Misty Fjords Floatplane Tour or Flightseeing with Crab Feast

flcruiser05

My husband and I are sailing the Bliss in August for an Alaskan cruise. It will most likely be our only cruise to Alaska. I'm trying to decide which tour to take in Ketchikan.

We can either take a Misty Fjords floatplane tour with island wings or a flightseeing tour and crab feast that goes to the George Inlet Lodge. My main objective is to ride a floatplane. Will I miss out on better scenery if we do the crab feast option?

If anyone has done both tours, which would you recommend?

The price is about the same for both.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The crab feast is one of my favorites, so I probably wouldn’t pass it up. Princess has an excursion that does both Misty Fjords and the crab feast, while the flightseeing and crab feast is a shorter flight. I don’t know if the former is exclusive to Princess.

I would go with Island Wings if you have the chance. There are other places where you can get the Dungeness crab. Look at the reviews on trip advisor about the crab feast. Price looks about right if you can eat the equivalent of a whole crab. I read you can also book it independently.

Thank you both for you input. I think we are going to do the crabfeast. My husband doesn't think the scenery will be much different. That gets us both what we want.

Hint: Don't fill up on the appetizers but save room for the crab. Most I could eat was six half crabs in the allotted 50 minutes. Only room for one bite of the delicious NY-style cheesecake with blueberry compote.

Here is a link to my photo reviews of several Crab Feasts (via boat and flight):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/ketchikan-2/ketchikan-crab-feasting/

Hint: Don't fill up on the appetizers but save room for the crab. Most I could eat was six half crabs in the allotted 50 minutes. Only room for one bite of the delicious NY-style cheesecake with blueberry compote.

Here is a link to my photo reviews of several Crab Feasts (via boat and flight):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/ketchikan-2/ketchikan-crab-feasting/

Thank you!!!