Bora Bora Overwater Bungalow?

ithaca gal

We are sailing to Tahiti next year and all I really wanted to do was spend a night in one of the overwater bungalows in Bora Bora. I knew it was going to be pricey but it is a once in a lifetime, bucket list experience. I was stunned, however, to see that it is offered as an excursion by HAL for the "bargain basement price" of $1,299 PER PERSON (sarcasm intended).

Has anyone done this independently? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing to Tahiti next year and all I really wanted to do was spend a night in one of the overwater bungalows in Bora Bora. I knew it was going to be pricey but it is a once in a lifetime, bucket list experience. I was stunned, however, to see that it is offered as an excursion by HAL for the "bargain basement price" of $1,299 PER PERSON (sarcasm intended).

Has anyone done this independently? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed in Moorea for a week a few years ago. We decided to book the over-water bungalow at The Hilton for at least one night and when we got there switched for the week. I don't know when you are going but that can determine the rate too. We will be on the re-positioning of The Solstice (Celebrity) in April and I just decided to get off the ship in Papeete...take the ferry to Moorea...book the over water bungalow at the Hilton...and pick up the ship when it gets to Moorea the next day. Hilton special rate for Honors was about 650.. Hope this gives you some info.

Thank you for responding.

I’m hoping to find out if there is an overwater bungalow hotel that we can easily get to from the ship and back. As lovely as Bora Bora is, I don’t want to get left behind!

Make certain to book taxis to and from. Or have the hotel arrange it.

K

We stayed in Moorea for a week a few years ago. We decided to book the over-water bungalow at The Hilton for at least one night and when we got there switched for the week. I don't know when you are going but that can determine the rate too. We will be on the re-positioning of The Solstice (Celebrity) in April and I just decided to get off the ship in Papeete...take the ferry to Moorea...book the over water bungalow at the Hilton...and pick up the ship when it gets to Moorea the next day. Hilton special rate for Honors was about 650.. Hope this gives you some info.

I just looked today to book an over water bungalow at the Hilton in Moorea for 2 nights pre-cruise February 2019 - They just started booking for the beginning of February and I thought if I hit it when it opened it would be reasonably priced - no such luck, the price is $1800 for 2 nights! I was able to book Le Meridien in Papeete for that same time & it was definitely better priced - $1200 for 2 nights. Will we be disappointed staying in Papeete? Would it be worth it to go over to Moorea for 1 night then return to Papeete for the other night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums