the 2018 Summer Ferry Schedule is .....

SailBadtheSinner

Is anyone having an issue with that link?

No problems with the link other than the pdf file taking its time downloading.

I'm curious about the number of Blue Route runs that are marked as not allowing motorbikes. This was not the case in the past and I wonder if it means that they're planning to use older smaller ferries on those runs. Or it could mean they just don't want the slower embarkation/disembarkation process on those runs that goes along with allowing the motorbikes.

Edited by njhorseman

No problems with the link other than the pdf file taking its time downloading.

I'm curious about the number of Blue Route runs that are marked as not allowing motorbikes. This was not the case in the past and I wonder if it means that they're planning to use older smaller ferries on those runs. Or it could mean they just don't want to slow down the embarkation/disembarkation process on those runs that goes along with allowing the motorbikes.

I think it is so slow that it is timing out on the iPad. I can get it to open on my computer.

As for the Blue Route runs I have not read anything about the leased ferry returning this summer. Maybe I missed it. They may not be using the same ferries on all the routes as the past few seasons.

I'm curious about the number of Blue Route runs that are marked as not allowing motorbikes. This was not the case in the past and I wonder if it means that they're planning to use older smaller ferries on those runs. Or it could mean they just don't want the slower embarkation/disembarkation process on those runs that goes along with allowing the motorbikes.

I found this. Seems that they did not renew the Millenium ferry lease. That would cause a change of boats used on the routes. That might be why the Blue Route can not allow moterbikes on all runs.

https://www.gov.bm/articles/fleet-status-report-department-marine-ports-services

Thank you for the link. I've been waiting for the schedule to be released so I can arrange a massage in St. George's. Perhaps someone can help me out though? We will be arriving on the Celebrity Summit on 8/29, a Wednesday, at 8:30 am. Is it crazy of me to hope to be on the 9:30 ferry to St. George's? Considering we'd have to purchase the tickets/tokens/whatever at the visitor's center first? If we can't make it and we're off the boat by say 10, is it reasonable to get a taxi/car service to St. George's (not concerned about the price, more the time)?

Thank you for the link. I've been waiting for the schedule to be released so I can arrange a massage in St. George's. Perhaps someone can help me out though? We will be arriving on the Celebrity Summit on 8/29, a Wednesday, at 8:30 am. Is it crazy of me to hope to be on the 9:30 ferry to St. George's? Considering we'd have to purchase the tickets/tokens/whatever at the visitor's center first? If we can't make it and we're off the boat by say 10, is it reasonable to get a taxi/car service to St. George's (not concerned about the price, more the time)?

You can make the 9:30 ferry off of Summit. I have a couple of times and bought my tokens at the Visitor Information Center. But why not do it on Thursday? I switched to doing St. George’s on Thursday to avoid rushing off the arriving ship to catch the 9:30 ferry. Also wondering where you plan to get a massage in St. George's?

You can make the 9:30 ferry off of Summit. I have a couple of times and bought my tokens at the Visitor Information Center. But why not do it on Thursday? I switched to doing St. George’s on Thursday to avoid rushing off the arriving ship to catch the 9:30 ferry. Also wondering where you plan to get a massage in St. George's?

It's our 10-yr wedding anniversary that day and we wanted to get massages in the cave at Grotto Bay, check out the town, and try to hit up Tobacco Beach (no order set yet, and we know nothing's within walking distance). The massages are really the most important thing and I know it might sound silly, but I really want them on that day. I'll talk to my husband about it and I guess if he isn't set on that specific day, we can change it if need be.

Thank you for reassuring me that we will be able to make the ferry. At first when I was planning our stay I was like "Three days! We can do everything we want to do with time left over!" and now after more research I'm like "Only three days! How will we fit it all in?!" :')

• 2 weeks later...

Comparing this years schedule with last years there are a lot of changes. They have cut about a third of the Blue Route runs. I don’t think that is good. Also on Harbour Nights they cut the 9:30 and 10:00 runs. There is 9:00 and 10:30. That is also bad. There are also Orange Route changes but those are mostly time changes, not frequency. The new Orange times look better. But the Blue, the only good change is a 9:00 PM ferry on the non Harbour Nights weekdays.

Also on Harbour Nights they cut the 9:30 and 10:00 runs. There is 9:00 and 10:30. That is also bad.

Should I be concerned about not being able to get on the ferry back to Dockyards if I go over for Harbour Nights? I'll be travelling solo, so the fact there's only two ferries running is rather worrying.

This is the summer schedule, but I'll be in Bermuda on November 1 &2, which is winter hours. I already know that the orange line doesn't run to St. George during the winter so I want to know if anyone knows if the NCL ferries will still be running to St. George in the winter or will I have to take the ferry to Hamilton then take the bus rest of the way, and how long would that run take?

This is the summer schedule, but I'll be in Bermuda on November 1 &2, which is winter hours. I already know that the orange line doesn't run to St. George during the winter so I want to know if anyone knows if the NCL ferries will still be running to St. George in the winter or will I have to take the ferry to Hamilton then take the bus rest of the way, and how long would that run take?

You should ask NCL. Of course I know you can’t always get a straight answer from cruise lines but why would someone here know? Logically one would expect them to run it but again sometimes cruise lines don’t follow logic. I would guess they probably will run the NCL ferry those dates, they own the ferry but that is a guess.

A ferry to Hamilton from the Dockyard takes about 20 minutes and a bus takes and hour from Hamilton to St. George's. You have to walk to the bus terminal, about an 8 minute walk. Plus you may have to wait for a bus. So something over an hour and a half. As said in a couple of other very recent threads asking that same question, that would be an awful lot of traveling and the bus system has become unreliable.

Edited by Charles4515

I was surprised to see that there are so few Dockyard to Hamilton ferries in the morning. One at 7:30 and not another for hours. Am I reading the schedule correctly?

The next one is at 9:30. They are running less often. This years schedule cuts back the number of runs by about a third. I would guess as a result of not renewing the lease of the Millennium ferry. It will be interesting to hear as the cruise season progresses if there is any overcrowding as a result.

Should I be concerned about not being able to get on the ferry back to Dockyards if I go over for Harbour Nights? I'll be travelling solo, so the fact there's only two ferries running is rather worrying.

Yes! You absolutely need to be concerned!

We were left behind by the 9:00 ferry despite arriving at 8:30. Many people pushed ahead and when we got up there (not pushing or cutting the line) the ferry was full. There were about 15 of us stranded until the 10:30 arrived (the 9:00 left at 8:50).

We did not wait, we headed to the bus stop but it was lined up around the block and likely would’ve waited for 3 buses before we got on. We ended up taking a taxi for $46 plus tip!

Our taxi driver said he’d be very busy later because the 10:30 ferry would never hold all the people leaving Harbor Nights. He also said it happens every single time. There is no efficient plan to get people back to the Dockyard on Harbor Nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes! You absolutely need to be concerned!

We were left behind by the 9:00 ferry despite arriving at 8:30. Many people pushed ahead and when we got up there (not pushing or cutting the line) the ferry was full. There were about 15 of us stranded until the 10:30 arrived (the 9:00 left at 8:50).

We did not wait, we headed to the bus stop but it was lined up around the block and likely would’ve waited for 3 buses before we got on. We ended up taking a taxi for $46 plus tip!

Our taxi driver said he’d be very busy later because the 10:30 ferry would never hold all the people leaving Harbor Nights. He also said it happens every single time. There is no efficient plan to get people back to the Dockyard on Harbor Nights.

Might have to just fork out for the NCL excursion. I really wanted to spend more time there though. Thanks for letting me know about your experience.

Might have to just fork out for the NCL excursion. I really wanted to spend more time there though. Thanks for letting me know about your experience.

As we were standing on the dock I thought the same thing! We should’ve just booked the Celebrity excursion!

As we were standing on the dock I thought the same thing! We should’ve just booked the Celebrity excursion!

My advice would be with this new, reduced ferry schedule would be not to go. The last two times I went they had a ferries at 9:30, 10:00 and 10:30. Not only that they put on an extra ferry that left about 10:20. So no problems. I wouldn’t bother going to Harbour Nights with the changes. It is a nice street festival but it is not a must do.

I was dreading that reports like yours would be coming when I saw the 2018 ferry schedule.

The new reduced ferry schedule and the bus issues gives me second thoughts about booking future Bermuda cruises that dock at the Dockyard until the ferry and bus issues are fixed.

Edited by Charles4515

I would say if you’ve never been, you should go once. We were there when they kicked off the World Triathlon with Flora Duffy. The Gumbey Dancers are a nice cultural experience. It’s really a one and done experience in my opinion. We enjoyed it, but given the logistics of transportation, we wouldn’t go again.