Husband and Wife Dressing Like Twins

kitty9

Dressing like twins - no matter how old you are just isn't my style. Having said that, however, a couple of years ago we were on vacation and went on a tour and our guide said "How cute, you're dressed like twins". I looked at my husband and then at myself - we had both chosen to wear khaki pants and navy golf shirts that day, and neither of us realized it. I was quite embarassed because we certainly didn't intend to be twins, and I made a point of changing tops as soon as we returned to our hotel room that afternoon. icon_redface.gif

Now I make a point of looking to see what each of us has chosen to wear that day, and make the necessary changes if needed. I'm really not that anal, honestly!

Smooth Sailing, whatever you wear! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Till Our Panama Canal Experience

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;02;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0330

Dressing exactly alike? I agree~~it's too much!

Wearing the same color inadvertently? That's GOOD! It means you are on the same wave length and you'll have a great evening together! Afterall, colors reflect your mood! So--I'm always happy when I see DH in the same color as me icon_wink.gif

Holland America 9/97

Celebrity 10/98

Windsurf 1/02

Enchantment 10/02

Tahitian Princess 1/04

joanne and fred, you can still take the matching outfit, just don't wear the items the same day... one day he wears the shirt and a few days later you wear the dress...

deborah01.gif

rhapsody of the seas 4/27/03

carnival conquest 10/5/03

star/hawaii 4/25/04

<MARQUEE> at286.gif

<MARQUEE]

grand princess 11/13/04... departs glaveston!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Here's a story...My friend was a waiter at a diner near an arena and while Ringing Bros. was in town, some of the entertainers ate there. One morning a couple walked in in matching baby blue three-piece suits with string ties. Without thinking, my friend greeted them with, "Are y'all with the circus?"

--They weren't!! icon_redface.gif

Denise

We saw this same thing a couple years ago when we were on a Hal cruise. The wife would have on a dress or short outfit and the husband had a matching shirt and usually a hat. my husband noticed it after about the 3rd day and they were always dressed alike, we thought maybe they were on their honeymoon and she sewed. We didn't realize it was that common and haven't seen it again.

As for Dh & I dressing alike, not likely! I'm with the rest of you though, I do match colors for pictures but that's about it.

Just a thought, but maybe these people dress alike on cruises to "stand out" and make it easier to meet people? You know maybe they are not good at starting a conversation and notice that people comment on their outfits and it helps them?

Halloween on the Serenade

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;30;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

icon_cool.gifI remember a cruise when there was a 50ish Canadian couple that would get off the ship wearing these matching khaki safari hats/shirts/shorts. They looked like a couple of geeks...may be appropriate for a safari but not a cruise!

• 13 years later...

I always say to my wife, there are 4,000 +/- people on this ship on vacation and we are on vacation, too! If we want to wear matching outfits, then we will wear matching outfits! The only person on the ship that I worry about is my wife! Everyone else is enjoying their vacation, and why shouldn't I, they way I choose to do so. People tend to worry too much about what others might think. If they think I am funny and laugh along with me, that is great. If they cannot laugh at what I am saying, doing or wearing, then it is their issue, not mine and I say lighten up, relax and have some fun.

There is a couple we've sailed with on Grandeur of the Seas, who dress exactly alike daytime and evening. They dance! A friend of a friend of a friend said they have done so since they started dating in high school (quite a bit older now). The general consensus seems to be amusement but not in a negative way.

I also saw two adult women who dressed alike for the whole cruise.

DH and I coordinate in our formality at any time, but not in colors.

We were on a Cunard cruise about 3 years ago and saw 2 female twins, probably in their late 50's or early 60's. They dressed alike, down to their nail polish, 24 hours a day. It was a bit bizarre.

My husband and I have made a promise to each other that we will never dress alike and I will never make him carry my purse.

Compliment each other, yes, but not the same color, yikes. I've seen whole families do this on cruises with Hawaiian shirts, not for us at all.

I've also seen family reunion groups at Disneyland wearing the same t-shirt, usually tie-dyed, obviously at home. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a bunch of grownups in hot pink tie-dyed t-shirts. Please!! Be yourself!!

Kathy

Although I wouldn't do this, I do see the point of it, especially with small children involved. If everyone is dressed in the same color or eye-catching print, it is easier to keep track of everyone.

We would never wear matching clothes, although a few times we have looked at each other and realized we were inadvertently matching: ie khaki slacks, navy blue tops, etc. If we haven't left home yet, one of us will change.

I don't even care for young twins dressed in matching clothing.

Wow, this thread is 14 years old. Think about it, smart phones did not exist yet. :') On the other hand, it's nice to see the post from folks who don't post here anymore, haven't heard from Kathy (happyks) in years, hope she's ok, & also Jane.

My husband and I are retired and when we were going shopping together I would get dressed and the next thing I know my husband comes out of the closet in the same color shirt. Well this happened a few times and it was driving me crazy. I finally asked him what he was doing. He looked at me kind of funny and finally he said, when we get separated all he has to do is look at his shirt to know what color to look for! :o

• 2 weeks later...