How To Post a Picture

sapper1

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how people post such lovely large photos on this board. Any time I have tried to post one it has come out as a little thumbnail. I would like to post some pictures of the Eurodam when it comes into Saint John on Thursday. Hoping it will be a nice day but am thinking we might be getting some of this hurricane that is currently down south. We usually get the tail end of them and it is not so pleasant.

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how people post such lovely large photos on this board. Any time I have tried to post one it has come out as a little thumbnail. I would like to post some pictures of the Eurodam when it comes into Saint John on Thursday. Hoping it will be a nice day but am thinking we might be getting some of this hurricane that is currently down south. We usually get the tail end of them and it is not so pleasant.

I'm in line to find out the answer to your question, sapper. All I've ever been able to post are the thumbnails, too! So, you're not alone here.

I'm in line to find out the answer to your question, sapper. All I've ever been able to post are the thumbnails, too! So, you're not alone here.

When I do it, I first post pictures onto a website like Webshots and then I insert a link to that photo and voila, there it is! There may be other ways?

When I do it, I first post pictures onto a website like Webshots and then I insert a link to that photo and voila, there it is! There may be other ways?

I was thinking more along the lines of having the picture show up in the post although the link is a good idea if you are posting a lot of pictures.

The way I post large photos in my replies is this:

First I upload the shots to webshots.com. (It's the one I use. I know other people swear by picasa.google.com and other photo-sharing sites.)

Then I go to the web site and navigate to the photo I want to share.

On webshots, on the right side are various choices for html code under 'link to this picture'. I mark the box for 600 pixels. Then I choose 'direct link to image' and copy the html code.

Then I open the reply box here on cruise critic. See the little envelope looking thing that is yellow with a mountain on it in the tabs across the top? I click on that and paste the html code in there. Then hit okay. Your photo should appear! If it doesn't appear in the preview, then you've done something incorrectly and should try again.

Good luck!

Robin (this is from a rocket shoot on the Bonneville Salt Flats earlier this month so I could give you the step-by-step)

2012873540095180459S600x600Q85.jpg

You have to have them at a web location, such as webshots or in your space supplied with your web account. Then, look above the typing area and you will see an icon that looks like a post card. Click on that, then enter the location of the image. It will then show up in your post -- like this

M001.jpg

M002.jpg

Most of the pictures that appear to be "in the post" are actually links to web sites like photobucket, webshots, or a personal web site like RevNeal's or richwmn's. However, you can upload pictures to cruisecritic and have them post larger than thumbnails if you keep the dimensions small enough. I think the limit is 620x280. This one stored at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56402&d=1189295237

is 578x280. BTW, if anybody is curious, it's the Noordam in Monaco.

attachment.php?attachmentid=56402&d=1189295237

I use photo bucket (it's free) - download your pic there (My Albums) - Open up the one you want to post - right click and go to "copy" - Go to CC - right click and go to "paste" - Give it a try or give me an e-mail if you need add'tl help!;)

TorrancePD-2004FordCrownVictoria3.jpg?t=1220219593

Just to add a little more that may help.....

Once I have saved what I want in My Pictures ,I go to Photobucket and upload it there.

Once uploaded it will give you several options for posting.

The one you want is the bottom one that has IMG with brackets[] around it ,

at the beginning and the end of the url.

I then just copy and paste that into the reply and then use preview post to make sure it has come out .

editing to add ....

CC has a test forum page if you want to try it out.There is one thread just devoted to testing photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

I am another one that uses Photobucket. It is quick and easy and I have stored lots of photos. Such as a picture of me with my 1st grade class :)

image001.jpg?t=1220222942

Of course we have to guess which one is you. I say bottom right. (viewer's right) :D

I was thinking more along the lines of having the picture show up in the post although the link is a good idea if you are posting a lot of pictures.
And that's what I, clearly ineloquently, meant:D [Now that we're sharing pictures in our youth!;) ]

2752780990086199872S600x600Q85.jpg

I am another one that uses Photobucket. It is quick and easy and I have stored lots of photos. Such as a picture of me with my 1st grade class :)

image001.jpg?t=1220222942

Hi Lovely Lady Lisa:

I'm also betting that you are the little sweetheart on the far right in the first row, but then again you could be the sweetheart with the heavy bangs, third from the left in the front row - no, scratch that, I will stick with my original thought.

Heck, you all look so darned cute, and thanks for sharing such a great photo.

Valerie:)

Of course we have to guess which one is you. I say bottom right. (viewer's right) :D

I'm with John...I'm going to guess first row, right side! Yes or no...dying to know here! I'm sure that's you, Lisa!

Hi Lovely Lady Lisa:

I'm also betting that you are the little sweetheart on the far right in the first row, but then again you could be the sweetheart with the heavy bangs, third from the left in the front row - no, scratch that, I will stick with my original thought.

Heck, you all look so darned cute, and thanks for sharing such a great photo.

Valerie:)

:D Yes that is me in the first row on the far right.

John this is the kind o picture I would love to put in a Caption of what you were thinking

I think I was thinking many things but it basically came down to this:

1. Man, those wooden shoes hurt

2. Where is the bathroom?

3. Thanks a lot, Mum & Dad:eek: