Viking Ocean - Combined Cruise Schedule 2018 thru 2020

CharTrav

Have updated the Excel spreadsheet I shared last year with cruise schedules from 2018 thru 2020 using information available as of last Thursday -- April 12th, 2018. As before, if you have any comments to offer on ways I can improve this sheet or want to tell me about any errors I may have committed, my direct email address is provided on the ReadMe sheet.

Have uploaded to DropBox and GoogleDrive. Here are the shareable links to each (no account required to access). Highly recommend downloading the file rather than trying to view it on the web. The Excel sheet contains macros.

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/407gwfvniuy11wq/Viking%20Ocean%20Cruises%20%282018%20to%202020%29.xlsm?dl=0

GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qe_rC4S628iE86Ly6ylfWdZo5T7ibuai/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Thank you very much again for sharing!!

You are :halo::halo::halo:

Uncovered errors in two entries today -- just uploaded new copy to both sites. If you downloaded the file already, suggest you download the corrected version.

Dates for a Jupiter cruise in 2020 was entered with a 2018 date; same cruise in 2019 entered with 2020 date.:rolleyes: Didn't realize my error 'til today when I looked at the printout for 2020 and saw May 3rd as the first entry .. :eek:. Hopefully that's the only blooper I left in there. Thought I'd embedded internal checks to alert me to errors like this .. sigh ..

Uncovered errors in two entries today -- just uploaded new copy to both sites. If you downloaded the file already, suggest you download the corrected version.

Dates for a Jupiter cruise in 2020 was entered with a 2018 date; same cruise in 2019 entered with 2020 date.:rolleyes: Didn't realize my error 'til today when I looked at the printout for 2020 and saw May 3rd as the first entry .. :eek:. Hopefully that's the only blooper I left in there. Thought I'd embedded internal checks to alert me to errors like this .. sigh ..

Thank you! Wel’ll download again :cool:

Learned today that the World Cruise 2019 (the one starting on 3Jan19 from Miami) had been segmented: into 5 parts. Added these to the spreadsheet and posted the revision to DropBox and GoogleDrive. Use the same links as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

Posted another revision. Big change is added segments to Ultimate 2019-2020 plus some odds and ends for Jupiter and Orion. Also .. noticed on CruiseMapper.com names for 2 new VO ships to be launched in 2021 that I added in anticipation of my next big revision (2019-2021). Uploaded to GoogleDrive and DropBox. No account required for either to access and download. To save you having to look back to previous posts -- here are the links:

GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qe_rC4S628iE86Ly6ylfWdZo5T7ibuai/view?usp=sharing

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/407gwfvniuy11wq/Viking%20Ocean%20Cruises%20%282018%20to%202020%29.xlsm?dl=0

Edited by CharTrav

• 2 months later...

Cruise schedules into 2021 are now posted at the Viking Ocean site.  Have updated my 2018-2020 spreadsheet and posted to DropBox . Will take care of GoogleDrive in a bit.  Plan to build 2019-2021 sheet soon and post.   Note that there is a new World Cruise for 2020/2021 Miami to London scheduled now.  Looks identical to the first one -- goes thru Panama Canal.

• Thanks 1

Well. Don't use it yet.  For those of you who have ever watched the TV series The Odd Couple, I am being reminded today of the scene where Tony Randall playing Felix explains at length to a judge during a court proceeding (and to his ultimate detriment) the dangers of the word “assume”. I assumed (doh!) that surely the 2019 cruise schedule  was well set and the early part of the 2020 schedule was as well. Thus, it was simply a matter of adding new stuff after my latest entries for 2020. And that's what I posted. 

I started working on building the 2019-2021 schedule yesterday. This lead me down a rabbit hole of attempting to determine which cruises from 2018 were “one hit wonders”. Which lead me to discover today that .... ummmmm...the 2019 schedule has gone thru some tweaks including a bunch of new cruises added (mostly to 2020 and 2021). 🙀 And since the 2018 season is really at a state of "who cares?", rather than fix the 2018-2020 schedule, I'm focusing my efforts now on fixing the 2019 and 2020 data in the new 2019-2021 spreadsheet. I hope to have it done this weekend and will post in the same folder in Dropbox and GoogleDrive where I share all the other "general" Viking resource stuff I create. 

In the meantime, please don't use the one I posted this week. It's not exactly useless but it's certainly not 100% accurate. ☺️

Edited by CharTrav

Thanks! So when are they going to split up the 2020/2021 World Cruise? There has to be a formula for when that's done. And really, it does make sense. First see how many are willing or able to pay for the whole World cruise - the whole apple - and then cut it into tasty segments. 

OK .. I'm done.  Have checked and rechecked... and am fairly confident I've caught all the changes including - surprise!!!  -- changes to the 2019 schedule too (Nov/Dec).  A simple re-naming of an existing cruise? I don't know.  Have posted the 2019-2021 Cruise Schedule spreadsheet to both DropBox and GoogleDrive (no account required to access either but do recommend you simply download it -- it's a macro enabled Excel spreadsheet).  I've created a General Viking Stuff folder on both DropBox and GoogleDrive so I don't have to keep providing a new link every time I add new stuff there. If the folder is shared, you should be able to access anything in that folder (if not, tell me). The file name is Viking Ocean Cruises (2019 to 2021).xlsm.  The schedule for 2021 only goes out between March and May (Sun and Orion scheduled through May, the others are most through March.).  Will be looking for the launch of the next one -- have seen a tentative name of "Venus" or "Tellus" (per CruiseMapper.com site).

DropBox:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pm1betyh91wlhf/AABBcPIWuqWJQtR5JrNSFOqMa?dl=0

GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EqtC3ff7Dk_xFBsTgGs4dJWz_Wu3e9ou

I should probably create a topic that I can use to post announcements about this spreadsheet rather than one for each 3 yr grouping... Hmmmmm

Edited by CharTrav
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Have just updated the 2019-2021 Combined Cruise Schedule -- link is in my signature block under "General Viking Stuff".  Most changes are to the various World Cruises -- splitting into segments.  No change to World Cruise 2019 given that it's underway.  The Ultimate World Cruise 2019/2020 now contains 13 segments, 3 added since I last checked.  World Cruise 2021 is starting to be segmented -- right now two big chunks but they may get more discrete in time.

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, CharTrav said:

OK .. I'm done.  Have checked and rechecked... and am fairly confident I've caught all the changes including - surprise!!!  -- changes to the 2019 schedule too (Nov/Dec).  A simple re-naming of an existing cruise? I don't know.  Have posted the 2019-2021 Cruise Schedule spreadsheet to both DropBox and GoogleDrive (no account required to access either but do recommend you simply download it -- it's a macro enabled Excel spreadsheet).  I've created a General Viking Stuff folder on both DropBox and GoogleDrive so I don't have to keep providing a new link every time I add new stuff there. If the folder is shared, you should be able to access anything in that folder (if not, tell me). The file name is Viking Ocean Cruises (2019 to 2021).xlsm.  The schedule for 2021 only goes out between March and May (Sun and Orion scheduled through May, the others are most through March.).  Will be looking for the launch of the next one -- have seen a tentative name of "Venus" or "Tellus" (per CruiseMapper.com site).

DropBox:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pm1betyh91wlhf/AABBcPIWuqWJQtR5JrNSFOqMa?dl=0

GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EqtC3ff7Dk_xFBsTgGs4dJWz_Wu3e9ou

I should probably create a topic that I can use to post announcements about this spreadsheet rather than one for each 3 yr grouping... Hmmmmm

Nice job - many thanks!  We are going on several of these cruises!

Yes - it would be good to have a separate forum topic on this - easy to find then.

When does Viking usually extend the schedule for most of the ships?  (Month)

9 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Nice job - many thanks!  We are going on several of these cruises!

Yes - it would be good to have a separate forum topic on this - easy to find then.

When does Viking usually extend the schedule for most of the ships?  (Month)

You're right. I should start a separate topic on this - same name sans 3 year block reference. As to when Viking extends the schedule? Looking back over the log I maintain in the spreadsheet, it looks like the big updates occur in the Fall sometime. I check the web site every few months to see when the calendar extends to cover all months in the the third year covered by the spreadsheet. But Viking definitely schedules its ships in 3 yr blocks. 

Edited by CharTrav