Reliable Evening Papeete Cruise Terminal to Airport Transfer

eurolady

We are on a HAL ship docking at 8PM on a Saturday evening in Oct. We would like to take a flight out at 11:30PM on Hawaiian Airlines. We are looking for advice on a reliable taxi/transfer service that would pick us up and take us to the airport. Is there anyone out there with some experience with this and a recommendation? ....much appreciated.

We have sailed on the Paul Gauguin 5 times. For $15 they offer to arrange a taxi for you. We arranged one privately to save the $15 and the driver never showed up. It was a little frustrating and nerve wracking to say the least. Right across the street from the dock is a taxi stand. IMHO I would arrange for the taxi with the ship to save any angst. If time was not a factor I would simply grab a taxi off the street.

People on this board had recommended Carl's Taxi. I believe it is not really a company but an individual. I had emailed him and confirmed with him 3 times and all was set. He never showed up and when I was home I emailed him to find out what happened and he never responded. Not sure what HAL charges to set this up. IMHO it is silly that for all the cost of the cruise the Paul Gauguin charges $15 simply to make sure a taxi is present. You then pay the standard fare for the taxi. That being said, I would pay the $15 to be safe. If time were not an issue I would be happy to get a taxi myself, as we did this past July.