Value of Neptune vs. SS

betonic

We love the additional size of the SS staterooms. As 5* we receive the laundry/dry cleaning which is important to us. We will take a Neptune on cruises over 20 days IF the price is not too much m,ore than a SS. That amount can only be determined by you.

We do enjoy breakfast in the PG and the ability to go to the lounge for coffee and appetizers.

How much more would you pay for an SB (neptune) vs an SS? Westerdam

We are happy with the SS but would like to try a Neptune, just not sure if it’s $100 more per day for the cabin.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Value depends of course on the person. If your $100 per day covers 2 people, I think it is worth it, especially if you are not a 4 or 5 Star Mariner (they get several of the Neptune perks anyway).

It really does depend on you what you want and will use and how much you like extra space.

And, it can depend on the ship. some Neptune Suites are nicer than others. Bigger verandahs, etc.

If it's $100 per day for the cabin, that sounds like a very good deal to me and I'd probably be biting.

But, it's only worth it if it's worth it to you.

signature suites are nice and have decent space so only you can decide. But if the offer is out and you want it, don't wait too long as you are not the only one it is being offered to. It may be long gone ;)

As 4* it’s not worth it to us. Don’t like the hours for the Pinacle breakfast (too late), don’t drink or want canapés, don’t need the laundry or priority in lines...so love our SSs.

Do you mean the Pinnacle Grill hours (open at 7:30am or 8am depending on sea or shore day) are "too late", or that they are too early and you are "too late"? Those hours are plenty early for me!:eek:

How much more would you pay for an SB (neptune) vs an SS? Westerdam

We are happy with the SS but would like to try a Neptune, just not sure if it’s $100 more per day for the cabin.

What do you think?

There is only one way to know for sure if the Neptune is worth the money to you. Simply take a cruise in a Neptune and see for yourself.

Warning: I went down this dangerous path and now Wife will not cruise in less than a Suite.

We've had a Neptune a few times, and a Signature once, and will have again in November. Depending on your budget, you do get perks with a Neptune, and the suite is bigger. We LOVE the Neptune, but being two retired people, budget has to come into play. We love to indulge, but for us, it has to be within what we want, or can, afford to pay on that cruise. If you can do it, go for it, or wait to see if you get a lower offer. You very well may.

Thanks for your comments. We’re going to wait and see if the price comes down because we’re really happy with the SS we’re assigned and didn’t love the SB location.

If the offer to upgrade came from HAL (as an "upsell"), they usually let you select your cabin and often you can get an SA for the same price, so you might ask about this.

If you get an "upsell" offer from HAL, you need to jump on it quickly as many people get the same one and there may only be several cabins available. On my last cruise, we got an offer 5 days prior to sailing and it lasted all of 5 minutes (I know since we took it) and there was only one cabin available.

My agent called and there was only one SB cabin available. We regularly take upsell opportunities so set guidelines with the agent so she doesn’t waste time calling us before calling HAL. In this case my agent sent me a quick email because she knew I wouldn’t like the location right next to the elevator.

Value depends of course on the person. If your $100 per day covers 2 people, I think it is worth it, especially if you are not a 4 or 5 Star Mariner (they get several of the Neptune perks anyway).

Exactly what I was going to say.

We are 3* and NOT anywhere near retired so cruising is a once a year thing for us at most. The laundry is a nice perk but that is easily bought for not very much onboard. The Neptune Lounge with the concierge and the Pinnacle breakfast are rather nice and luxurious additions and since we have so little time onboard generally, we have splurged on a Neptune or 2. BUT SS are also just fine by us too. The space in the cabin and on the balcony are a real nice perk.