First time bringing bfs daughter. Couple of ?s

Rainbowfalls

We will be bringing my bfs wth yo with us on our next cruise. She live in a dif state.. for her address so I need to put her real address or can I use ours as she is with us some of the year.

Also what documents would she need to board. We typically just do id and bc. Carnival said bc and school id but the school she goes to does not issue school ids. What other doc would we use.

And lastly she shares her fathers last name,but would we need anything because the other parent is not sailing in order for her to board and also for customs??

Sorry for the questions just a bit nervous [emoji29]

Thank you!

next cruise 12/9/18 Liberty 😁

Under 16 only needs a BC for a "closed loop" cruise. No photo ID needed if she's under 16 years old.

You may need a letter from her mother giving permission for her dad to take her on the cruise and out of the country. Get it notarized. (She can do that at most banks..no charge) You may not need to show it, but it's good to have!

Other than that, you should have no problems!

• 1 month later...

That's what I was gonna say...a copy of her BC which displays the raised seal that is present on official BCs as well as a school ID (if she has one) and a notarized letter from her mother stating she is allowed to leave the country.

IF she's going to be cruising frequently with you in the future, I'd also suggest (not now, but later, if her mom is OK with it) getting a passport as well.

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to have the notarized letter with you for sure. The rest really depends on where you are going- a passport would be the best and easiest, but failing that you can often use a birth certificate (has to be a real copy with the seal, not a photocopy). Best is to check with the cruise line!