How late to disembark?

nyfeds

Denise -

As you know, Oceania requires guests to be out of their staterooms by 0800 and to vacate the ship by 0900. Just when one can actually debark though depends on several factors such as clearance, readiness of the port to handle passengers, etc.

Is there more to your qx'n that relates specifically to docking in Southhampton?

~ Linda

Thanks, Linda.

I realize that there are several factors that will determine when we can actually disembark, as you pointed out. Just wanted to get insight into how late we can stay on board and you have answered that question. We are booking air out of Southhampton into Amsterdam and I needed to determine a flight that will work for us, based upon disembarkation time. Thanks! :)

Denise

Thanks, Linda.

I realize that there are several factors that will determine when we can actually disembark, as you pointed out. Just wanted to get insight into how late we can stay on board and you have answered that question. We are booking air out of Southhampton into Amsterdam and I needed to determine a flight that will work for us, based upon disembarkation time. Thanks! :)

Denise

Give yourself plenty of time. Both the traffic and security are notorious in that part of the world.

Better to relax at the airport than “sweat it” in traffic or security line.

JMO.

Give yourself plenty of time. Both the traffic and security are notorious in that part of the world.

Better to relax at the airport than “sweat it” in traffic or security line.

JMO.

Absolutely. :)

We will be on Marina in April, docking in Southhampton at 8AM. How late are we able to disembark?

Thanks.

Denise

0800...for everyone they want to clear the ship by 0900. This includes continuing passengers for the next cruise, who also have to disembark too... Everyone means everyone and 0800 means just that

Just a word of caution if one is flying out of UK using FF free tickets rather than O tickets or regualar purchase. The UK airports will hit FF travelers to the USA in coach $160 and $320 pp in Business as a VAT tax on your ticket.

You have the right idea of flying out of Amsterdam not UK

0800...for everyone they want to clear the ship by 0900. This includes continuing passengers for the next cruise, who also have to disembark too... Everyone means everyone and 0800 means just that

Are you sure you mean that? Or is that just for certain ports?

When we docked at Civitavecchia in May (we were staying on for the next leg) we didn't have to leave the ship. I did say to our cabin stewardess that she didn't need to give our room priority so that she could lean the rooms for new passengers first, she wasn't concerned.

Mura

Just a word of caution if one is flying out of UK using FF free tickets rather than O tickets or regualar purchase. The UK airports will hit FF travelers to the USA in coach $160 and $320 pp in Business as a VAT tax on your ticket.

After our O cruise, we will be taking a river cruise, Amsterdam to Amsterdam. So, not a concern for us about this VAT tax (which is outrageous!). Good to give others (FFtix fliers) flying out of the UK to the US a heads up.

When we docked at Civitavecchia in May (we were staying on for the next leg) we didn't have to leave the ship. I did say to our cabin stewardess that she didn't need to give our room priority so that she could lean the rooms for new passengers first, she wasn't concerned.

Mura

Every time I have done a back to back I had to get off. Thats my experience Italy is, well Italy...enough said

Perhaps it was Italy. The only other B2B we did on Oceania was in very early days (2004?) where they did "encourage" us to leave the ship! They did by offering free tours since we were in a nowhere port in Costa Rica. I don't know if they would have tossed us off if we hadn't accepted the freebie ...

Mura

Mura

some places required the ship to be zeroed

On our B2B's in Dover we had to get off in Copenhagen we did not

In Miami & L.A we had to get off as well

Just depends on the Country

There is no VAT on airfares from the U.K.. there is ‘air passenger duty’, which is not a VAT tax.