise -- it was a most congenial group.

Time to schedule my next transatlantic voyage. :)

P.S. Spinnaker2 is right that the trivia competition was brutal. Jimmy said this voyage set a new participation record for Silversea trivia competition.

Thanks, Spinnaker2. Have a wonderful voyage!

I hate to miss any TA opportunity, but I'll be staying on this side of the pond this fall. I just returned home four days ago from a week in Venice (sigh!) followed by a Croatia / Montenegro / Greek Islands / Athens cruise with friends. I'm now mowing the grass and maintaining my Aegean suntan. I'll be beach-bumming on the Outer Banks in August and will head down to New Orleans for Halloween. Not a bad itinerary either. :)

I hope you'll post here about your autumn crossing. Which ship / itinerary have y'all chosen?

Hi emtbsam

We are on the Spirit...

I wish now that we could change as my new found Greek relatives /cousins are planning a trip to Samos, where my birth grandmother was born. The dates better coincide with potential trip to Greece.

AND, it sounds like you all will have great fun and a super trivia team!