Do Princess ships still give coupons for Diamonds International?

ChrisB123

In the past, I loved giving my girls the freeby offered up at Diamonds International with a coupon from the ship. Do they still do this? We go to Hawaii on the Star in October and was wondering if they are still giving these coupons or something like it.

There is a shopping book, not sure what the official title is. I didn't get one, but my sister in law did so I was able to look through it.

The one I saw covered the Caribbean. $25 per book and loaded with coupons for free this and that along with discounts and bonuses with purchase of the book.

When you buy the book, there is a coupon for a "free" necklace which was really very nice.

My sister in law felt that she got her money's worth with the coupons for free stuff along with the free necklace.

I haven't seen the coupons they used to pass out for free stuff at Diamonds I in awhile. I have seen promotions for a free something with purchase.

In the past, I loved giving my girls the freeby offered up at Diamonds International with a coupon from the ship. Do they still do this? We go to Hawaii on the Star in October and was wondering if they are still giving these coupons or something like it.

Looked up D.I. web site, locations. No D.I. stores shown in Hawaii or in Ensenada.

DIL took her Diamonds International punch card into shop on one of our stops and they had never seen one before. Just go into store and ask for the charm. DW wanted two for two granddaughters and they gave her four - two different charms.

DIL took her Diamonds International punch card into shop on one of our stops and they had never seen one before. Just go into store and ask for the charm. DW wanted two for two granddaughters and they gave her four - two different charms.

Geez, I just threw a bunch out

Funny thing is that at our last flea market sale we were trying to give away a DI bracelet loaded with as many charms as people wanted.

We didn't have a single taker.

They'll soon all go in the garbage. :D

(y)

I would highly recommend that anyone planning to purchase something from DI or other cruiseline promoted retailers, you may want to search on these threads or look at on line reviews before your port day . It sometimes pays for buyers to be aware...JMHO.

I would highly recommend that anyone planning to purchase something from DI or other cruiseline promoted retailers, you may want to search on these threads or look at on line reviews before your port day . It sometimes pays for buyers to be aware...JMHO.
DI is based in New York City. The Better Business Bureau"s website is quite the eye-opener.

Oh, I have NO desire to actually buy from DI. It used to be that ad's would come out in the Patters everyday saying that at our next port, you could get a free charm bracelet. As we usually have at least 3 ports, it worked out great. I have 2 daughters and a daughter - in - law. ha ha ha

Oh, I have NO desire to actually buy from DI. It used to be that ad's would come out in the Patters everyday saying that at our next port, you could get a free charm bracelet. As we usually have at least 3 ports, it worked out great. I have 2 daughters and a daughter - in - law. ha ha ha

Those “bracelets “ are junk. Dollar store quality— don’t insult your daughters by giving them those

Those “bracelets “ are junk. Dollar store quality— don’t insult your daughters by giving them those

Some of the ones we had were very tarnished so I decided to clean them in a mild solution of muriatic acid. I left the first batch a little long & they disappeared. ;p

DH and I used to stand on deck when entering port and have a bet. Whoever was first to spot the DI store, got bought the cocktail of the day by the other. Nearly always me who got the drink. Only ever been in one store. Tried rings on, no intention of buying, much too trashy. What was the other one called, Tanzanite International! Is that still going as well.

IMO, the jewelry quality has been declining over the years. Back when, you could cruise to the Caribbean, get excellent quality jewelry for an excellent price. I remember people just cruised to the different ports, purchase the allowed duty free amount and went home. The big thing back when were the diamond tennis bracelets, which could be had for under a hundred bucks. Now with the explosion of the industry, I guess they see suckers by the thousands. Purchase from me, get the best quality and price....then go home and the piece(s) fall apart and you have no recourse for your money back. In St Thomas, my DH saw a nice gold twist necklace for me, bought it and a couple of months later it broke, about an inch from the clasp. Inside under the gold was a metal, not even silver, looked like the piece was spay painted gold. I was able to have it soldered to repair it, but no longer wear it. Then another shop had a ring, identical to one I purchased at home, this ring there $49.95....home $12.95, and if something happens to it, I can just go to my local mall and return it. As sparkly and shiny the jewelry is.....walk away and purchase from home.

There are rumors that Diamond International is actually owned by a cruise line. I found it awful that they are now in some of the ports in Alaska.

From a business web site: https://businessviewcaribbean.com/diamonds-international/

Diamonds International is a privately-owned, international jewelry manufacturer and retailer. It was founded by Morris and Albert Gad, the children of David Gad, an Israeli immigrant to the U.S., who had built a successful diamond trade business some years before. The two brothers, and partners, Wendy and Abe Tarapani, began their company as a wholesaler to jewelers in the Caribbean. They opened their first store on St. Thomas, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, in 1987.

Over the next several years, the company expanded all across the Caribbean and as far as Skagway, Alaska. Today, Diamonds International has over 3,500 employees at 130 stores throughout the Caribbean, Mexico, and the United States under its corporate label, which also includes Tanzanite International, DI Watch & Design, and Tequileria International. The company sells diamonds, tanzanite, high-end watches, semi-precious stones, and fine jewelry of all kinds: rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants, and accessories. It bills itself as “the largest duty-free jeweler in the world.”

Guy Regev is the Managing Director of Diamonds International in Jamaica, one of four outlets on the island. Regev’s first two stores opened in 2011 at the newly renovated Royal Caribbean cruise port facility and during 2012 and 2014 he opened 2 more outlets in Ocho Rios. He explains the Diamonds International business model: “The concept behind the company in Jamaica, and in general, is we put our stores in the cruise ship ports where all the big cruise lines are docking. When the passengers disembark they come into our stores. We do business with hotels, and sometimes with locals, but the idea behind the company, and 99 percent of our business, is coming from the cruise ships. We are always the number one recommendation for diamonds and jewelry on all of the cruise lines. ”

Regev also touts Diamonds International’s other advantages with regard to the competition: “We are always the biggest, as far as square footage. We always have the best locations within the ports and the most beautiful stores. We have the best brands, the biggest variety of diamonds and jewelry, and we carry the biggest and most famous watch brands. And if somebody asks me to buy a loose diamond, I can show him over 350 options. The magnitude of the business is crazy.”

Diamonds International is also one of only about 87 worldwide “Sightholders” of the De Beers Group, which sources and sells 35 percent of the world’s diamonds. “When you’re a Sightholder,” says Regev, “you have the opportunity of buying your diamonds straight from De Beers. This is a huge benefit because when you buy straight from the source, there are no middlemen.” In order to become a Sightholder, which is really a preferred customer, a company must commit to buying a certain amount of diamonds every year and obey certain other policies and guidelines set forth by De Beers, including the implementation of best business, social, and environmental practices. In addition, Diamonds International must abide by the Clean Diamond Trade Act, and be in compliance with all laws and regulations that ensure that its diamonds are 100 percent conflict free.

According to Regev, Diamonds International’s plan for the foreseeable future is simply to open more stores under its corporate label, whenever a good opportunity arises. Regev believes Jamaica to be an island steeped in potential for growth and he hopes to expand on the island soon.

David Gad’s children, Morris and Albert, the founders of Diamonds International, have fulfilled their father’s legacy by building a thriving jewelry empire that he helped enable with his seed money, connections, and guidance. And perhaps most important was his inspiring directive to them: “Believe,” he said. “Only you can hold yourself back.”

Does Princess own or partly Diamonds INT?

Does Princess own or partly Diamonds INT?

No---but they probably get a percentage of something for promoting them. Nor does Princess own any part of the spa, salon, art gallery, Curtis Stone or other brand named venues on the ships. They receive rent and a percentage of the sales