Need Help with Seattle Pier 91 Rental Car with Shuttle to Ship

LuvCruzn4Evr

We need a rental car company near Pier 91 in Seattle that will provide transportation to our cruise ship. We want to pick up the rental car at the airport 3 days prior to our cruise. We prefer not to have to return to the airport to transfer to the ship. Anyone done this recently?

There is no rental car agency near Pier 91 (near defined as a short walk) so you should probably just choose one in the city and plan on taking a cab/uber/lyft or check with the agency to see if they can drive you (doesn't Enterprise do this?).

There is no rental car agency near Pier 91 (near defined as a short walk) so you should probably just choose one in the city and plan on taking a cab/uber/lyft or check with the agency to see if they can drive you (doesn't Enterprise do this?).

Thanks so much for the info. I've been doing research all day...ugh! Enterprise and Alamo are the closest to the pier but I can't find any info on their website about a shuttle to the pier. I will call them and ask. It's a LOT less to pick up and drop off at their downtown location so considering this instead. The money saved will easily pay for a taxi from the airport to their office to pick up the car and a taxi from their office to the ship .

This was the Enterprise office we used...

1601 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101

We rented it on a Monday morning, so we could drive further out of Seattle, Snoqualmie Falls, etc... And then we returned it 24 hours later to the same office. When we rented we told them we'd need the shuttle to the Pier for the cruise. We dropped off the car and the shuttle was there like 10 minutes later. It was super easy!

Enterprise, National and Alamo (the same company, just different brands) have kiosks at both cruise terminals, and they will shuttle you to and from their downtown pick-up station (across the street from Macy's.) The other major rental car companies don't have shuttles, but a cab ride will be $10 - $20, so add that to the cost of the rental to see which is cheaper or easier for you.

If you're picking up at the airport and dropping downtown (whether it's Enterprise/National/Alamo or anybody else) watch out for VERY high one-way fees. It might even be cheaper to get a cab from the airport to a downtown rental location so you can return the vehicle where you got it. It's all in the numbers.

This was the Enterprise office we used...

1601 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101

We rented it on a Monday morning, so we could drive further out of Seattle, Snoqualmie Falls, etc... And then we returned it 24 hours later to the same office. When we rented we told them we'd need the shuttle to the Pier for the cruise. We dropped off the car and the shuttle was there like 10 minutes later. It was super easy!

Did you have to drop off your luggage at the cruise port first? I’ve used them upon disembarking, but not upon embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did this last Fall - rented from Hertz at the airport and dropped at Marriott Courtyard near the Space Needle. Taxi cost should not be very expensive as not far from pier 91.

We did this last Fall - rented from Hertz at the airport and dropped at Marriott Courtyard near the Space Needle. Taxi cost should not be very expensive as not far from pier 91.

Add - no drop charge from Hertz.

Did you have to drop off your luggage at the cruise port first? I’ve used them upon disembarking, but not upon embarkation.

No, we didn't. The shuttle picked us up in the parking garage for Enterprise after returning the car (which as someone else mentioned shares space with the other companies) and then dropped us off (with our luggage) at the front doors to the port terminal.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think this scenario would work? My husband and I arrive the day before our cruise in the morning and we take a cab to the downtown Enterprise and rent a car. Next day we pick up my in-laws from the airport in the rental car and return it to the downtown place and the 4 of us take the shuttle to the pier?

Do you think this scenario would work? My husband and I arrive the day before our cruise in the morning and we take a cab to the downtown Enterprise and rent a car. Next day we pick up my in-laws from the airport in the rental car and return it to the downtown place and the 4 of us take the shuttle to the pier?

Why not? Just check prices to see if picking the car up at the airport (saving the cab fare downtown) and dropping it downtown would end up being cheaper (all in) than your present plan. Cabs and towncars from the airport to the downtown area run between $40 and $50.

Yep! Don't see any reason why not. We rented ours on Monday morning (we spent the weekend in Seattle) and then dropped it off 24 hours later on Tuesday morning. The shuttle was there waiting when we dropped it off and took us right to the pier.

But like the other person said, I would see about renting it right from the airport with the drop off downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been researching this very thing for our August 2018 cruise. Need to rent a car for couple days to be picked up at SeaTac Airport, and return it to a Seattle location closer to Pier 91. Checked Avis, Alamo, Enterprise, National and Hertz, but with my AAA membership, Hertz is by far the cheapest (around 1/3 the cost of the other four) for pick up at the airport, with drop off in downtown Seattle, with no additional drop off fees. Doesn't look like they provide a shuttle to Pier 91 but shouldn't be very much to Uber there. Does this sound right, or am I missing something?

Just checked Hertz's website at Marriott; they're closed Saturdays and Sundays which won't work for us as our cruise departs on Sunday. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741However, the other downtown location I was looking at says on their website: "This is at the corner of 8th and Pike Streets, directly across the street from the Washington State Convention Center in the Hyatt Hotel. Approximately 1 mile from Pier 66, and 3 miles from Pier 91. Cab fare will be reimbursed up to $8.00 with receipt."

So long as we can return the car to this location, I think we are good to go!

I just used the National (/Enterprise/Alamo) service from Pier 91 this weekend ... easy as pie. They had a tent set up just outside the terminal, they checked off our reservation*, and after a brief wait for a shuttle, we were on our way downtown. The shuttles hold 7 comfortably, possibly more if you're willing to be cozy, but there's also luggage to take into account.

*I made my reservation for 9a, and lucked into an 8:35a disembarkation time (not using self-walkoff). I believe their IVR phone stated they run the shuttle outbound from the pier until 10a or 10:30a.

I am renting through National due to my company’s awesome corporate rate and I am also Exec Elite. I am picking up Seatac and dropping off downtown The downtown location rep and their automated message say they pickup people from the cruise ports b/w 7-10 am and drop off people at the ports b/w 10am-1pm