Zuiderdam - What size are the largest inside rooms?

Guest debbiejohncruise

Guest debbiejohncruise

Having been to many sites trying to find out which rooms on the Zuiderdam are which size, when it comes to interior rooms. Can't find out, for example, the dimensions of either 7141 or 5165. We usually book a veranda room but the cruise we are looking at is very expensive so we are looking at the largest inside room. Thanks for your help, fellow cruisers! Debbie:)

Guest debbiejohncruise
Might be helpful if I had attached the link to the video.

It is not a very large cabin, pretty small in fact.

Thanks so much Yes very small. The frustrating thing with booking a sea view is they are all on guarantee bookings only. You can't pick your room. :-(

Try the J or K cabins on the main deck. Most are 200 square feet. For years, these were the only cabins we'd book. Now, we've moved up to the verandahs for the view, but most of them are much smaller than any of the J or K cabins we enjoyed on previous cruises.

If you decide to book one of these, be careful of the real estate above you. Some of these cabins are below venues that produce a LOT of noise. Avoid those cabins if possible.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Try the J or K cabins on the main deck. Most are 200 square feet. For years, these were the only cabins we'd book. Now, we've moved up to the verandahs for the view, but most of them are much smaller than any of the J or K cabins we enjoyed on previous cruises.

If you decide to book one of these, be careful of the real estate above you. Some of these cabins are below venues that produce a LOT of noise. Avoid those cabins if possible.

Thanks so much. Yes we always watch for what's above and below us.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Neither of those cabins are large. In fact they are standard small. The large insides are on Main deck, and I cabins on decks 6 & 8. EM

Thank you. What is below the Main Deck? I saw those rooms but was worried about being above the engine room......someone had written they had an I cabin and it was quite small. So hard to tell.

Thank you. What is below the Main Deck? I saw those rooms but was worried about being above the engine room......someone had written they had an I cabin and it was quite small. So hard to tell.

Have just finished the VoV cruise on Zuiderdam and had a large inside cabin on main deck (J 1049). We noticed a small amount of noise from BB Kings, but nothing to be concerned about. My husband and I found this cabin was a good size for us.

Edited by lorellec
Incorrect spelling

Guest debbiejohncruise
Have just finished the VoV cruise on Zuiderdam and had a large inside cabin on main deck (J 1049). We noticed a small amount of noise from BB Kings, but nothing to be concerned about. My husband and I found this cabin was a good size for us.

We have a hold on Inside room K10016 on observation deck. Anyone know the size of this one? The website only shows one style of room. :)

Edited by debbiejohncruise
link mistakenly attached.

We have a hold on Inside room K10016 on observation deck. Anyone know the size of this one? The website only shows one style of room. :)

Okay, here is a video of a close by cabin on Z-dams sister ship Oosterdam. Cabin 10024. Yours should look very similar BUT will not have the secret window. Looks to be smal but more spacious than many normal insides and the location is great. And this video is from folks on a JoCo cruise, a full charter for table top gamers and other types of gamers and folks into more geeky pursuits so the goody bags are from that. I can say "geeky" because I am one :D:p

Just be aware that should you run into any rough weather (or not so rough weather), you will be rocking and rolling in that location.

Debbie, ask the following cruiser, they commented on K10016 Zuiderdam

My husband and just spent 26 days in an inside cabin on the Observation Deck near the Crow's Nest. We were on the Zuiderdam but I understand the configuration is the same. We loved it and have booked the same cabin on the Noordam for a July Alaska cruise - 10016.

The room is large. There is no love seat but you have a table and extra chair plus the chair from the desk if you want to eat at the table. This actually opens up the room and several people that came to look at the room said it was "huge". Loved the convenience to an outside door at the end of a short corridor and the convenience to the Crows Nest, especially in the morning as I am an early riser.

Never heard any noise from the Crows Nest or elevators.

Hope that helps.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Hey Debbie, or John, haha

Where are you going on the Zuiderdam?

Greets Frans

We are going from Boston to Rotterdam and return (Voyage of the Vikings) 30 Jul 2019.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Just be aware that should you run into any rough weather (or not so rough weather), you will be rocking and rolling in that location.

That's the first thing I mentioned to my hubby! lol - Anyways we have made our booking with this room. One benefit to being up there is that it's a short walk to the Crow's Nest where we love to sit. Deb

Guest debbiejohncruise
Okay, here is a video of a close by cabin on Z-dams sister ship Oosterdam. Cabin 10024. Yours should look very similar BUT will not have the secret window. Looks to be smal but more spacious than many normal insides and the location is great. And this video is from folks on a JoCo cruise, a full charter for table top gamers and other types of gamers and folks into more geeky pursuits so the goody bags are from that. I can say "geeky" because I am one :D:p

Thanks so much! Yes that room will be fine for us. We usually book a balcony room but due to costs on this one will have to settle for an inside.

That's the first thing I mentioned to my hubby! lol - Anyways we have made our booking with this room. One benefit to being up there is that it's a short walk to the Crow's Nest where we love to sit. Deb

Hey hi! I changed our room from 1043 (large inside, Main deck) to 10021 (small inside WITH WINDOW, Observation deck) today!

Physics says that a forward space on deck 10 is going to move more than a mid-forward one on deck 1, but the reviews I've read suggest this size ship is so stable that it would take some SEVERE seas to be a problem. DH is susceptible and always brings patches, but (as I pointed out to him) he spends considerable time in the Crows Nest and never has a problem there.

Exploration Cafe is now within the Crows Nest. I predict many more lattes being drunk!

The largest inside cabins are on Navigation Deck, category I, cabins #8049, #8045,#8041 and #8037. Insides on Main Deck are smaller.

5*****Mariner, take it to the bank.

catalina56

Happy to hear that :D

Are they quiet ?

Guest debbiejohncruise
Hey hi! I changed our room from 1043 (large inside, Main deck) to 10021 (small inside WITH WINDOW, Observation deck) today!

Physics says that a forward space on deck 10 is going to move more than a mid-forward one on deck 1, but the reviews I've read suggest this size ship is so stable that it would take some SEVERE seas to be a problem. DH is susceptible and always brings patches, but (as I pointed out to him) he spends considerable time in the Crows Nest and never has a problem there.

Exploration Cafe is now within the Crows Nest. I predict many more lattes being drunk!

Thanks so much. Makes sense to me as well. Glad we are booked on the Observation Deck as well.