laundry

zqtchas

How is that free laundry working out?

Works fine. They give you three tickets. You are allowed 20 items per bag.

Laundry service whether free or per unit or their special on longer cruises 20 items for $24.95 is always done well.

The only negative is the 3 day turn around.

Works fine. They give you three tickets. You are allowed 20 items per bag.

Laundry service whether free or per unit or their special on longer cruises 20 items for $24.95 is always done well.

The only negative is the 3 day turn around.

I was lucky enough to have a 2 day turn-around 2 out 3 times.

I guess it depends on how busy they are?

• 3 months later...

We just got back from Riviera Cruise - Greece and Israel - we found the free laundry service perk failed to meet the time for return as advertised. They don't count the day you turn in the laundry as Day 1, so it really took 4 days to get the laundry back. Thus, you need to be careful as to what you turn in. We found ourselves out of clean clothes and didn't get back what was turned in Weds. morning until Saturday evening.

Maybe it was just the ship as we have had the service before and it was returned to us on the 2nd day

We were on Riviera in May and the turn around was faster than claimed. Both times we got it back within two days (i.e., the third morning after we gave it to our cabin steward). We didn't count the day we gave them the laundry bag as Day 1 either.)

Perhaps there are various factors at play. Perhaps more people were using the service when YOU used it as compared to when WE used it?

But you are right that you shouldn't turn in too many items at one time!

Mura

That's a little bit disappointing. Is it the same turn around time if you pay for the service?

Our experience is only with HAL on a much larger ship. The laundry we sent out in the morning was return the next afternoon every time.

That's a little bit disappointing. Is it the same turn around time if you pay for the service?

Our experience is only with HAL on a much larger ship. The laundry we sent out in the morning was return the next afternoon every time.

That is the timeframe for the standard service. There is an overnight option at an additional cost.

That is the timeframe for the standard service. There is an overnight option at an additional cost.

Thanks, that will work for us. I like to get our last batch in just a couple of days before leaving the ship. It's so nice to have some fresh clothes to start the land portions of our trips.

You can always use the laundry room for $2 per machine

done in less than 90 mins :)

Thanks, that's another option for this cruise. We have many sea days so I could probably use a bit of alone time while DH does the laundry! ;)

I had the chance to compare the free laundry on Oceania with the free laundry offered by Scenic - a river boat on the Rhine river that we were on the week before boarding Riviera in Venice. The free laundry on Scenic came back beautifully folded and my husband's two dress shirts were returned pressed and on hangers.

The free laundry on Oceania (and yes it took 3 days) was clean but messily folded and a dress came back folded up in a little square. They say wash, dry and fold but the fold was more of a 'stack them and bundle them up'

That folding problem you encountered may depend on the ship -- or the personnel on duty at the time.

We used the "free" service several times on Marina and Riviera and our items were always folded extremely neatly. I should add that the items we went to be laundered were definitely casual!

Mura

Nyfeds;

The three free bags are a perk for Concierge and above.

They stop taking the free laundry three days prior to disembarkment. Best not to wait to close to the end to try using the perk.

On the Marina, last Fall, we got 2 day turn arounds ( turn in day plus 2), while on the Nautica in February it was always three days. Ship, timing, extraneous circumstances? Haven’t a clue but what is certain is that the answer ( time frame) varies. Not pat answer.

Is "free" laundry given only to those with higher Oceania status, length of cruise,

and/or cabin type?

3 free laundry bags is for Concierge & above cabins

20 items per bag

How is that free laundry working out?

We were on the Marina, 12-Day Baltic Cruise on July 2, 2018. We used all three free bags of laundry, and got all of them back within 2 days. We also did one load of laundry ourselves in the laundry room.

One person said she didn't want to use the free laundry service because she didn't know how they would treat her clothes. Ours came back all neatly folded - nothing was damaged.

Thanks for the clarification.

Denise

Was in Baltic in Marina recently. We had two day turnaround, all three times. Clothes were nearly folded, but definitely not pressed. Loved the service!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

On the 10-day cruise in May, we received three certificates for 20 items each. All of our items were returned the next day and very neatly, crisply folded and, on one occasion, all of the dress shirts were returned pressed and on hangers. The only negative (and I already know I'm being fussy) is that the returned items didn't smell "April Fresh!" Some items, I made a point of doing them myself in the on-board laundry with my own detergent.

Is "free" laundry given only to those with higher Oceania status, length of cruise,

and/or cabin type?

Pretty sure its concierge cabin and up.

On the ATW cruise, laundry service is included....

Special Offer

With OLife Choice*, our limited-time inclusive package, enjoy Roundtrip Airfare* & Free Internet plus choose one:

FREE - 72 Shore Excursions

FREE - Beverage Package

FREE - US$7,200 Shipboard Credit

Amenities are per stateroom

Plus:

Exclusive Prestige Package*:

FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities - a value of up to US$8,200

FREE Onboard Medical Care

FREE Internet

FREE Laundry Services

FREE Exclusive Shoreside Events

FREE Visa Package