WOW! MSC Seaside reviews take a dramatic turn :)

BermudaBound2014

I wonder how much certain people will be crying Yc,Yc when MSC decide to Increase their prices to the more realistic ones being asked of those in the UK and Europe ? While I get that there are those who like the concept, why pay all that extra money to have crying infants in the same area when you can pay less elsewhere to have the same thing! now if it was Adults only and those over 18 then we might just decide to move away from Aurea.

For the time being Aurea suits us.

Same way on divina yc - plenty of shade at tables, none in loungers around pool. Seems that aurea area may have shade in loungers available to all YC guests. I need to research that more.

And before anyone says umbrellas won’t work because of the wind, that’s false. Lots of ships have umbrellas and or clam shells forward facing on top decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umbrella's would have been blown into the sea on our cruise on Seaside YC week of 3/24. It is very windy on top deck. Even the cushions were flapping around on the loungers. Yes...Aurea section has some shade...but in fairness it is a protected area. Its the middle section by the Bar which has a full tall wall separating yacht Club and Aurea. So the canvas shade area can withstand wind because its protected

I wonder how much certain people will be crying Yc,Yc when MSC decide to Increase their prices to the more realistic ones being asked of those in the UK and Europe ? While I get that there are those who like the concept, why pay all that extra money to have crying infants in the same area when you can pay less elsewhere to have the same thing! now if it was Adults only and those over 18 then we might just decide to move away from Aurea.

For the time being Aurea suits us.

We’ll be on the Seaside this Saturday. I don’t think I’ve seen anything written about the Aurea experience. Always YC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got off yesterday and it was phenomenal! Royal, Carnival, NCL and others better start looking over their shoulder because it was all that and MSC is coming for them! Price was great too![/quote

I'll stick with celebrity.too many people on board food was decent first couple days then went downhill.service was hit or miss.ship was beautiful.after the first day my wife said no more and I agree.more bad than good.we had a different experience than most I guess.

We’ll be on the Seaside this Saturday. I don’t think I’ve seen anything written about the Aurea experience. Always YC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a super time!

Don’t forget we did Aurea on our Seaside and I did a live review from of that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Captain Massa was phenomenal! He took the time to get to know every guest and it was clear he made a big effect on the ship. I heard Captain Scala is great as well, however, I know there were very many people whose experiences were greatly improved (us included) because of the amazing, personable captain

I was Bella and was treated with respect, kindness, and smiles the whole trip. I'm glad I didn't pay for Yacht Club. I never saw anyone getting special treatment for being Yacht Club except for embarkation. After that, I couldn't tell you who was or wasn't. I'm sure the Yacht Club is a fine experience and the area would be nice on the ship but I had zero problems being Bella and got the dining time we wanted.

Us as well! Captain did not even mention Yacht club to us and we felt it was the complete OPPOSITE from Norwegian where we felt as if we were peasants for not being in the Haven.

We were bella as well and had the best service ever on any of our cruises.

Umbrella's would have been blown into the sea on our cruise on Seaside YC week of 3/24. It is very windy on top deck. Even the cushions were flapping around on the loungers. Yes...Aurea section has some shade...but in fairness it is a protected area. Its the middle section by the Bar which has a full tall wall separating yacht Club and Aurea. So the canvas shade area can withstand wind because its protected

The wind is certainly an issue we experienced also a couple weeks prior. The best alternative IMO would be the heavy, SS based umbrellas that NCL has in the Vibe. Takes almost 2 to move (unless gifted). Yet, with the wind as you note and we experienced, they would not have been able to have been opened. As with the NCL Vibe umbrellas, they would tie them up on such wind and leave in place (that heavy base).

The wind is certainly an issue we experienced also a couple weeks prior. The best alternative IMO would be the heavy, SS based umbrellas that NCL has in the Vibe. Takes almost 2 to move (unless gifted). Yet, with the wind as you note and we experienced, they would not have been able to have been opened. As with the NCL Vibe umbrellas, they would tie them up on such wind and leave in place (that heavy base).

Loved the Vibe! Had passes this past January.

Loved the Vibe! Had passes this past January.

It's can be really fun, depends on all that are in the Vibe and behavior. Had some issues with incredibly inappropriate audible conversations on the Escape recently. Very small group, but it caught the ears of a number of us. No problem when they weren't there :o. Didn't have any issues, other than really positive ones, meeting quite a number of other cruisers on all other Vibe experiences. Loved it also. We believe they should open the Vibe experience up on the other partitioned side of the ships, or find a reservation system that is more appropriate than having a large # of passengers NOT GET THE VIBE and start the cruise out disappointed.

Other than that, we've been lucky to get the Vibe on the cruises when we were not in the Haven. Very lucky. If no Haven (pricing is ab$urd IMO only), we've done SPA Balcony (wife loves the SPA ceramic lounges, I love the hydro-therapy pool) and the views.

Back to the umbrellas in the Vibe, that is what we recommended to MSC in our review and attached the photos. Again, other than really wind days, those umbrellas were very reliable and would not be a significant $$ experiment for MSC (in any areas, Yacht Club or other).

It's can be really fun, depends on all that are in the Vibe and behavior. Had some issues with incredibly inappropriate audible conversations on the Escape recently. Very small group, but it caught the ears of a number of us. No problem when they weren't there :o. Didn't have any issues, other than really positive ones, meeting quite a number of other cruisers on all other Vibe experiences. Loved it also. We believe they should open the Vibe experience up on the other partitioned side of the ships, or find a reservation system that is more appropriate than having a large # of passengers NOT GET THE VIBE and start the cruise out disappointed.

Other than that, we've been lucky to get the Vibe on the cruises when we were not in the Haven. Very lucky. If no Haven (pricing is ab$urd IMO only), we've done SPA Balcony (wife loves the SPA ceramic lounges, I love the hydro-therapy pool) and the views.

Back to the umbrellas in the Vibe, that is what we recommended to MSC in our review and attached the photos. Again, other than really wind days, those umbrellas were very reliable and would not be a significant $$ experiment for MSC (in any areas, Yacht Club or other).

I'm another lover of Vibe and Posh!! I've seen those umbrellas up in winds that were just short of hurricane and they stand up well. We did breakaway out of NYC one year and the umbrellas were out the whole time and that's a rough voyage. I'm not talking back yard umbrella's here, they are very industrious. And if they didn't want to do umbrellas they could easily do one of the sail type gizmos over part of the chairs like MANY MANY cruise ships have.

I was contacted by a representative from MSC after my YC cruise in 2016. I did live reviews in april and again in June, so they somehow got a-hold of my TA who got a-hold of me. They asked some questions about my review. At that point in time, my biggest suggestions (other than food, service, and basic tightening of the loose ends) was to make one of the pools on Divina adult only and get shade in YC pool area. Shortly after I sailed Divina went into dry dock. I would have BET they were going to add shade at that time, but nope :(. They did, however, make the infinity pool adult only so that was good :).

I'm another lover of Vibe and Posh!! I've seen those umbrellas up in winds that were just short of hurricane and they stand up well. We did breakaway out of NYC one year and the umbrellas were out the whole time and that's a rough voyage. I'm not talking back yard umbrella's here, they are very industrious. And if they didn't want to do umbrellas they could easily do one of the sail type gizmos over part of the chairs like MANY MANY cruise ships have.

I was contacted by a representative from MSC after my YC cruise in 2016. I did live reviews in april and again in June, so they somehow got a-hold of my TA who got a-hold of me. They asked some questions about my review. At that point in time, my biggest suggestions (other than food, service, and basic tightening of the loose ends) was to make one of the pools on Divina adult only and get shade in YC pool area. Shortly after I sailed Divina went into dry dock. I would have BET they were going to add shade at that time, but nope :(. They did, however, make the infinity pool adult only so that was good :).

Yep, they did hold up really well. That's why I had a hard time moving them as the day progressed (without a mirror, I forget my age ;p) and a Vibe staff would come right over.

You are so right, they are INDUSTRIAL grade.

Now I miss the Vibe. Well, have to wait until September and Bermuda. :cool:

• 4 months later...
There are those who said things would improve as time moved on and the crew began to gell together, there were also the nay sayers who were willing the Seaside to fail.

As for a change to the reviews since the Captain's changed I fail to see how either of them could could have influenced a guests review seeing as one main issue was beyond their control, it is just coincidence that reviews have improved now that changes have been made to the onboard experience.

Trying not to feel smug here, but I was one of those who trusted that MSC would make things right, and it appears they have. For putting faith in the company, I was insulted and mocked and even accused of outright working for MSC (what a laugh!). Anyway, I'm glad to see that the reviews have improved and I'm excited that our cruise is less than 2 months away now. Really looking forward to those crêpes, that's good news.

I'm excited to hear this great news? Does anyone know if there are "Bella" reviews?

I posted a review recently about my experiences on the seaside. I purchased the Bella experience and had a wonderful time. I was seated in the MDR. I never felt treated like second class because I was not in YC. I went in thinking I would enjoy my trip and it turned out to be great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A year ago, I had never heard of MSC. Booked a cruise in Oct, 2071 On Divina based on the low fare. Was so impressed that we booked Seaside In April . WE will be sailing on her again this October. they have made the improvements. Capt. MAssa asked that we write on CC our honest opinions good or bad. WE travelled with another couple , this time we recruited another. Can't wait. Just hope hurricane season is kind to the Carribbean this season.

A year ago, I had never heard of MSC. Booked a cruise in Oct, 2071 On Divina based on the low fare. Was so impressed ...

... I'm really impressed that you can travel back and forth through time! :D :D :D

Hope you enjoy your cruise on Seaside at least as much as (if not more than) you did on Divina. ;)

... I'm really impressed that you can travel back and forth through time! :D :D :D

Hope you enjoy your cruise on Seaside at least as much as (if not more than) you did on Divina. ;)

I thought "Damn. I'll be dead by the time that cruise sails."

No wonder it was so cheap!:'):')