Baltimore Inner harbor Pre-cruise Hotel

crooooze

For those that are familiar with the Baltimore Inner Harbor area -

Anyone have thoughts on these two hotels -

Sleep Inn & Suites Inner Harbor

vs.

Springhill Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Neither place is really in the inner harbor even though they have it in its name

The sleep inn is the farthest away from the harbor I would say a good 15- 20 minute walk to the harbor itself.

The Springhill Suite is a probably 10 minute walk to the harbor but a much safer and more direct route to the Inner Harbor. And other nearby attractions

The Sleep Inn would have you crossing several busy intersections to get to the Harbor and its attractions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Was wondering just how unsafer of an area Sleep Inn is in... We were planning on walking to the Inner Harbor... Is it worth an extra $50 per night for Springhill....

Uh, yes. No way I'd walk from the Sleep Inn to the Inner Harbor. It's probably perfectly safe, but if you have to ask, it probably won't feel safe.

What kind of rates are you seeing at the full-service properties? With AAA, senior, etc., rates, you can sometimes get into those for the same price. They probably won't include breakfast unless you have hotel status, but the Renaissance, Marriott Waterfront, etc., are right in the Inner Harbor. But the Springhill Suites is definitely closer and I wouldn't have a problem walking straight down Calvert into the Inner Harbor.

Uh, yes. No way I'd walk from the Sleep Inn to the Inner Harbor. It's probably perfectly safe, but if you have to ask, it probably won't feel safe.

What kind of rates are you seeing at the full-service properties? With AAA, senior, etc., rates, you can sometimes get into those for the same price. They probably won't include breakfast unless you have hotel status, but the Renaissance, Marriott Waterfront, etc., are right in the Inner Harbor. But the Springhill Suites is definitely closer and I wouldn't have a problem walking straight down Calvert into the Inner Harbor

I agree with Markeb, but I also would not rule out the Harbor East area of the Inner Harbor such as Hyatt Place