2019 Brides!!

Hi party peeps!!

I just booked our cruise for September 2019 on Mariner of the Seas. I was so excited , but some of these reviews are scary!

Lucky for me...

- bringing a hairstylist

- bringing a photographer

So, hopefully no nightmare stories.

I look forward to hearing all the fun ideas and I will be sure to share as well. :hearteyes::'):hearteyes:

Question for the 2019 Brides...

Did anyone have an issue with holding their group rate? Since we are getting married while at sea everyone who wants to come must sail with us. Anyone else getting married while at sea on Carnival?

Since we booked our cruise so early under a group rate they barely gave us a month to hold the rooms with a $25 deposit. Unfortunately I published that cost on my save the date before I knew that they would be so stringent about it. I kept asking my travel agent why if the cruise isn't until the end of 2019 and the real deposit isn't due until July 2019 why the group rate holding deposit of $25 couldn't be extended further. She extended it a couple of times but actually complained to me about asking for it to be extended.

It was mainly an issue for me because a lot of my save the dates ended up being returned by the usps for no reason. Some of them were returned almost a month after I sent them so everyone who got it late now can't take advantage of the $25 holding deposit. I tried to clarify everything on my wedding website so if they went through my information they should have been clear but we are still getting questions.

Just wondering how you navigated this on your end.

Question for the 2019 Brides...

Did anyone have an issue with holding their group rate? Since we are getting married while at sea everyone who wants to come must sail with us. Anyone else getting married while at sea on Carnival?

Since we booked our cruise so early under a group rate they barely gave us a month to hold the rooms with a $25 deposit. Unfortunately I published that cost on my save the date before I knew that they would be so stringent about it. I kept asking my travel agent why if the cruise isn't until the end of 2019 and the real deposit isn't due until July 2019 why the group rate holding deposit of $25 couldn't be extended further. She extended it a couple of times but actually complained to me about asking for it to be extended.

It was mainly an issue for me because a lot of my save the dates ended up being returned by the usps for no reason. Some of them were returned almost a month after I sent them so everyone who got it late now can't take advantage of the $25 holding deposit. I tried to clarify everything on my wedding website so if they went through my information they should have been clear but we are still getting questions.

Just wondering how you navigated this on your end.

Yes! Same here! We are getting married in December 2019 and we had the exact same thing occur with our $25 deposit cut off. I called in May to hold the rooms after I finished our Save the Dates and was basically given 4 weeks to have everyone place their deposit. I called to have it extended and they only gave me 1 extra week.

In addition to that many people were given different information each time they called. I specifically chose rooms on the 7th floor and when my guests called they were told they could get rooms on deck 1 or 2 and I was baffled because I knew my guests wouldn't want to be spread throughout the ship and multiple guests told me this was offered to them. Also, I was initially told when holding our rooms the $25 deposit would hold the room and lock in the price but after several guests made their deposits they said they were told this doesn't actually hold the room until they put in the full $250pp which isnt supposed to be due until July 2019. It makes me wonder more and more about booking my actual wedding package through Carnival rather than going with third party vendors, even the booking of staterooms has been a less than stellar experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes! Same here! We are getting married in December 2019 and we had the exact same thing occur with our $25 deposit cut off. I called in May to hold the rooms after I finished our Save the Dates and was basically given 4 weeks to have everyone place their deposit. I called to have it extended and they only gave me 1 extra week.

In addition to that many people were given different information each time they called. I specifically chose rooms on the 7th floor and when my guests called they were told they could get rooms on deck 1 or 2 and I was baffled because I knew my guests wouldn't want to be spread throughout the ship and multiple guests told me this was offered to them. Also, I was initially told when holding our rooms the $25 deposit would hold the room and lock in the price but after several guests made their deposits they said they were told this doesn't actually hold the room until they put in the full $250pp which isnt supposed to be due until July 2019. It makes me wonder more and more about booking my actual wedding package through Carnival rather than going with third party vendors, even the booking of staterooms has been a less than stellar experience.

Just based on the time of year we wanted to cruise and the cost of each cruise lines packages for weddings we are still happy with Carnival so far. I just think their policies could be better about this deposit. I figure they want to guarantee people will pay and still take the cruise in the end. You would think booking for a group they would be better about timing.

Either way I have to see how it goes going forward. Yes my travel agent told me while the $25 booking deposit will hold the room category it will not hold the actual cabin they get. They have to pay the actual deposit of $250 to be assigned a room#. She told me that once they pay the actual deposit that they will be assigned their cabin from there. The longer they wait to pay the full deposit the more they will have to take whichever cabins are left in the category they picked instead of having their pick of the ship etc... I guess I can understand that as the full deposit per person on the website is like $300 per person depending on the cruise you decide to take. Either way I am going to be watching all these things really closely.

I am also worried about my friends or family that book through their own TA or travel service. Will they be included in any extra things we get like the private/shared party they offer the night of embarkation when you have a certain amount of staterooms booked. Both FH and I have friends that have expressed they will be booking through their own source. I will have to wait for their RSVP to confirm as my TA can only tell me the people that have booked through her...

Hi Everyone! My name is Whitney and I got engaged earlier this month. My Fiance and I had always said we would do a cruise wedding. Because of my school/residency schedule, we have decided to do it in May or June 2019. Which gives a shorter planning window than I would like, but what can you do!

We are trying to decide what cruise line to go with right now. We are strongly leaning towards Carnival. Does anyone know what the additional fee for guests is after 20 guests?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone! My name is Whitney and I got engaged earlier this month. My Fiance and I had always said we would do a cruise wedding. Because of my school/residency schedule, we have decided to do it in May or June 2019. Which gives a shorter planning window than I would like, but what can you do!

We are trying to decide what cruise line to go with right now. We are strongly leaning towards Carnival. Does anyone know what the additional fee for guests is after 20 guests?

Thanks!

I booked my cruise wedding with Carnival. I was told that it really depends on your final guest count. They said it could range from $40 to $60 per person. I also read someone else's thread on the cruise critics board and she said she ended up having to also pay tax on those additional people. When I brought up taxes with our wedding planner with Carnival she said she wasn't sure what I was talking about. Either way I am planning for $45/pp base and just adding an additional $20 to that to be safe. If I pay less that's great.

I told her that right now we had about 30 people booked and 30 or so interested. She quoted me about $45/pp for the additional people with a total of about 60 guests. We shall see...

Length of cruise for wedding cruise?? How long are your wedding cruises and how many attendees do you all anticipate? None of my family lives in Florida, so everyone will have to fly to port. We are debating between a 4 day and a 7 day cruise. Do any of you have a 7 day that looks like it will have a good guest turn out?

Thanks!!

Length of cruise for wedding cruise?? How long are your wedding cruises and how many attendees do you all anticipate? None of my family lives in Florida, so everyone will have to fly to port. We are debating between a 4 day and a 7 day cruise. Do any of you have a 7 day that looks like it will have a good guest turn out?

Thanks!!

We are doing a 7 day and have 38 people booked.

Thanks!!

We looked into a seven day, and a lot of our family was concerned with cost and time off. So I think it really depends on your friends and family if they’re able to do a week. We settled on a five day because of the Royal Princess doing one out of LA. Our only option for a four day was an old Carnival ship, so that’s the only reason we didn’t do a shorter cruise. Be careful that sometimes shorter cruises aren’t on the nicest ships.

That is helpful! Thank you! How many did you invite?? I’m wondering what type of return people get on longer cruises!

We invited 100 but we knew not everyone would come and we were ok with that. As for 7 vs 4 day remember the short cruises tend to be more of a party, so it depends on what your looking for.

Thanks!!

I would have loved to do a 7 day for our cruise wedding since this will be our honeymoon too. We were trying to be more considerate to family as we only have a couple of friends that even live in Florida so everybody had to travel. My fiancé was against us having a wedding in LA where we live because all of his family and friends would have had to travel and if we did it in NY my family would have to travel. Our compromise was for a 4 day cruise over Thanksgiving so people would have to take less time off and everyone has to travel to Miami no matter what.

We are thinking of adding on a couple days at the end of the cruise either flying to Jamaica or some place else just us since we didn't go with the longer cruise.

We decided to go with a 7 day cruise! It will be less people, but more quality time with close family and friends. It is a big ask in terms of time and finances, but it also is a vacation and a family reunion! Most close friends and family we surveyed said they would do either one. One of my closest friends complained about boarding her dog and the flights.... she didn't even think about how much I spent on her bachelorette and wedding! It seems like a lot of money up front, but I think it's more cost effective than most destination weddings!

So as I was mentioning in my previous post we are not getting married until November 2019. I sent out save the dates in May 2018 to give everyone over a year to plan and save for the trip if they wanted to join us. I don't plan to send out actual invites until next June 2019. Would it be weird to send a 'we are a year out' kind of notice/email in November 2018? Only because anyone who wants to join us for the cruise has to be paid off by Sept 26th, 2019. I was thinking that anyone who hasn't booked or hasn't mentioned they for sure can't make it might want more time than 4 months but maybe that should be ok... What do y'all think? Is anyone else planning to do something similar to this if you already sent your STD out super early?

• 1 month later...

Thanks!!

We are booked on a 7 day cruise out of Miami and hope to have 25 people booked by the end of this year! So far we have 18 people officially booked (20 if you count me and my future hubby) so I hope we meet our goal so we can have 75 non-sailing guest come too. Our families mostly live in Miami so we don't have the fly to port issue. I think cost might be a big factor when thinking about a 4 day vs a 7 day cruise but also what ships you have available for each itinerary because different ships might have different options for your ceremony/reception space! I hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Party People!!

2019 bride here too! Getting married 2/18/19 on the Liberty of the Seas! Have about 20 people booked so far!

We are booked to get married on the LOS 3/18/19. I’d be interested in comparing notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked to get married on the LOS 3/18/19. I’d be interested in comparing notes.

Absolutely! So far it's been pretty painless. We've been working with Kayla at ROE. There's not much back and forth between us but she's efficient in answering our questions and accommodating us with questions like "how big is the cake, I need to order a topper". We're getting married in the Chapel and are having our reception at Olive or Twist. We're up to 26 guests and working through the paperwork/selections. I'm frustrated with a few things right now but it's fine. We've been told that there is no rehearsal prior to the actual event so I'm slightly concerned about how we'll all walk in and where we'll stand but I've been assured that the onboard day of cruise planner will help us all get it sorted. We're also unable to book hair/makeup before getting on board which is fine but I'm annoyed that the day we get on board the ship we have to do so much since we get married the next day. I'd rather just relax and have a cocktail :) Happy to chat further here or offline!

Absolutely! So far it's been pretty painless. We've been working with Kayla at ROE. There's not much back and forth between us but she's efficient in answering our questions and accommodating us with questions like "how big is the cake, I need to order a topper". We're getting married in the Chapel and are having our reception at Olive or Twist. We're up to 26 guests and working through the paperwork/selections. I'm frustrated with a few things right now but it's fine. We've been told that there is no rehearsal prior to the actual event so I'm slightly concerned about how we'll all walk in and where we'll stand but I've been assured that the onboard day of cruise planner will help us all get it sorted. We're also unable to book hair/makeup before getting on board which is fine but I'm annoyed that the day we get on board the ship we have to do so much since we get married the next day. I'd rather just relax and have a cocktail :) Happy to chat further here or offline!

Would love to chat more. My fiancé (Missy) and I (Rick) would love to stay in touch and compare notes. We’ve been selecting music and flowers and looking at the cake options. We are getting married on the first sea day and will have the cake and bubbly with dinner that night since everyone will still be dressed. As a result we are considering not doing a reception after the service. We have about a dozen going with us. We both have teen kiddos so this is not our first venture down the aisle. I thought the maritime license was a cool idea so that’s what prompted the plans we have made.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, rriceesq said:

Would love to chat more. My fiancé (Missy) and I (Rick) would love to stay in touch and compare notes. We’ve been selecting music and flowers and looking at the cake options. We are getting married on the first sea day and will have the cake and bubbly with dinner that night since everyone will still be dressed. As a result we are considering not doing a reception after the service. We have about a dozen going with us. We both have teen kiddos so this is not our first venture down the aisle. I thought the maritime license was a cool idea so that’s what prompted the plans we have made.

Have you guys done the paperwork for the maritime license yet? We got everything we needed the week before last and went to our planner but have yet to hear back... I'd thought they do all the paperwork for us but I could be wrong! Just want to make sure I'm submitting it if that's what we need to do... 

Anyone else gotten a legal at sea maritime license? How does the paperwork processing happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.

Just wanted to check in to see if there were any new cruise brides for 2019!

Anyone getting married at sea on a Carnival Cruise this year? Anyone already get married at sea on a Carnival cruise that could give me some more insight from 2018? Of course all opinions are good for me. I can take what I can for my situation but any help you could add here would be wonderful. I need to build a Chuppah that will also need to be transported from LA to Miami. If you have any experience with this outside of a cruise wedding would be a big help.

Excited our time is finally here!

Hey everyone.

I am marrying my best friend on Carnival Spirit 21 November 2019, followed by a B2B cruise to the Pacific Islands for our honeymoon.

This is both our 2nd wedding and we wanted something more relaxed. We sent out invites in August last year and so far have 45 people booked on the cruise.

• Like 3