Help! Pre-Cruise: What do I need to have?

Waswo

I apologize for my ignorance. My TA retired and she always sent us or arranged for everything to happen. I was accustomed to having statements from her about OBC, etc. Also all the cruise statements, the printed material, luggage tags. She knew everything; she did everything. So I assumed that everything was routine.

We sail on the Insignia on 23rd Sept and leave home in 7 days and a few hours. My last communication from my TA was August 1. I know I should not have waited so long to inquire.

What should I do? Nobody answers phones on the weekend. We have, of course, paid in full.

We forgot our luggage tags and everything when we went on our cruise back in July. We just had a single piece of paper with our reservation number on it. They put tags on our bags when we got to the cruise terminal. We checked in just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You should have received in the mail a blue cruise booklet (which includes the luggage tags) and your TA should also have sent an email confirmation showing the finer details, although of course no luggage tags.

Luggage tags aren't a problem because you can always get blanks when you check in and fill in your names and room number on them.

I'm not sure that Oceania doesn't answer the phone on weekends but you may well be right! I rarely try to call them.

Did your former TA hand you off to a replacement, or are you now on your own?

When in doubt bring a copy of your invoice. I always bring that with me even when I have the famous blue booklet and the email confirmations. It turned out to be a good thing we did on our May cruise on Riviera because they lost our La Reserve reservation but my invoice showed that we'd paid for the dinner. Everything got resolved easily. I probably didn't need to have that invoice with me, but it sure didn't hurt!

Try not too worry too much. They will still let you on the ship!

There will be cards in your room detailing OBC and any dining reservations you have made (plus anything else you may have "pre-ordered").

Mura

Mura

PASSPORT! :)

Yes, print out copies of all documentation about your sailing (cabin number, any excursions, dining, etc.), and especially all payments.

Just about all other things can be dealt with on board *if* there is a problem, and there probably won't be anyway.

GC

Did you received an email from Oceania

FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY ?

Print it off & take it

Are you using Oceania Air?

You will need a passport & credit card at check in

Baggage tags you can get at the port from the porters

Check in at MY ACCOUNT on Oceania's website & make sure everything is in order

I would still try to contact your TA asap

Yes, print out copies of all documentation about your sailing (cabin number, any excursions, dining, etc.), and especially all payments.

As a reminder for all of us, Oceania Website Accounts go offline during the last 7 days before sailing (which is where the OP is, if I'm reading this correctly). Printing won't be possible.

I apologize for my ignorance. My TA retired and she always sent us or arranged for everything to happen. I was accustomed to having statements from her about OBC, etc. Also all the cruise statements, the printed material, luggage tags. She knew everything; she did everything. So I assumed that everything was routine.

We sail on the Insignia on 23rd Sept and leave home in 7 days and a few hours. My last communication from my TA was August 1. I know I should not have waited so long to inquire.

What should I do? Nobody answers phones on the weekend. We have, of course, paid in full.

If you've had a long term relationship with this TA, you should have his/her cell number for "emergency" calls or, at least, some 24/7 "problems" telephone/email contact data. If this is not the case, it's time to find a new TA for future bookings.

By now, you should have your O "vacation planner" (blue book incl luggage tags). When you book with (or transfer to) a TA, you can specify to have it sent direct to you vs via TA (who forwards it to you). Likewise, you should get "final docs" as email attachments several weeks prior to departure.

If your stuff is going through the TA and s/he has "retired" without moving your matters to a colleague (or otherwise informing you of a transition plan), your stuff may be sitting in his/her email/snail mail.

At the very least, call O (they do have weekend hours) and ask that replacements (blue book and luggage tags) be fedex'ed overnight. Also ask for final docs to be emailed to you now since your TA has basically "disappeared" from the "face of the earth."

BTW, a while back (last year?) someone posted a link to get a PDF lookalike of blank O luggage tags. When push comes to shove, you can also get blanks e-mailed to you if you can offer a good reason for needing them (e.g., cruise starts at the end of s month long land vacation for which you leave next week).

Thank you all for your help. My TA of a long time retired a couple of years ago so now I am working with a brand new one.

I think that with all the great information you have provided I will be able to get ourselves on board. I do have our cabin # and will forge fearlessly forward without the "blue book".

Thank you all so much.

If you've had a long term relationship with this TA, you should have his/her cell number for "emergency" calls or, at least, some 24/7 "problems" telephone/email contact data. If this is not the case, it's time to find a new TA for future bookings.

By now, you should have your O "vacation planner" (blue book incl luggage tags). When you book with (or transfer to) a TA, you can specify to have it sent direct to you vs via TA (who forwards it to you). Likewise, you should get "final docs" as email attachments several weeks prior to departure.

If your stuff is going through the TA and s/he has "retired" without moving your matters to a colleague (or otherwise informing you of a transition plan), your stuff may be sitting in his/her email/snail mail.

At the very least, call O (they do have weekend hours) and ask that replacements (blue book and luggage tags) be fedex'ed overnight. Also ask for final docs to be emailed to you now since your TA has basically "disappeared" from the "face of the earth."

BTW, a while back (last year?) someone posted a link to get a PDF lookalike of blank O luggage tags. When push comes to shove, you can also get blanks e-mailed to you if you can offer a good reason for needing them (e.g., cruise starts at the end of s month long land vacation for which you leave next week).

Unfortunately it takes a minimum of two to three weeks to print another CRS (Blue Book) and O charges $25 for a second one..(at least they try)

Best bet is to call O today and ask for them to send final docs email..Print that and you will be fine..I always get my luggage tags at the port..

Jancruz1