Complimentary internet for Elite members

stardelight

Captain's Circle benefits:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

The list of benefits is cumulative, so read through the items for Gold, Ruby, and Platinum all of which apply to Elite as well.

Complimentary Internet Credit

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

...but if you are sailing on Regal Princess you may get the Unlimited Medallion Net for no charge, until they get that system straightened out.

I thought Princess stopped offering free internet for elite members.

They stopped offering unlimited internet as a Captains Circle benefit a long time ago. I became Platinum in 2009 and the benefit for Platinum and up at that time was the same as the current one above. Complimentary unlimited internet for full suite passengers remained until around 2011 or 2012 I believe.

Just off the CB - got the free internet time. What I like is the option to purchase additional time (only at initial log-in) -- 200 minutes for $40. I consider that a bargain. I think I had about 20 minutes left of the total at the end of the cruise. This makes it sound like I'm always online, but not really - keep up with family and sync my Fitbit. Because the internet is slow, it just takes longer to do stuff!

If the free Elite wifi minutes aren't enough you probably should have stayed home. Just saying.

A little judgmental? Just saying.

Some people have obligations to keep up with and are still allowed to vacation once in a while.

If the free Elite wifi minutes aren't enough you probably should have stayed home. Just saying.

That's really not very polite.

just saying -

not that writing "just saying" changes a rude post to an acceptable one...…………...

Was just wanting to know if elite members still get complimentary internet as last time we sailed with Princess we did.But have not sailed with them in a while.Thanks Bill

Yes. When you log on the first time there will be a zero dollar option for platinum & elites. Select that option. Remember it is per person so if you and your spouse both are platinum or higher you both get the benefit.

I thought Princess stopped offering free internet for elite members.

No, as an elite we still get the allotted minutes per days of cruise. Since we only book 10 days or longer, we get 250 minutes each. It's a nice perk and I think as an elite member it's the best perk by far.

No, as an elite we still get the allotted minutes per days of cruise. Since we only book 10 days or longer, we get 250 minutes each. It's a nice perk and I think as an elite member it's the best perk by far.

It is a good perk however on long cruises (we take a 14-21 day cruise every year the free laundry is really the best thing ever.

• Like 1

agreed, as Platinum level, that works for us also..but even the 150 minutes each for 7 day cruises usually covers our needs...

The Regal has complimentary internet on one device for platinum and elite. I don’t know if the other ships have been equipped yet but that was the direction they were headed in the Spring. Other threads have more info. It is also high speed. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Regal has complimentary internet on one device for platinum and elite. I don’t know if the other ships have been equipped yet but that was the direction they were headed in the Spring. Other threads have more info. It is also high speed. Mike

The other two ships that are selling unlimited internet plans (Coral and Grand) only give the set amount mentioned above as the Captains Circle benefit. The only reason Regal is giving Platinum and Elite members the unlimited plan as a benefit is because of the failure to complete the Ocean Medallion launch.

The high speed technology is in place on the other ships that were initially announced as part of the Ocean Medallion program (Caribbean, Island, Golden, I believe Royal and possibly others as well) but none of those have begun to offer the unlimited plans either for purchase or as a Circle benefit. The "Medallion Net" rollout has devolved from simply an unmitigated failure on one ship to extremely stinky-fishy as to why no revised timetable for the rest of the fleet has even been speculatively hinted at.

The other two ships that are selling unlimited internet plans (Coral and Grand) only give the set amount mentioned above as the Captains Circle benefit. The only reason Regal is giving Platinum and Elite members the unlimited plan as a benefit is because of the failure to complete the Ocean Medallion launch.

It's interesting that the offering of unlimited packages seems to have nothing to do with

which ships have new hardware.

On the other hand, crew has been using megabyte-based plans for several years.

I use the vessel's internet a lot, keeping in touch with family and friends back home via F.B. regarding our day to day shore adventures with pictures. I also need to keep abreast of business matters as well as checking out the local news from time to time. (We rarely book a cruise for less than three weeks). Depending upon the length of the cruise we receive so many minutes of internet time for free p.p. Let's say 500 minutes for a particular cruise, then I use my wife's free as well making it 1000. However, only at the beginning of the cruise, they also allow us to buy some more at a very low rate, say another 400. Making a total of 1800 minutes. On our last four Princess cruises I haven't even been able to use it all. Now, let us say we happen to be on a B 2 B. Say a two weeker. It doesn't make any difference if we booked the cruise as one cruise or a B 2 B, since at the beginning of the second segment we receive the free all over again plus the opportunity to buy some more very cheap, the first day out only. Another nice thing they do, is if at the end of the first segment I got a surplus of minutes, they don't wipe that out but carry it over on my internet account for the second segment.

Was just wanting to know if elite members still get complimentary internet as last time we sailed with Princess we did.But have not sailed with them in a while.Thanks Bill

Yes, minutes vary by ship apparently. Ships that have the Medallion setup give unlimited minutes, but ships that haven't started that yet are still on the limited minute plans.

Yes, minutes vary by ship apparently. Ships that have the Medallion setup give unlimited minutes, but ships that haven't started that yet are still on the limited minute plans.

Do you know what the Diamond Princess is considered?

Do you know what the Diamond Princess is considered?

Diamond Princess is not a Medallion ship.