laundry

zqtchas

Is it 3 bags regardless of the length of the cruise - 7 day or 30 day?...… not talking about RTW, where laundry service is included for the entire cruise.

I believe it is

Unless you are on a B2B or GV made up of segments it maybe per segment for Concierge Cabins & above

They may have other bag specials for a fee

usually 20 items for $24.95

I usually just use the laundry room

Like Lyn I usually prefer to do my own laundry, but on our two weeks on Riviera in May (booked as one cruise but make up of two one-week sailings) we had the 3 laundry privilege on each leg. More than we needed with only 7 days on each leg! (We were in an Oceania suite so may have had a different benefit from lower down levels.)

As I recall we were on Marina last November on a 14 day cruise and we had the same 3 options ... but 3 were more useable on a 2 week cruise than they would be on a one week cruise.

They do a good job, but there are always items I prefer to do myself!

Mura

It is per segment. Never did a 30 day cruise, but on a 21 day cruise it was the same three bags.

Now counting. We couldn’t turn a bag in on the last three days of the cruise. So it was 3 bags for 18 days or 1 bag every 6 days. That worked fine for us. Not sure how that would have been handled on a 7 day cruise? A four day window? Mura would have to perhaps reply. If you wanted laundry done inside of that 3 day final window, you either paid for it or did it yourself.

Some got on the ship with a week’s worth of laundry having arrived early. They used bag #1 on day 2. They either had to stretch the next two bags or catch the 20 item special at $24.99!

It is per segment. Never did a 30 day cruise, but on a 21 day cruise it was the same three bags.

Now counting. We couldn’t turn a bag in on the last three days of the cruise. So it was 3 bags for 18 days or 1 bag every 6 days. That worked fine for us. Not sure how that would have been handled on a 7 day cruise? A four day window? Mura would have to perhaps reply. If you wanted laundry done inside of that 3 day final window, you either paid for it or did it yourself.

Some got on the ship with a week’s worth of laundry having arrived early. They used bag #1 on day 2. They either had to stretch the next two bags or catch the 20 item special at $24.99!

Back in November 2017 the three bags on a 14 day cruise worked fine for us. On the May 2018 B2B we did one bag per week as I recall. More wasn't necessary.

We were in OCs on both cruises and so maybe we got faster service but on both cruises we had the laundry back in two days. Yes, it's faster if you pay for the service OR of course if you do your own laundry!

We've never had a problem using the laundry machines, especially on Marina or Riviera. It's all in the timing ... don't try to do it on a sea day if you only have one! Usually we go in at cocktail hour, do two loads and then go to dinner.

Often people who are doing a B2B will take the "turn-around" day to do laundry. For a number of hours in the morning./early afternoon there isn't a problem getting machines.

Yes, it's trickier timing when you are on an "R" ship that only has one laundry room whereas the "O" ships have them on each passenger deck (except for Deck 12 which only has a limited number of cabins).

Mura

We were on a 32 day grand voyage in an A1 cabin (20 day leg and a 12 day leg) and were able to wear clean clothes every day and never had to use the $25 per bag special. The reason being we bought enough underwear at Wal-Mart cheaper than we could have it washed for. This allowed us to put our shirts, blouses and pants in the 3 free laundry bags per leg. I know this is a little extreme, but socks and underwear are pretty cheap at Wal-Mart and don't take much space up in a suitcase! Also, on a b2b or GV, the 3 day limit doesn't apply so you can put a bag of laundry in, if you wanted to, on the last day or two before the end of the first leg.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We had the 3 laundry bags for 10 days NYC to Bermuda at concierge level Never used it before and it was nice. Only problem was that if you used the free service, you had to allow up to three days and couldn't use in toward the end of the cruise-I think also three days. Only able to do two bags. In the future, I might use it even with a lesser cabin. The convenience would be worth the price if a per bag option is available on a future cruise.

Mary

The reason being we bought enough underwear at Wal-Mart cheaper than we could have it washed for.....I know this is a little extreme, but socks and underwear are pretty cheap at Wal-Mart and don't take much space up in a suitcase!

For many, many years I've saved up old undies to take on vacations (cruises or land) and thrown them away before returning home. When I return, I buy new ones. If I don't have enough undies to last for the entire vacation then I go buy extra "cheap" undies before leaving and throw them all away as usual. Another benefit is additional luggage space when going home.

Go Bucks.....i thought I was the only one who did that. When I told people we took disposable underwear on our 3 week trip to Israel, they usually asked, "You took Depends?" Nope the old underwear that got thrown out.

This is a separate topic! If a cruiser believes they can go a full day on an individual depends, they hopefully are on a different shoe excursion ! However, they aren’t! Let’s see a show of hands that believe a toddler can last a full day on a single diaper?

Why is this controversial?

How many adult cruisers would tolerate a young mother never changing a dripping wet diaper on a toddler? Do seniors , wearing adult diapers, believe their urine doesn’t stink? If so, they should watch the facial expressions of those on the bus when the adult diaper drippers walk by!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, juliet said:

I get that the turnaround for a bag of laundry is a few days.  Not a problem.  Do they always do mens dress (button) shirts ok?  Pressed or on a hanger?  TIA

I believe they're folded. If you want pressed or dry cleaned that is at an additional charge, unless you're in a room that also have some pressing and dry cleaning as a perk. I think the Concierge Class and up have pressing on embarkation. I don't know the exact details, but I think you get little cards to fill out for it. 

41 minutes ago, ORV said:

I believe they're folded. If you want pressed or dry cleaned that is at an additional charge, unless you're in a room that also have some pressing and dry cleaning as a perk. I think the Concierge Class and up have pressing on embarkation. I don't know the exact details, but I think you get little cards to fill out for it. 

Yes Concierge  get 4 free pressings per cabin

I have used ours  near the end of the cruise  to get DH linen shirts pressed  then I do not have to do it  😉

they go straight into the suitcase

They came folded once & on hangers another time

• Thanks 1