MSC Seaside Carribean from Miami

castcore

Hello,

First time sailing on MSC, and I have spent a day reading these posts and still confused about a couple things. Can somebody please clarify.

1. In Main Dining, if I don't have drink package, is it true they don't provide basic tap water? Does that mean no Ice Tea or Coffee with desert either? That is hard to believe if true! I hope I am wrong!

2. We have Drinks on Us promo, is it true they charge 15% on everything we order? does that include Bottled water?

Please help!

I can confirm that on the Seaside, we had basic ice water at dinner and coffee or tea with dessert. We had it nightly in the Ipanema Dining Room. We sailed March 31st. The ice water is offered. We did have to ask for the coffee the first night; on succeeding nights, we were asked if we wanted any coffee. Enjoy your cruise! We had a truly memorable time aboard the MSC Seaside.

I sailed her last week ..... Bottled water was served/poured to us by our waitstaff. We did not ask for it, no tap water.

Tallnthensome, I believe you had the premium beverage package so that’s probably why they brought bottle water to you otherwise they would offer tap water in the MDR.

Hello,

First time sailing on MSC, and I have spent a day reading these posts and still confused about a couple things. Can somebody please clarify.

1. In Main Dining, if I don't have drink package, is it true they don't provide basic tap water? Does that mean no Ice Tea or Coffee with desert either? That is hard to believe if true! I hope I am wrong!

2. We have Drinks on Us promo, is it true they charge 15% on everything we order? does that include Bottled water?

Please help!

You have it all wrong.

you only pay 15% if you buy individual drinks without a drink package, the charge is included in the package.

Are you sure? I also have the "Drinks on Us" promo and it states 15% gratuity is NOT included and will be added to your bill every time you order a drink.

They do not charge the automatic 15% when they give you the "Drinks On Us" package. Therefore, I'll assume it will be charged to your account with every drink you get. If you have 10- $8 drinks per day, you will receive a bill for $12 per day. $84 for the 7 days. Not bad for free booze. HOWEVER! I noticed that it does not cover a lot of different drinks and no specialty coffees! I'm not even sure you getting the same drinks that the All Inclusive Classic gets! And that package only covers drinks up to $8 or bottled beer for $5.50. We sailed Royal last month and the only $8 drink was the special of the day. I did not see any beers for under $6. We got the Deluxe package on sale so it was well worth it, everything was included, up to $13. Even specialty coffees but NO Starbucks. We are looking to book the Seaside next time the "Drinks on us" comes around, but not sure its worth the wait. ALSO, they were offering 3 specialty restaurants for free as well. Don't forget the Gratuity fees on that as well.