O Life fare.....Oceania Select ( OS) Shore excursions not included. Good to know.

Crissfield

We are booked on an Oceania cruise to Cuba in Nov 2018 and choose the O Life fare because we wanted to use it for our Shore excursions.HOWEVER when Iwent to Shore excursions I found that the OS (Oceania Select excursions are not included in the perk package.

Since we don’t need air fare and don’t drink a lot I am thinking we would revert back to regular fare. Any advice?

I think it’s important to know that the OLife fare does not include many of the Shore excursions.

yes it is noted in the fine print at the bottom of the page

"OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive and Executive Collection."

If you do not drink nor want the excursion package & do not want/need the OBC then just do the Cruise only price

Compare the difference in prices with & without the O Life perk

Though we seldom do the airfare inclusion, we do do the O Life, take the air credit (and use it to match FF points for biz class and then with opt for the booze package and upgrade to premier ($20/person/day add on) for shorter cruises <21 days or take the OBC to offset bar bill on the longer cruises. Hardly ever take the credit xcursions since we mix private and some ship trips (usually the non-O Life ones.

In general O Life is worth it.

We are booked on an Oceania cruise to Cuba in Nov 2018 and choose the O Life fare because we wanted to use it for our Shore excursions.HOWEVER when Iwent to Shore excursions I found that the OS (Oceania Select excursions are not included in the perk package.

Since we don’t need air fare and don’t drink a lot I am thinking we would revert back to regular fare. Any advice?

I think it’s important to know that the OLife fare does not include many of the Shore excursions.

It depends on how much more you would be paying for the O Life.

On our future Cuba cruise I plan on booking tours in Cienfuegos & Santiago for $149 & $179 respectively - total value is about $330. The cruise with O Life is $200 more.

Thus I am getting about $130 value/person extra or $260 for the 2 of us by taking O Life. Why would I “throw away” $260?

YMMV

Edited by Paulchili

If you are not interested in the lunch/dinner drink option, you can also choose the OBC option and buy the OS tour you want. That is what we are doing for our future Cuba cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On any cruise now-a-days, start reading about the perks from the bottom up. Its the "fine print" that is most important. If they write it in large letters, like "free excursions" its pretty much meaningless. You gotta love how cruise prices are "per person" when it often says 2-for-one, but the perks are usually per-cabin, and that is before the asterisks.

New Oceania cruiser here-same dilemma about OBC or "free excursions" so wondering if you can use the OBC before the cruise to book more expensive excursions? On some cruise lines you can only use OBC on board the ship.

no you have to wait until you are onboard to use the OBC

sometimes you can book ahead then when you get on the ship ask to change it to use the OBC

if there is a waitlist for that tour it could be risky