Transatlantic - Oceania or Regent

JVNYC

I've never sailed on a Transatlantic cruise....it's always been on my mind and I'm thinking of booking my first one. I've sailed on Riviera and Marina (my preferred ships) many times but never on a Transatlantic. I'm looking at booking a westbound sailing in 2020.

I'm intrigued by the new Regent Splendor (wow what a ship) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on sailing on Regent's newest and best vs. Oceania's O ships. I've never sailed Regent. A Transatlantic is the best way to really enjoy the ship experience....that's why I'm considering Splendor.

I know many of you have sailed both lines so your comments are much appreciated. :D

My 2 cents. Book crystal. The on board activities on sea days are beyond compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did look at Crystal but they only have 1 in 2020 - Barcelona to Quebec and there aren't many sea days. Not a great one. Maybe 2021 will be better for Crystal.

Cruised Regent twice on the baby “Navigator” a Panama Canal cruise & a 10 night Caribbean, loved both. Would love to cruise with them again, Explorer looks stunning. Done 3 TAs, Hal, Ncl & Silversea on the Spirit in her 1st year which was fantastic. Doing 1st Oceania cruise which is a TA in November. My advice would be do the best you can afford. Enjoy

We have done several O Trans Atlantic trips and enjoyed all but one as it was extremely windy that one trip.

Generally if you want warm weather, poolside warmth do a southern one from Miami ( not Bermuda or north) or South America.

If that does not matter then you'll enjoy any crossing. There are more activities such as ship building, the country Fair, games with the officers to keep you busy along with games, bridge, Mah Jong, movies, free cooking shows which are entertaining. Of course there are also various speakers on board which can be of interest. Never had time to get bored and of course there are fabulous libraries.

Clientele are well travelled group and we have always enjoyed the sharing of meals on these trips. This is a good way to enjoy a crossing to get back from or to Europe.

Have 18 trips on O none on your other suggestion. Cunard is too formal for us, haven't done it in years.

We have sailed TAs on both, on Oceania three times on Marina and Riviera, in both directions. Most recently, we took Regent's Explorer, MIA/BCN. We enjoyed every voyage, although we prefer East to West.

Mary

Our first cruise on Oceania will be next march but we did an MIA to BCN on the Regent Explorer this year and it was magnificent in every way possible.

Will be taking the Regent from Miami to Hawaii (5 days crossing the Pacific. Then in April doing an Oceania transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona. I like the relaxation on the long ocean journeys

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

What is the date for this cruise. Looks interesting as I absolutely love Barcelona and want to try a Trans-Atlantic too!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app