What Are My Chances for a Full Suite?

GRAYTech

Looking at the 2/2/19 15 Day Hawaii loop from LA and would like a full suite but none available at this late date.

What are the chances one (like an aft Vista) will be become available say when final payment is due? Is this a not chance thing or well, maybe and maybe there is a chance you will get it?

You never know, a lot of people book cruises when they are first released as the deposits are lower and refundable and the fares are usually pretty good. But when it comes time to final payment, some will change their minds for various reasons and you do see availability just before final payments are due. But don't bank on it, it could or could not happen.

...some will change their minds for various reasons and you do see availability just before final payments are due. But don't bank on it, it could or could not happen.

I'm torn. Do I book a balcony or a mini then watch and wait or book another line (which I'd rather not want to do) because they have full suites available.

Also don't want to sound like snob. A mini or balcony is great. This is just a once in lifetime cruise opportunity with my daughter and want to make it unforgettable.

I'm torn. Do I book a balcony or a mini then watch and wait or book another line (which I'd rather not want to do) because they have full suites available.

Also don't want to sound like snob. A mini or balcony is great. This is just a once in lifetime cruise opportunity with my daughter and want to make it unforgettable.

For me, I would pick the cruise line, not the stateroom. And my cruise line is Princess. I've stayed in every kind of stateroom, and the full-suite was a comp upgrade. I usually book a balcony and hope for an upsell to a mini. You should also consider the overall inventory to see if an upsell or upgrade is likely. For the Royal example, they have more mini's than say the Crown, Ruby or Emerald so I feel fairly confident that by booking a balcony I will get an upsell, and I did. However, if I really want a mini on the other ships and the price is right I will book it.

I would suggest you select a Club Class mini suite and work with your T.A. to get a full suite.

I would also suggest looking into the same voyage sailing Feb. 24th.

No! That's my sail date, I want the suite! Haha!

No one can answer your question except maybe Princess, and even they will be guessing. I'm sure they have some history of how many suites open up after booking. They won't share that information.

You really don't want to know "what are the chances?" You want to know "Will I get a suite?" No one knows. If your desire is to take the cruise no matter what, pick a cabin where you'll be happy and hope you can move up. Alternatively, find a date that has your suite open.

...You really don't want to know "what are the chances?" You want to know "Will I get a suite?"

Yes you are right. However I'm at the I can get a full suite on another line today for a similar cruise but prefer Princess. So if it's "NFW" I will book elsewhere, if it's yeah it happens all the time I would book the mini and hope.

Just wanting this to be a cruise my daughter will never forget.

Just a thought ... typically a suite is double the price of a mini-suite. Why not book two adjacent mini-suites and give your daughter the luxury of having her own cabin. Usually the balcony dividers can be opened giving easy access between the two cabins.

I don't know the percentage, but yes it happens. I prefer Princess and would take a mini or balcony over another line unless that line had a better itinerary. There are plenty of ways to make cruise special - spa treatments, specialty dinning, special excursions etc.

It sounds like staying in a suite is the #1 priority and if it was us, we probably would book on another line, if it's one we think we would like to spend some time on.

What's the main reason you are wanting a suite over the other rooms, is it just the size, the perks? We stay in them and know why we like them.

They tend to get booked first and seems like the longer the cruise, the further in advance they get booked first. We have jumped around before boarding and changed rooms three times in about 45 days after final payment. We booked an uncovered mini, and then a fully covered mini popped up. Then a full suite, uncovered and then about two weeks before sailing, a fully covered balcony suite became available. So it's possible, and I checked Princess several times a day for room openings is how we got all of these. I would rely on our travel agent to watch it that closely.

If you go that route and see a room available on Princess, book it with a hold until you can get it worked out with a TA or princess. Ours became available on Christmas Day, and we reserved it, and settled it up the next day when our TA returned to work.

Just a thought ... typically a suite is double the price of a mini-suite. Why not book two adjacent mini-suites and give your daughter the luxury of having her own cabin. Usually the balcony dividers can be opened giving easy access between the two cabins.

great idea...

If you're not set on that date, the Grand leaves San Francisco on 27 Jan and she has full suites available. You could still, then, watch for the opportunity and switch ships if one comes available on the Emerald.

What's the main reason you are wanting a suite over the other rooms, is it just the size, the perks? We stay in them and know why we like them.

We got an upsell from a mini to a Vista Suite on the Crown years ago and loved it.

Spend a lot of the time on the large aft facing balcony with full loungers

Sabatinis breakfast is not to be missed

MDR Room service for lunch on the balcony

Extra cabin space is nice but not needed for just two of us

Priority tendering is also nice but again not a necessity

Everything else either doesn't mean much to us (like the embarkation lounge) or can be purchased while aboard.

A covered balcony is a must for us. With no Vista suites available on the Emerald for the Feb Hawaii loop we looked at mini E730 and aft balcony B753. Both covered balconies. E730 may have noise issues from Club Fusion and B753 is partially obstructed. Neither have the full loungers and E730 is on the side with sort-of a view of the aft.

So a Vista isn't a must for us but would like a nice balcony with a lounger or two on it. One of the Baha or Caribe corner balcony cabins would be good but also not available.

The last three times we booked a Category ME (lowest category) mini suite, Emerald in 2013, Crown in 2015, and Pacific in 2016, we were offered an upsell to a full suite after final payment. Took up the offer on the 11 and 12 day cruises but passed on the 4 day cruise. Who knows what the chances are these days [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Book the mini suite, pronto😊 This is such a great cruise. Don't miss it! I have done the Hawaii cruise six times, and I have another one booked. Go for it regardless, and hope the full suite opens up. I think there is a good chance. On each of my past two Hawaii cruises, I have been offered a full suite as an upsell, very late before sailing, and at a great price. An aft Vista suite😊Aloha😊

You were asking about a different cruise line to Hawaii if you could not get a suite. Something to consider: Princess has Hawaii ambassadors during the two week voyage. I prefer out of LA because the duo ELUA is on board (their new assignment is not yet posted). There is another couple on board out of San Francisco.