Three in a Room

UrgeToSubmerge

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I have searched every way possible for suggestions and decided to just ask y’all. Surely I’m not the only one that has come across this issue.

There are 3 of us, Ladies, 60 yrs of age but not OLD, no handicaps, just want to take a cruise together.

I have cruised 9 times in my life and my friends never have. Deal breaker for me will be no balcony, got to have it! However, a week in a balcony stateroom sounds very tight and all three of us agree that we really need an additional bathroom/toilet.

I have searched for adjoining rooms but because we are only three, that single occupancy room makes it unaffordable. We all still work and money is a factor.

We considered asking a fourth person but we are best friends from high school and then we get into that fifth wheel vibe.

Also considered upgrading to a suite or a family suite....... are any of these actually affordable? I have found several suites with two bathrooms but only one has a toilet.... Duh

Any suggestions/solutions come to mind? Am I crazy or does this exist?

Thanx in advance for any help you can give me!

Nancy

I stayed in a balcony cabin on Carnival Valor with three of us (48, 51, 52 YO at the time, 2013). Sis and I had the beds, her BFF used the sofa bed. Would have been nice to have a little more room, but we did OK. We're not big primpers (my sis doesn;t wear makeup except on special occasions and her BFF nor I wear a whole lot), so that helped. One person can always use the showers in the fitness area to speed things up.

We are cruising again this June to Alaska. This time we are on HAL Noordam, and we splurged for the Signature Suite. Their regular balcony/veranda room is a little smaller than the Carnival one we had, plus I got us a decent deal. I think we will have plenty of room this time!

EDIT: another option would be to get a balcony room and an inside across the hall.Paying the single supplement on the inside might still be cheaper than the suite. You can rotate beds if you want or all sleep in the balcony room if no one wants to sleep alone as long as you get one w/ the sleeper sofa.

It's tough if there are 3...the cabins cost double the "per person" price. If everyone is agreeable to splitting the cost of 2 cabins equally, or if one wouldn't mind paying for a single cabin (and that would be me!), then get 2 cabins! One bath for 3 women, especially if you're not just out of college (lol!), is a pain.

We did an inside cabin with 5 of us for our first cruise. I think 3 ladies in one balcony cABIN is doable. If you find that the three of you are needing to shower longer then really necessary I suggest taking the showers in the gym / spa area.

• 4 weeks later...

A deluxe ocean view with Carnival has two bathrooms and is pretty roomy. Or get a balcony room on the spa deck. It’s our favorite type of cabin! There are huge walk-in marble showers with multiple jets in the spa. With it being so close by it’s easy to just take a quick shower in there. They have huge lighted mirrors, lots of counter space, lots of outlets for curling irons etc, there’s fresh towels and hair dryers. This would make getting ready for formal nights much easier. I like the showers in the spa so much I prefer them over the cabin shower.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm very intrigued with using a spa shower. Is it like a locker room or gym style shower where everyone showers together out in the open, or are there private 'stalls'? I've never looked inside the spa on any cruise ships before.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm very intrigued with using a spa shower. Is it like a locker room or gym style shower where everyone showers together out in the open, or are there private 'stalls'? I've never looked inside the spa on any cruise ships before.

stalls are private. Not communal THe have a curtain Not a door.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32055396&postcount=9

I normally book Studio cabins on NCL but I always get a Spa pass. I always use the showers in the Spa. They're so much nicer! Maybe book a Spa balcony that way you get spa access and are near the spa. Could use their facilities for sure.

We stayed 3 in a room and had no issues at all! It was my mother (62 at the time), My best friend (45 at the time) and my self (42 at the time). We had the main bed set up as twins and then there was a pull down bed. So we set it up like bunk beds and the other bed along the wall, this gave us a lot more floor space!

We don't really spend a lot of time in the room (this was an interior:eek:), but it really was no problem at all! I was worried prior but all worked out just fine! There was plenty of storage, we unpacked and put suitcases under the bed, we also brought on over the door shoe hanger to hold all our products, we each got two rows!

I hope you have a great time!