Koningsdam UNLIMITED COCA COLA PACKAGE (Freestyle)

I have seen lots of posts about the Freestyle Coke machines on the Koningsdam but I am a bit confused about getting cola drinks in the main dining room. Do you have to carry your chipped cup to the dining room to have a cola if you have purchased the Unlimited Coca Cola package? That seems a bit awkward!

Thanks!

There will be a sticker on your room card indicating you have the package. Just order from the beverage server. You won’t be charged and you do not need the cup.

Thanks for the update! My elderly diabetic mother has cruised with us before and often tires of the tea and water that are often her only beverage choices on long cruises. She is looking forward to all the sugar free options that the Freestyle machine will offer. The sticker will make it easy for her to enjoy her evening "dinner drink" of a sugar free ginger ale!

Actually, how much coca cola can one consume during course of a day? All that needless sugar, even if the choice is sugar free. YUK![/q

For diabetics, the Freestyle machine will offer some nice sugar free choices such as lemonade that are not offered any other way on the ship. Being restricted to water and tea (which is often sub par) on long cruises is extremely boring!

Edited by blueeyescruiser

Actually, how much coca cola can one consume during course of a day? All that needless sugar, even if the choice is sugar free. YUK!

Here is the important part: no matter how much they can consume with their package, we don’t have to drink any of it, so there’s no need to worry.

Approximately one time per cruise, there are three desserts that I fancy On one evening’s menu and so I order them after dinner. I certainly hope no one nearby is taking notes!

• Haha 1

Actually, how much coca cola can one consume during course of a day? All that needless sugar, even if the choice is sugar free. YUK!

Actually, to answer your question, one can consume as much sugar or sugar-free coca cola they want to. Into their body, not yours. The offer is for unlimited drinks. Thank you for asking.

So I assume you don't drink alcohol, don't touch a single dessert or item with sugar, you certainly don't visit the dive in for a burger or fried foods, I imagine the deli would be off limits due to the high fat content. How do you possibly stay away from the high sodium on a ship.

My point is....Dont judge people for their choices. It is their body and they get to choose what they drink and eat. It is not a very nice quality to behave this way.

• Like 1

So I assume you don't drink alcohol, don't touch a single dessert or item with sugar, you certainly don't visit the dive in for a burger or fried foods, I imagine the deli would be off limits due to the high fat content. How do you possibly stay away from the high sodium on a ship.

My point is....Dont judge people for their choices. It is their body and they get to choose what they drink and eat. It is not a very nice quality to behave this way.

You make a very good case why we should never go to single payer health care. We would then have a very direct financial interest in everyone else's personal health and negative lifestyle choices.

• 3 months later...

I don't touch alcohol and am diabetic. I found my best solution was to take sachets of Crystal Lite, a thermal drinking container, ask the room steward for a bucket of ice in the morning & evening & mix them using the faucet water in our cabin. In the Lido & MDR restaurants I would just drink the excellent water that is on board. Occasionally, I would cheat and have a free lemonade, OJ or Passion fruit juice in the Lido restaurant.

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, vikidon said:

Does anyone know if the free style has the diet flavored tea and diet dr pepper?

thanks!

The Freestyle machine I looked at (at a Fast Food place) has Diet Dr. Pepper and Fuze Ice Tea (Regular & Diet).  I'm guessing all have the same products but don't know for sure...

Mark

12 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

The Freestyle machine I looked at (at a Fast Food place) has Diet Dr. Pepper and Fuze Ice Tea (Regular & Diet).  I'm guessing all have the same products but don't know for sure...

Mark

that's what I am hoping! 

1 hour ago, fusion927 said:

Mark

HAL has a contract with Coca Cola, so any product that is in the Freestyle machine would be a Coke product. Coke does have a Tea and a product similar to Dr. Pepper, so they might be available, but not the actual Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper.

In looking around I found this site (Copyright the Coca Cola Company) which lists the products in the Coke Freestyle Machine. https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=all drinks

Dr. Pepper and Fuze Ice Tea, both regular and Diet, are listed.

Edited by richwmn

On 9/22/2018 at 8:43 PM, mcrcruiser said:

So what is the cost for a unlimited soda package ?

I am also diabetic & prefer diet coke with ice & lemon wedge 😄

I believe it was $89 for our 9 day trip... which works out to $10/day.  You'd have to drink more than 5 cans/day every day to be cheaper than buying individually - if I did the math right. 

16 hours ago, stevea326 said:

Does anyone know if the Freestyle is offered as an option on Nieuw Statendam?

The NS has the machine on board, but so far they don’t have the cups so you cannot purchase the package. My husband is diabetic and really enjoyed it when we sailed on KDam as he could get flavored waters too. One thing that he was told was that we would both have to purchase the soda package. This was not the case on the KDam last year. 

I’m sure the machine will be up and running, perhaps as soon as February. 

• Like 1

I'm on the Königsdam next week and got the Quench package - I'll try to remember to take a pic of the Freestyle machine that shows the "base" choices.   I've noticed some machines have fewer base choices than others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, Cailey53 said:

The NS has the machine on board, but so far they don’t have the cups so you cannot purchase the package. My husband is diabetic and really enjoyed it when we sailed on KDam as he could get flavored waters too. One thing that he was told was that we would both have to purchase the soda package. This was not the case on the KDam last year. 

I’m sure the machine will be up and running, perhaps as soon as February. 

They are selling the package on our March 24 sailing on NS, so I'm guessing it is either up and running now, or will be shortly.  Although I would love to use it, I can't see myself drinking that much soda, so will be passing on the package - I'm hoping I can still purchase a glass here and there.

• 6 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, TGCRUISEOMAHA said:

Any updates if they have the Freestyle machines on the Niew Statendam?

I read on another thread that they do.  I won't know for sure until June 👨

On 9/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ameena02 said:

Do both people in the cabin have to purchase the Freestyle plan?  Thanks for your help.

I'm my experience, no.  I've purchased the Coca Cola package on two different cruises (both on the Koningsdam).  In neither case did my wife and nobody said anything.  

Mark