Similar cruise

CanadianMAG

My husband and I just came back from Bora Bora. It was a hard decision for us to decide whether we were going to take a cruise with Paul Gauguin or just stay in some over-the-water bungalows. We decided to just Island hop. Now that I'm home I really really want to go back but I know that was a one-time trip. I love everything about this Cruise Line. I haven't researched other similar Cruise Lines very much however I'm wondering if there would be something similar to this in Hawaii? Or would it not be a comparison? I've been to Hawaii before it's beautiful but really no comparison to Tahiti but if I can't go back to Tahiti maybe something closer to us would work? Thoughts.

Uncle just came back from the Windstar in the Caribbean. That's Cruise Line sounded very appealing but I've been to the Caribbean too many times.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to find somewhere like French Polynesia, but closer and less expensive? Somewhere where there's a smallish, luxury cruise ship to take you from place to place? It is a long way to go, although we're from Toronto and we've done that trip 6 times, so Vancouver seems lots closer to me.

You could go to the Cook Islands, they are cheaper than FP, but farther to travel, and I doubt if there are any cruise ships like the PG there.

I suspect the answer is French Polynesia. There may be small yacht-like cruises in the southern Caribbean that would be relaxing and exotic, but you have excluded that, so you may be out of luck.

Long story short .... no, there is nothing like it on Hawaii.

Hawaii is a great place don't get me wrong but it does not compare to FP.

Been to Caribbean several times on cruise ship both small and large .... doesn't come close to FP IMO

Why do you think so many Hawaiians travel to FP for vacation ;)

OK. We'll bite. We don't know - why do "so many Hawaiians travel to FP for vacation"?

Because Hawaiian Polynesians know where the real Polynesia is located ;)

Hawaiian Polynesians like to get away from the hustle and bustle ....

Hawaii in a year receives 8,900,000 tourists ...

French Polynesia in a year receives 184,000 tourists

Hawaiian Polynesians like to get away from the hustle and bustle ....

Your devotion to and enthusiasm about French Polynesia is refreshing, and we hope you continue to enjoy your times there. With all due respect though on getting away from the hustle and bustle, Las Vegas remains the number one spot Hawaiians go to and return again and again when they want to get away from here. Even the PG offers special rates to draw Hawaii residents to FP instead of us going elsewhere.

Your devotion to and enthusiasm about French Polynesia is refreshing, and we hope you continue to enjoy your times there. With all due respect though on getting away from the hustle and bustle, Las Vegas remains the number one spot Hawaiians go to and return again and again when they want to get away from here. Even the PG offers special rates to draw Hawaii residents to FP instead of us going elsewhere.

I thought the question was about Hawaii and French Polynesia ;);)

I've been to Hawaii and French Polynesia over two dozen times .... There is nothing similar to a PG cruise in Hawaii .... sure you can take a cruise there but it isn't near as good as a PG experience in FP waters.

Well guys, you can't compare French Polynesia to Las Vegas, that's the truth of the matter, lol!

Yeah! Kind of like comparing pineapple to poker chips. :cool: