Princess give OBC for Military and STOCKHOLDERS of Carnival stock

Cruz-OR

I'm interested to know also.

My wife and I are both entitled to the Military Credits. Hers always apply automatically and I have to always chase it up to get it put on there. They have played with my account multiple times but still can't seem to get it sorted automatically.

That is odd. It must be possible to have both family members eligible for the benefit as my wife and I are both retired military and ours gets credited just like clockwork every time. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that, should I!! :confused::confused:

Thanks for your service as well as everybody else here who is prior service.

Tom

• 1 month later...

I am Aussie so treat this for what you will as it may be different in your part of the world.

I contacted my Cruise Coordinator by phone to check on some 'thing' related to my cruise.

When I mentioned my previously recognised Military Service she looked up my file history and 'linked it' so I shall never have to re-apply for the recognition again. It is 'attached' to any booking I make.

We are cruising next week, with my Military OBC ($250), our Future Cruise Deposit ($150 each) and a special offer from Princess ($100 each) we will enjoy $750 OBC.

As my drill Seargent said - never volunteer any information, however in this case I disagree. Volunteer your Service details and get some benefits back.

Thank you Princess and thank you all other Military Vets for your service.

• 3 months later...
I am Aussie so treat this for what you will as it may be different in your part of the world.

I contacted my Cruise Coordinator by phone to check on some 'thing' related to my cruise.

When I mentioned my previously recognised Military Service she looked up my file history and 'linked it' so I shall never have to re-apply for the recognition again. It is 'attached' to any booking I make.

We are cruising next week, with my Military OBC ($250), our Future Cruise Deposit ($150 each) and a special offer from Princess ($100 each) we will enjoy $750 OBC.

As my drill Seargent said - never volunteer any information, however in this case I disagree. Volunteer your Service details and get some benefits back.

Thank you Princess and thank you all other Military Vets for your service.

Hi there

Just be a bit cautious & check that it gets applied to your next cruise. As with some of the others posting on this forum my husbands Military benefit is never automatically applied. We reapply every cruise & they assure us we won't have to do it again. Guess what next cruise nothing !!!!!

Good luck

Dianne

Hi there

Just be a bit cautious & check that it gets applied to your next cruise. As with some of the others posting on this forum my husbands Military benefit is never automatically applied. We reapply every cruise & they assure us we won't have to do it again. Guess what next cruise nothing !!!!!

Good luck

Dianne

The reason you have to "reapply every cruise" may be that you use a travel agent. If you are using a TA and he/she does not put in your Captain's Circle number then that is the reason you have to reapply. Your military benfit is linked to that number so it will not be there automatically if the TA doesn't link your number to your reservation. I don't know if scheduling cruises with Princess Australia works the same as Princess US for that feature or not, but you might check that. Of course, if you are scheduling your cruise on-line directly with Princess, I'd guess that's not the problem, but I thought I'd mention this anyway.

Tom

The reason you have to "reapply every cruise" may be that you use a travel agent. If you are using a TA and he/she does not put in your Captain's Circle number then that is the reason you have to reapply. Your military benfit is linked to that number so it will not be there automatically if the TA doesn't link your number to your reservation. I don't know if scheduling cruises with Princess Australia works the same as Princess US for that feature or not, but you might check that. Of course, if you are scheduling your cruise on-line directly with Princess, I'd guess that's not the problem, but I thought I'd mention this anyway.

Tom

Thanks Tom I will definitely check that out next time we book. I had thought that it was being connected as out OBC from our Future cruise deposits go on automatically.

Many thanks for the advise

Dianne

• 4 months later...
Does the military credit apply to the regular Carnival ships? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to get signed up? Off to google...

I don't believe so. My research on military OBC showed that the only cruise lines that offer onboard military credit for veterans are Princess and Cunard. Some other lines, such as Holland-America may offer some price reductions on some cruises to veterans or current active duty military personnel but nobody but the two lines I just mentioned offer on-board credit.

Tom

• Like 1

I don't believe so. My research on military OBC showed that the only cruise lines that offer onboard military credit for veterans are Princess and Cunard. Some other lines, such as Holland-America may offer some price reductions on some cruises to veterans or current active duty military personnel but nobody but the two lines I just mentioned offer on-board credit.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! Will have to look into those for the next one!

FYI, If you're a National Guardsman like me whose only activations have been Title 32, the SCRA website might not show you as having any active duty time. I called Princess, and told them the situation, and they made a note on my file to have a supervisor verify when I sent in documentation. I sent a copy of my current orders, most recent LES, and a copy of my ID. OBC showed up on my booking today.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
One of the best things about Princess! On our Hawaii cruise in April I had $550 OBC total - $50 booking promotion, $250 shareholder and $250 military. Its also per military member. My parents are both prior military as are my sister and her husband, and they got $250 each, not per cabin.

My wife and I are both veterans and also shareholders. Total of $750 on our last cruise, plus other OBC brought us to a total of $810 total OBC. Princess is great about combining ALL OBC!

The shareholder perk is great because it applies to ALL Carnival Corporation's cruise lines.

Edited by 1980dory
spelling correction
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I always receive mine when booking. I never have to request the military OBC. However for the stock holder OBC yes. You need to request it. I usually get it credited in a few days. Even though the parent company is Carnival. Only sailing on the Princess will get you the military OBC. Other lines sometimes offer military discounts. I purchased Royal stock and promptly sold it when I found it it was worth having and it was double the cost of Carnivals stock.

• 1 month later...

Posting for reference as I didn't see it specifically mentioned earlier in the thread.  The Princess "Military Personnel Benefit
Onboard Credit Program" is tiered based on the length of your cruise:

Voyage Length --> OBC amount per qualified passenger
6 days or less --> $50
7–13 days --> $100
14 days or longer --> $250

And the link to the form currently available on the web: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, CruiseDigits said:

Posting for reference as I didn't see it specifically mentioned earlier in the thread.  The Princess "Military Personnel Benefit
Onboard Credit Program" is tiered based on the length of your cruise:

Voyage Length --> OBC amount per qualified passenger
6 days or less --> $50
7–13 days --> $100
14 days or longer --> $250

And the link to the form currently available on the web: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

For Australia and New Zealand us the same form, for the same benefits.  Submit via you Travel Agent or the Princess office in Aust or NZ. 

Edited by straitman
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...

We just were told my husband’s military benefits had expired. For years it  was automatically applied when we booked a cruise. We booked a cruise on the Black Friday sale & it didn’t show up in our account. Finally today after calling Princess several days a week for a month, we got to guest services & told to submit paper work, told her we did years ago & then we were told it expired. I haven’t found anything in writing that indicates it expires after 10 years, she was kind enough to extend it for 10 more years & the SBC a now shows in our account. I understand that I have to submit my shareholder statement for each cruise but MB makes no sense.

Another strange event, I usually don’t submit shareholder statement until after we make final payment for the cruise, but I was submitting for a cruise in March so figured I would include paper work for August cruise, both were posted to our account within 3 days of submitting the email. You figure.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, cadberry said:

should we summit the form again?

I would -- for Princess, I got word back in less than a week - but bring proof of that on your cruise, I got onboard and had to show them copies of emails from Princess saying I was in the program.

let everyone know what cruise line so you can get specific help.

Edited by SpaceCowboy9
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

After going round and round with Princess for a cruise in October, 2023, I was told that effective 09/12/2023, the Military Benefit and Shareholder Benefit would no longer be combinable. Does anyone have any additional information on this. I am not pleased with this change.

3 hours ago, milleyb said:

After going round and round with Princess for a cruise in October, 2023, I was told that effective 09/12/2023, the Military Benefit and Shareholder Benefit would no longer be combinable. Does anyone have any additional information on this. I am not pleased with this change.

This is true.  One person cannot have both military and shareholder OBC. My hubby has both so now i will have to get stock in my name.  Pain in the backside.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We have mainly sailed with Princess because of their generous military OBC. My husband and I are both veterans and we purchased stock when it was really expensive (but who knew COVID would hit and cause stock prices to tank) so we can’t sell it. Now that we can’t stack OBC, I have incentive to book with other cruise lines I always wanted to try. I know HAL now has a military benefit. Does anyone know of other military/shareholders offers that are attractive? We own 100 shares with both CCL and RCCL, which we bought specifically to get OBC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 10:21 PM, coopco said:

We have mainly sailed with Princess because of their generous military OBC. My husband and I are both veterans and we purchased stock when it was really expensive (but who knew COVID would hit and cause stock prices to tank) so we can’t sell it. Now that we can’t stack OBC, I have incentive to book with other cruise lines I always wanted to try. I know HAL now has a military benefit. Does anyone know of other military/shareholders offers that are attractive? We own 100 shares with both CCL and RCCL, which we bought specifically to get OBC.

We have stock in NCL and get OBC with them, NCL also is giving a 10% discount for military (wife is a veteran and I am retired) I saw this thread and according to Princess (website) military is combinable with other offers.

Military personnel benefit onboard credit program (princess.com)

Edited by mtnhiker
spelling errors

6 hours ago, mtnhiker said:

We have stock in NCL and get OBC with them, NCL also is giving a 10% discount for military (wife is a veteran and I am retired) I saw this thread and according to Princess (website) military is combinable with other offers.

Military personnel benefit onboard credit program (princess.com)

Princess just changed the benefit as of June 2023 I believe. It's effective mid-September of this year. The form you reference is from 2020. We used to get military OBC for both myself (veteran) and my husband (retired). So we both got military OBC. Then I would get stockholders credit on top of that. But now, my husband can get military and I have to choose between military or stockholders. I can no longer get both. My understanding is the CEO of Princess 3 CEOs ago was ex-military and implemented the military OBC but since the current CEO is not as military friendly (certainly not a veteran), the benefit has eroded. I appreciate what I received in the past but now am looking at other cruise lines since Princess no longer has an advantage in military benefits. We will be trying out HAL in the future since their benefits now match Princess.

Thanks for pointing out NCL has military benefits as well. I'll check it out. Appreciate the tip.