Welcome Home/Back Bonus Question

janny444

Hi...can anyone please tell me if the Welcome Home/Back bonus in the form of extra OBC is applicable to every cruise that you return from...or is it dependant on which cruise you have returned from and maybe which cruise you are hoping to book. I am asking because we have just returned from the Azura and have a cruise in mind for next year and wondering if it is worth waiting to see if we"qualify" ?

Hi...no it is not new....it was mentioned on her some time ago and when we came off our last cruise ...September 2017....P&O sent the offer through the post to us....think it was for £50pp OBC extra and above what was offered if a cruise include OBC. I may be calling it the wrong name but I think it is called Welcome Back or Home bonus

Hi...no it is not new....it was mentioned on her some time ago and when we came off our last cruise ...September 2017....P&O sent the offer through the post to us....think it was for £50pp OBC extra and above what was offered if a cruise include OBC. I may be calling it the wrong name but I think it is called Welcome Back or Home bonus

I came back on Azura transatlantic I got letter but have ignored it as I won’t be sailing P&O again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We never received a letter but did receive £50pp OBC for a cruise booked in Sept 2016 after sailing on Britannia in August of that year.

I assume there is a time frame in which you have to book to qualify for the extra OBC.

Yes .... I think we had about 3 months to take advantage of the offer.... cruised last September....offer came through a couple of weeks after our return and was valid until the end of December 2017.

We did take advantage of the offer and booked a cruise with an additional 5% early booking discount plus the extra £ 100 OBC welcome back bonus.

I have the feeling that the ‘bonus’ is there, whether you receive a letter or not.

Why not give P&O a call to price up the cruise you fancy? Then you know and can make your decision based on facts

It's not always there it's very 'hit and miss'.

I have had issues in the past with this. We cruise every year with P & O and seem to get the 'thank you for cruising' additional onboard credit most years. Going back to last year we didn't receive this but my sister did (we usually go every year with them). I phoned P & O and they said the offer isn't on your account and there is nothing they can do about it. I complained and got nowhere.

Basically it is a marketing initiative and it goes on your account automatically but not every year (so I was told).

Ironically when we booked this year it wasn't on our account again but about 1 month later I got an offer in the post saying we really want you back onboard again and if we book before a certain date then we will receive the additional onboard credit offer. It was strange as we had already booked so I called P & O and they applied the additional credit without any problems.