Premium rooms up front- opinions

JustDandy

Because of the shape of the bow, sometimes larger rooms are there. Not everyone is bothered by the motion, and in reality, if it's that rough, you're going to feel it everywhere. I think cabin location isn't that important, since you are all OVER the ship for the greater part of the day and evening.

Why are premium rooms in the front? I hear that the most wave motion is felt in the front.

New to cruising, your opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the very front, the view is spectacular, just like what the Captain is seeing from the Bridge.

We absolutely love that on any cruise, but especially on scenic routes like Alaska.

Also, on some ships, there are also some inside cabins right up near the front.

And on other ships, the very top suites are at the very back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The forward facing rooms over an excellent view, as previously mentioned. Sometimes these cabins are categorized as obstructed balconies as the balcony wall is the hull of the ship and not "see through". This category is usually less expensive. Personally, I love the rocking at night....sleep like a baby in a cradle. The one thing I can recommend is bring a bungee cord or something to tie up the empty hangers in the closet. Movement may not bother you...but the clanking of the hangers might. (bathrobe ties work in a pinch)

• 11 months later...
So glad to read this information. We've just booked a grand scenic ocean view and was worried about the motion. We are so excited about the view!

did you book 9200? We booked that once it was an awesome cabin. You can not have the "curtains" opened at night. what we did was got ready for bed and turned out the lights and then opened the curtains. Its so impressive to see the night sky. (its pitch black out there) but remember to turn the curtains closed before morning because when that sun first comes up its super bright.