Upgrade Opinions

magictam

So I received the upgrade email offer from Holland for my 10 day Mediterranean cruise next month. Going from deck 4 obstructed view balcony to deck 5 category V for $88 total. Only drawback I see so far is it has a connecting door to it.

So what do y’all think good deal or not?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I received the upgrade email offer from Holland for my 10 day Mediterranean cruise next month. Going from deck 4 obstructed view balcony to deck 5 category V for $88 total. Only drawback I see so far is it has a connecting door to it.

Thanks

What I think its if you haven't already grabbed it, it's gone.

I am on a 5 hour road trip. Finally got a break to call. After long hold I was told same cabin is now $500 more and lose on board credit. I am asked to check history on who I spoke with a few hours ago because I’m really upset at Rho discrepancy. Another long hold and was told they’ll speak with agent but only offer this deal. I turned it down. I was happy with cabin booked so I’ll have a great time.

Yikes -- can't believe that they raised the price and you would lose your onboard credit.

I even said that I understood the fare increase but to lose my onboard credit was ridiculous.

But still have a balcony and it’s a port intensive cruise so have more money for onshore.

I even said that I understood the fare increase but to lose my onboard credit was ridiculous.

But still have a balcony and it’s a port intensive cruise so have more money for onshore.

Gosh, that just doesn't sound right. Enjoy your cruise.

We've been offered numerous upsells, but the only one we accepted was on Prinsendam where we went from an inside to an outside in a much better location on the ship. We only had to pay $50 total more on a 16-day cruise, which we considered a bargain. We jumped at this opportunity, and it was offered over the phone rather than through email. Normally, by the time, we check our email, it's way too late to take advantage. Besides, we've never received an email offer that we thought was a better deal, so it didn't matter in the long run.

Glad you're happy with the cabin you originally booked instead of pining for a cabin that's already taken. Have a fabulous cruise. It's a wonderful itinerary!

Thanks

For what it's worth, any cabin with a connecting door isn't a good deal unless you're traveling with someone you want to have next door, so you can visit back and forth. Generally, you can hear your neighbors and vice versa, even if both parties are trying to be quiet.