First time Bermuda-Dining

sarlin

Hello,

First time cruisers to Bermuda-I would love to find a great place for lunch to sit outside and dine-al fresco- we will be on the NCL Escape Sept. 2018-Maybe a place the first day? We arer looking for a nice relaxing place with an awesome view-Harbor maybe?

We enjoy all kinds of dining-I would love fresh seafood-Hubby has a bad seafood allergy-

Thanks in advance for replies-

Toni

Hello,

First time cruisers to Bermuda-I would love to find a great place for lunch to sit outside and dine-al fresco- we will be on the NCL Escape Sept. 2018-Maybe a place the first day? We arer looking for a nice relaxing place with an awesome view-Harbor maybe?

We enjoy all kinds of dining-I would love fresh seafood-Hubby has a bad seafood allergy-

Toni

I would suggest Wahoos in St. George’s. Great place for lunch with outside waterfront seating. Good seafood but also non seafood. You can take the free NCL ferry to St. George’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we first cruised to Bermuda we visited the Reefs Resort on the south shore to meet friends. When we returned on a land vacation I made reservations at Coconuts which is a restaurant at the Reefs with indoor and al fresco dining. I made reservations a couple months ahead of our vacation to Bermuda to get a good table on the veranda and surprise my wife for our anniversary.

Great spot for a special sunset dinner or even a lunch with gorgeous views of the rocks and the water. And if you want to make it even more memorable ask for a table on the beach. But book ahead!

And if you are interested in a nice evening with music check to see if Randy Lambert is playing in the lounge that evening. Excellent musician, he was playing Thursday evenings when we stayed there.

A lunch or dinner option that is more fun is Henry VIII just down the road!

The bus system makes them both easy to enjoy...

Edited by blue_water
Typos

If you take the ferry into Hamilton. There are a couple of second floor restaurants that have balconies overlooking Hamilton Harbor - Pickled Onion and Flanagan’s. Next to Pickled Onion was a place called Red Steakhouse, but the owner has changed the format and the name to The Terrace on Front Street. The menu looks interesting for lunch, but we haven’t eaten there yet.

Another option would be Henry VIII on the South Rd in Southampton. They have an outside terrace overlooking the South Shore. Great view, great food. You can get there from Dockyard on the #7 bus or take a taxi. It’s about 15 minutes by taxi - a bit longer by bus.

I have a friend who loves Pompano Beach on the South Rd. It’s a hotel overlooking the South Shore, but again I haven’t eaten there myself.

Right at Dockyard is the Frog and Onion. They have outdoor seating, great food, locally brewed beer and ale, but not much of a view. The Bone Fish has a view of the ships, but we haven’t eaten there, so I can’t vouch for the food, but it’s always crowded, so it can’t be too bad. It’s not connected to the the US chain the Bonefish Grill.

Do be prepared for high prices unless you are from the NY metro area - we are used to high prices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One note to clarify my previous post, you are overlooking the beach and rocks when dining al fresco at Coconut's (unless you choose to dine below in the sand, of course!). We prefer Henry VIII for fun in the evenings because it's across the road from the beach and the views are not nearly as good as at Coconut's. We also didn't really care about Wahoo's in Georgetown but it's a matter of what you like too. We do enjoy pizza al fresco at the Pickled Onion in Hamilton but would;d not recommend that in this case...

Coconut's is worth looking at along with other beachside recommendations you get.

Enjoy your trip!

One note to clarify my previous post, you are overlooking the beach and rocks when dining al fresco at Coconut's (unless you choose to dine below in the sand, of course!). We prefer Henry VIII for fun in the evenings because it's across the road from the beach and the views are not nearly as good as at Coconut's. We also didn't really care about Wahoo's in Georgetown but it's a matter of what you like too. We do enjoy pizza al fresco at the Pickled Onion in Hamilton but would;d not recommend that in this case...

Coconut's is worth looking at along with other beachside recommendations you get.

Enjoy your trip!

The OP requested a place “for lunch to sit outside and dine-al fresco- we will be on the NCL Escape Sept. 2018-Maybe a place the first day? We arer looking for a nice relaxing place with an awesome view-Harbor maybe?”

I don’t know why you would insist that Coconuts is the only option and discourage them from looking at the other places.

We like the Pickled Onion and have eaten there many times. The food is good and it fits the OPs request for a nice relaxing place with a harbor view.

Likewise Henry VIII’s Terrace seating has an awesome view because it’s up high. The OP mentioned nothing about looking at the beach and rocks. The food there is good and it’s fairly close to Dockyard.

I’m sure you enjoy Coconuts but it’s hardly the only option that suits the OPs request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also didn't really care about Wahoo's in Georgetown but it's a matter of what you like too. We do enjoy pizza al fresco at the Pickled Onion in Hamilton but would;d not recommend that in this case...

Enjoy your trip!

Wahoos in St. George's. Since the OP asked about lunch I suggested Wahoos. I think Pickled Onion in Hamilton would also be a good choice in this case. Don't know why you say not. They are on their first cruise to Bermuda so having lunch in St. George's or Hamilton would easily be incorperated in seeing either place. And by Bermuda standards they are not the most expensive options for lunch. If they had asked about dinner I would have had other recommendations.

Wahoos in St. George's. Since the OP asked about lunch I suggested Wahoos. I think Pickled Onion in Hamilton would also be a good choice in this case. Don't know why you say not. They are on their first cruise to Bermuda so having lunch in St. George's or Hamilton would easily be incorperated in seeing either place. And by Bermuda standards they are not the

most expensive options for lunch. If they had asked about dinner I would have had other recommendations.

Yes I read your recommendation on Wahoo’s and that is fine, we just found Ciconut’s on the south shore beach to be a better choice for lunch with an awesome view but that is just our opinion of course! :) Also the OP is interested in something on their first day, and Coconut’s and Henry VIII are much closer to the OP’s port.

We agreed the PI is a great spot for lunch al fresco, but not an awesome view as requested (in our opinion). :)

Our evening ideas for dinner and entertainment were just experiences we share :)

Thanks!

Edited by blue_water

Hello,

Toni

:) http://www.bermuda.com/beach-house-at-blackbeards-hideout/ :D

I love the Beach House, too, but I can't find any information about when/if it's opening this year. They used to list it on the St George's Club website, but I don't see any mention of it now. Maybe I'm missing it though! Does anybody know anything about it for 2018?

Thanks

I love the Beach House, too, but I can't find any information about when/if it's opening this year. They used to list it on the St George's Club website, but I don't see any mention of it now. Maybe I'm missing it though! Does anybody know anything about it for 2018?

Thanks

Here's contact info:

Face book is not working, use phone.

SBtS

Thanks

From http://www.stgeorgesclub.bm/Page/TheClub :

The Beach House, with its quirky bar-on-the-beach has its grand opening for the season end of March, 2018