Wildlife sightings from balcony ?

macfam5

Who has seen wildlife while sitting on their balconies? We have an aft balcony for our upcoming cruise this summer.

Like the other posters in this thread, we've seen orcas, humpbacks, dolphins, eagles. My DH was out on the balcony VERY early one morning approaching Sitka and he saw many rafts of otters. I once saw a walrus. I think he was off-course :(

Did you feel seasick at all in the aft balcony rooms? We are considering the upgrade but are concerned we will feel a little too much of the motion of the ocean . . .

We never felt seasick on the back of the ship. My husband did get seasick on the front of the ship. We will not book a forward cabin again because of this

Who has seen wildlife while sitting on their balconies? We have an aft balcony for our upcoming cruise this summer.

I have seen whales, eagles( especially leaving Ketchikan, I seen well over 200), sea otters, sea lions and jumping salmon. I use Bushnell PermaFocus 10x50, outstanding for wide area scanning and the 10X and can easily scan the water for Whales and trees for Eagles. I paid $50 for this Top rated Binocular at Walmart.com. before my cruise last year. When we were coming back to Victoria in the Strait of Juan De Fuca, we seen a super pod of 35 orcas, some were within 30 feet from the ship.

I have seen whales, eagles( especially leaving Ketchikan, I seen well over 200), sea otters, sea lions and jumping salmon. I use Bushnell PermaFocus 10x50, outstanding for wide area scanning and the 10X and can easily scan the water for Whales and trees for Eagles. I paid $50 for this Top rated Binocular at Walmart.com. before my cruise last year. When we were coming back to Victoria in the Strait of Juan De Fuca, we seen a super pod of 35 orcas, some were within 30 feet from the ship.

A pod of 35 orca is my dream!! I'd cry!! :)

We have a balcony cabin mid ship starboard side on our upcoming Alaska cruise is June 2019 - can't wait!!!! :D

A pod of 35 orca is my dream!! I'd cry!! :)

We have a balcony cabin mid ship starboard side on our upcoming Alaska cruise is June 2019 - can't wait!!!! :D

The Bushnell PermaFocus 10X50 is the prefect Binocular for viewing wildlife, eagles and whales off your Balcony . The Binocular is also excellent for zeroing in on the ice flows at the Glaciers. I got the Bushnell Perma Focus 10X50 at Walmart.com for $50. Amazon wanted $72. Have a nice and scenic cruise next year.

That sounds so amazing. We are hoping we will see whales from our balcony