soda card

dem1958

There is an Unlimited Coca-Cola package that runs $US9.20 per day.

Enjoy unlimited refills of fountain soda for the duration of your voyage. It includes a souvenir cup that you can take home with you. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Unlimited Soda Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package is for unlimited fountain soda and does not include canned items. Guests will be issued one specialty cup to be used in connection with this promotion. The cup is not replaceable. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining and beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

There is a $50 for $25 soda card Unfortunately, it says on the planner that it can only be used for fountain soda whereas in the past it could be used for canned soda .

We have been purchasing the HAL "$50 for $25 soda card(s)" for more than a decade now and they have NEVER covered "canned soda".

Perhaps it depends on the ship or itinerary, but we just finished a 15 day Volendam Asia cruise and my daughter used her discounted soda cards for canned sodas in the bars, primarily the Crow’s Nest. I knew the cards stated they were for fountain sodas, but she was given a can everywhere but the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

I'm just back from 20 days on the Zuiderdam, our first HAL cruise. I bought the $50 soda card (for $25) on line, in advance, because I like to drink seltzer/sparking water (and the occasional ginger ale). On HAL, they called it "soda water." I thought it was a good deal. Yes, you don't get a can, but at most places, especially at the bar in the EXC lounge, I was given a full pint glass. I don't generally drink that much! :D

Is that deal for the whole cruise?? Can't imagine that, I also can't imagine drinking $50 worth of soda a day!! How much is a soda?

It's not a per-day charge. It's a card for which you pay $25; you can then use the card to buy a total of $50 of fountain soda (including the gratuities). Each soda and tip was about $2.30. As you buy a soda, the balance on the card goes down by the amount of the purchase (like a gift card); the card is valid until its balance is zero.

If you ask for something not on the fountain gun, I believe you’ll get a can.

That is the experience I have had.

You might want to try the fountain gun drinks before purchasing the card. On two different ships I found the "gun" drinks to be anywhere from mediocre to undrinkable. I now purchase a can of soda when I want one.

That is the experience I have had.

You might want to try the fountain gun drinks before purchasing the card. On two different ships I found the "gun" drinks to be anywhere from mediocre to undrinkable. I now purchase a can of soda when I want one.

What sodas are usually in the "gun" and what can only be in the can?

Sent from my iPad using Forums