Amenity change on Nov 1, 2019

rheasue38

I like your thinking, ORV. We will be Silver by the end of 2018. :D

Received confirmation for a 2020 cruise. We are Silver. $250 OBC, a bottle of wine, a hat and a tote bag. Oceania’s new “Transformation” is to reduce Loyal Member’s benefits. O’s website now doesn’t give any amounts for OBC....just says “EXTRA shipboard credit”. Are they keeping the original amounts for booked cruises prior to change date? Just went from Bronze to Silver and “EXTRA” $50. You are not a Valued Member as they say, but a highly Devalued Member! Back to Tauck!

The changes are not based on time of booking but rather the date of sailing. If the sailing is after Nov 1, 2019 then the new rules apply. If you feel bad about the changes as a Silver, just think what Platinums and Diamonds should think.

Just out of curiosity, what is Tauck’s loyalty program like?

How do they make you feel like a “Valued Member”?

Edited by Paulchili

Received confirmation for a 2020 cruise. We are Silver. $250 OBC, a bottle of wine, a hat and a tote bag. Oceania’s new “Transformation” is to reduce Loyal Member’s benefits. O’s website now doesn’t give any amounts for OBC....just says “EXTRA shipboard credit”. Are they keeping the original amounts for booked cruises prior to change date? Just went from Bronze to Silver and “EXTRA” $50. You are not a Valued Member as they say, but a highly Devalued Member! Back to Tauck!

You’ll also get pre paid grats.

some people here sound like they are kindergarten

if you do not play my game I will take the ball & go home

GEEZ Hotels, airlines & other cruise lines change the loyalty programs all the time

JMO

and nothing says they have to give us ANY loyalty program.

No arguments from me BUT ...

When you are used to the enhancements and just as you get to a high level they seem to snatch them away from you ... you are unhappy!

We're gold and I doubt we'll reach 20 cruises for a free one given DH's vision problems -- he's decided no more travel for him -- but even so I regret the loss of that. I'm assuming that the "free" cruise is one of the disappearing perks, maybe I'm wrong!

But even though we have rarely used the spa credit, I'd miss not having it ...

(No, I wouldn't refuse to sail with Oceania just because of the restructuring of loyalty enhancements!)

Mura

yeah, we're going to miss getting some additional money...we'll be diamond level when we board ATW20--but it's sure not going to affect my enjoyment a single one of the 180 days I'm on board--can't wait to go!

So since we are now silver and our next cruise earns us 5 cruise credits, that means we will be gold for that cruise. We will enjoy the extra benefits for that cruise in January and for the next cruise in October 2019. After that we. Will still stay with O once we have done our Antarctica cruise. Can’t use O for that one. One of the best things I like about cruising with Oceania us the wonderful people I meet. As a result of meeting them, my bucket list keeps growing Our last cruise to Greenland and Iceland has added several new places to our bucket list after talking to so many others.

We'll be platinum when go on ATW 2020. We're delighted as never would have imagined we'd get to this level when made our first cruise on Renaissance cruises!! We enjoy having the amenities, but the cruise is the main thing!!

some people here sound like they are kindergarten

if you do not play my game I will take the ball & go home

GEEZ Hotels, airlines & other cruise lines change the loyalty programs all the time

JMO

Hotels seem to be increasing their loyalty programs and there not many airlines left so there in no competition for them. Some people on this board seems to think that loyalty should only go one way, from us to Oceania and no loyalty at all from them to us. A one way street will only go so far until the road runs out. Love Oceania but I think they are making a big mistake with this. Just my opinion. :(:(

Hotels seem to be increasing their loyalty programs and there not many airlines left so there in no competition for them. Some people on this board seems to think that loyalty should only go one way, from us to Oceania and no loyalty at all from them to us. A one way street will only go so far until the road runs out. Love Oceania but I think they are making a big mistake with this. Just my opinion. :(:(

Once again, please tell us which cruise line is going to give you better perks?

I’m not defending their move and can’t say that I like it, but I’m not going to let it eat me up.

Here’s my view on the loyalty program. HAL does a very nice circumnavigation of Japan that we’ve been begging Oceania to do for several years. As a loyal Oceania cruiser, if Oceania will approximate or duplicate that cruise in 2021 (the earliest their schedule could now accommodate it) we’ll be signed up as soon as it’s announced and never give a 2nd thought about HAL. Otherwise, we’ll be doing it on HAL in 2021 or maybe 2020. Would we rather sail Oceania? Definitely! But being loyal doesn’t mean we don’t do the itinerary because Oceania doesn’t do it. No loyalty program is that big, even if they throw back in the spa credit! Desired itinerary trumps loyalty program for us.

Here’s my view on the loyalty program. HAL does a very nice circumnavigation of Japan that we’ve been begging Oceania to do for several years. As a loyal Oceania cruiser, if Oceania will approximate or duplicate that cruise in 2021 (the earliest their schedule could now accommodate it) we’ll be signed up as soon as it’s announced and never give a 2nd thought about HAL. Otherwise, we’ll be doing it on HAL in 2021 or maybe 2020. Would we rather sail Oceania? Definitely! But being loyal doesn’t mean we don’t do the itinerary because Oceania doesn’t do it. No loyalty program is that big, even if they throw back in the spa credit! Desired itinerary trumps loyalty program for us.

+1 We also are itinerary driven. After cruising on 10 different lines in a 30 yr timespan, we now cruise for itinerary (or with friends for their or our special occasions).

Once again, please tell us which cruise line is going to give you better perks?

I’m not defending their move and can’t say that I like it, but I’m not going to let it eat me up.

Still plenty of time to figure that out. Other's may want to compete in that area but we do not know yet. And then to see if changing made any sense as Oceania's product is still wonderful. Will not cut my nose to spite my face but Oceania should not either. See you all in board. I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

So, now that 2019 bookings are BOOMING and require price increases next week on 67% of those 2019 sailings, "O" surely doesn't need the slashing of benefits under the Loyalty Program that was announced about six months ago.

Time for "O" HQ to make an astute business decision and at least "grandfather" those loyal "O" Club members!!

So, now that 2019 bookings are BOOMING and require price increases next week on 67% of those 2019 sailings, "O" surely doesn't need the slashing of benefits under the Loyalty Program that was announced about six months ago.

Maybe they're using the savings on loyalty program to help fund the OceaniaNext renovations? :confused:

Kind of odd.. But I was able to get on the new web site. They have a chart of the O club benefits. You can scroll on the the various levels. And for Gold. It still shows the Spa benefit.

enhance

Don't know if this is new or a web error, but it does not show on our last invoice as a benefit. The Gold OBC of reduced $400 does.

Edited by PaulMCO

Not a web error. Those benefits are included until November 2019. Our cruises prior show $400 OBC and the cruises after are $250 OBC, bottle of wine, Cap & Bag. Benefits should have been grandfathered in to nothng less than benefits reached by past passengers.

Kind of odd.. But I was able to get on the new web site. They have a chart of the O club benefits. You can scroll on the the various levels. And for Gold. It still shows the Spa benefit.

enhance

Don't know if this is new or a web error, but it does not show on our last invoice as a benefit. The Gold OBC of reduced $400 does.

You're looking at the page for "your" current benefits. Go to this page which is the generic page for benefits after Nov 1, 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

You're looking at the page for "your" current benefits. Go to this page which is the generic page for benefits after Nov 1, 2019

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

Interestingly, our 11/16/2019 cruise shows OBC of $600 which is the Plat OBC. After 11/1 it is supposed to be only $500 for Plat.

Will it be adjusted once on the cruise?

Interestingly, our 11/16/2019 cruise shows OBC of $600 which is the Plat OBC. After 11/1 it is supposed to be only $500 for Plat.

Will it be adjusted once on the cruise?

What ship are you on? It's a staggered rollout.

There are very few cruises post 11/1/19 that one can currently book. My guess is if you contracted for one of those cruises pre change announcement date, you’ll get your original benefits. For those that contracted after that date, they’ll get the new benefit level.

I’m also guessing that when the remaining 2020 cruises are released next month everyone’s benefits will be plainly spelled out in the new contract and booking confirmation.