Public Transportation Question

kpark895

Hi. For some reason I thought I read on here that the public buses no longer stop at Horseshoe Beach. But, I have also read, in other threads, that you can get a bus from Hamilton to said beach. If it is possible to get there by bus, can you then get one of the mini-vans ($7 pp, I think) to take you back to the ship at King's Wharf, or do you have to do a round trip deal? I don't mind walking down the hill to the beach, but would rather ride up the hill in comfort!

The only time a public bus would not stop at Horseshoe Bay is if the bus is full and there is no room for any more passengers. Otherwise, public buses stop at HSB.

To get to HSB from Hamilton, take an outbound route #7 bus from the bus terminal on Church St.

You could take a mini-bus back to the Dockyard. The fare is $7 p/p.

SBtS

The only time a public bus would not stop at Horseshoe Bay is if the bus is full and there is no room for any more passengers. Otherwise, public buses stop at HSB.

To get to HSB from Hamilton, take an outbound route #7 bus from the bus terminal on Church St.

You could take a mini-bus back to the Dockyard. The fare is $7 p/p.

SBtS

Thanks for your help.

Hi. For some reason I thought I read on here that the public buses no longer stop at Horseshoe Beach. But, I have also read, in other threads, that you can get a bus from Hamilton to said beach. If it is possible to get there by bus, can you then get one of the mini-vans ($7 pp, I think) to take you back to the ship at King's Wharf, or do you have to do a round trip deal? I don't mind walking down the hill to the beach, but would rather ride up the hill in comfort!

In another thread someone said to take the public Express Bus to Horseshoe. It is the Express Bus that no longer runs. The regular #7 buses that make multiple stops still run from the Dockyard to Horseshoe. The minibus is one way so you could take a public bus one way and return on the minibus but I recommend using the minibus from the Dockyard to Horseshoe over taking the public bus. Not only because of the hill but because the public buses can be crowded. You might end up standing or having to wait for the next public bus because they won’t let you on a full bus, or they are leaving some seats vacant for local Bermudians boarding after the Dockyard.

In another thread someone said to take the public Express Bus to Horseshoe. It is the Express Bus that no longer runs. The regular #7 buses that make multiple stops still run from the Dockyard to Horseshoe. The minibus is one way so you could take a public bus one way and return on the minibus but I recommend using the minibus from the Dockyard to Horseshoe over taking the public bus. Not only because of the hill but because the public buses can be crowded. You might end up standing or having to wait for the next public bus because they won’t let you on a full bus, or they are leaving some seats vacant for local Bermudians boarding after the Dockyard.

Thanks. Not sure if I would be going there from the Dockyard. Thinking more along the line of dropping by there on the way back to the Dockyard from Hamilton, probably.

Thanks. Not sure if I would be going there from the Dockyard. Thinking more along the line of dropping by there on the way back to the Dockyard from Hamilton, probably.

Taking the public bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe is not a bad option as there are usually a lot less boarding there. You would catch the #7 at the bus terminal. From there you can board #7s that are marked either Dockyard or Barnes Corner as Horseshoe is between Hamilton and both. So more buses. Also you only need 3 zone tokens between Hamilton and Horseshoe the cost would be $3.50.

Edited by Charles4515

Taking the public bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe is not a bad option as there are usually a lot less boarding there. You would catch the #7 at the bus terminal. From there you can board #7s that are marked either Dockyard or Barnes Corner as Horseshoe is between Hamilton and both. So more buses. Also you only need 3 zone tokens between Hamilton and Horseshoe the cost would be $3.50.

Thanks. I may get a two day transportation pass so I didn't need to worry about tokens, and stuff (I do understand the minibuses are not included). I figure with maybe three round trip ferry trips, plus maybe a few buses, I'll probably be pretty close to even on the cost.