Is this too prom-y

Beartiful dress. Thinking about the huge display of prom dresses at my local Macy’s, I don’t recall seeing anything even close to that. Wear and enjoy.

Thank you! I am so looking forward to wearing it on "gala night" on HAL Alaska cruise but I overthink everything and worry!

Husband, while fashionable in his own right, had no idea what I meant when I asked him:D

Thank you all for the kind and reassuring words!

I’m assuming you want to dress up and all and that will be fun for you.

I wanted to be sure you knew that formal nights aren’t really formal any more. You will likely be in the minority, which is fine because it is your vacation.

“Gala night attire per HAL:

"attire includes collared shirts and slacks for men in all fine dining restaurants, and dresses, skirts or slacks for women".

I’m assuming you want to dress up and all and that will be fun for you.

I wanted to be sure you knew that formal nights aren’t really formal any more. You will likely be in the minority, which is fine because it is your vacation.

“Gala night attire per HAL:

"attire includes collared shirts and slacks for men in all fine dining restaurants, and dresses, skirts or slacks for women".

Haha, yes I know that I will probably be one of the more formal individuals on board but I figure since my husband and I have the convience of driving to Port of Seattle and can bypass airline luggage fees, I can bring heavy formal gown. Plus I am a mechanic by day and never ever have chance to look elegant and nice :D:D

Haha, yes I know that I will probably be one of the more formal individuals on board but I figure since my husband and I have the convience of driving to Port of Seattle and can bypass airline luggage fees, I can bring heavy formal gown. Plus I am a mechanic by day and never ever have chance to look elegant and nice :D:D

It’s a beautiful dress— have fun!!

Most of the prom dresses I have seen lately have about 1/8 the fabric of that dress. :-0

It's lovely; wear it and enjoy your evening! That would also be a good night to get some photos taken.

All the more reason to wear such a beautiful dress. I think it is just the name throwing you off. Enjoy!