Weather to Bermuda

cowboymouth

Considering our first cruise to Bermuda from NYC mid May. Any suggestions as to what the weather will be like on the trip over?

Can’t predict the weather but at that time of year it tends to be what I call “brisk” at sea. Too cool to lounge on the outside decks. At that time of year unseasonably hot or cold is also possible. I personally won’t cruise in May to Bermuda because I have experienced subpar beach weather in May and the water temps then are too cool for me. May is a good time for touring around Bermuda and golf.

• 2 weeks later...
Our group of 5 adults are going in November, much later in the season. The water should be very warm. Hopefully, no hurricanes to worry about. Will there be much still to do that late in the season?

The public ferry does not run to St. George’s then. The ferries will be on winter schedule. That should tell you something. Some shops and restaurants may close for the season. I don’t know about the NCL service to St. George’s if you are on NCL. Water temp is subjective, it is out of beach season. Lifeguards at Horseshoe only until end of October so don’t know if they will still have chair rentals. The air temperature should be pleasant.

Our group of 5 adults are going in November, much later in the season. The water should be very warm. Hopefully, no hurricanes to worry about. Will there be much still to do that late in the season?

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you’re saying the water will be very warm. More in the very low 70s. September is really the sweet spot for the beach- water temps are still in the mid 80s, beach services are still up, and it’s a bit less crowded.

You’re definitely traveling outside the season which has its advantages and disadvantages. The weather should be nice- some mornings will be crisp and there won’t be the stifling humidity you can get in the summer. And the island is noticeably less crowded. But as has been mentioned a lot of the tourist infrastructure like lifeguards, beach services, and ferrys are shut down until next season.