Explorations Cafe in Crows Nest coffee/tea menu & hours?

Does anyone have the hours & coffee/tea drinks menu on any ship for the mini version of the Explorations Cafe shoehorned into whatever bar area is leftover in the Crows Nest after the shore excursions move?

We're on Eurodam next month which I think got the changeover in the current wet dock but just came out of wet dock yesterday? Eurodam probably doesn't even have paying passengers onboard yet.

2018 - May 8th to 19th - Eurodam (B2B) Pacific Northwest (RT Seattle) & Alaska (RT Seattle)

I believe Crew News may have them at rogerjett photography. Sad to hear they've changed it to the new setup on Eurodam. "Shoe-horned" is right. I experienced the change on the Westerdam last week and it feels cramped on both sides of the bar. Very uninviting. :(

Eurodam just went through Dry Dock, not Wet Dock. And I agree with you about the conversion in the Crows Nest. It seems that HAL is not immune to the tampering that seems so rampant in so many American corporations; people make decisions regarding things they have not personally experienced. And they are usually ill-advised. Example: HAL's conversion of the Crow's Nest and the awful redesign of the first level of the Atrium. There is that old adage HAL should abide by: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Does anyone have the hours & coffee/tea drinks menu on any ship for the mini version of the Explorations Cafe shoehorned into whatever bar area is leftover in the Crows Nest after the shore excursions move?

We're on Eurodam next month which I think got the changeover in the current wet dock but just came out of wet dock yesterday? Eurodam probably doesn't even have paying passengers onboard yet.

2018 - May 8th to 19th - Eurodam (B2B) Pacific Northwest (RT Seattle) & Alaska (RT Seattle)

Menu as requested from 4/12/18 on the Westerdam (post drydock):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

You're a gem Crew News. Funny how I never noticed there was a specialty of the day. I wonder what those are? On second thought no; it's very understandable. I need my morning coffee to notice anything at all. :o

• 4 months later...

Is the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest (11th floor) of the Ms. Eurodam? Is the line long? Is there any other place to get a latte? What does 'dry dock' and 'wet dock' mean? Sorry, I'm a newbie, never been on a cruise, going to Alaska Sept. 22.

Love books and a coffee shop atmosphere, very sorry to hear that has been altered. Honestly, my biggest worry about cruising has been COFFEE. I love my morning coffee and very annoyed that a coffee maker isn't in all rooms. If it's safe for the suites, I'm not sure why it isn't safe for the rooms.

Anyway, delighted to get to go on a cruise, it's probably just nervousness about feeling I need to take everything with me that I need. I'm used to being able to swing by the Walmart if I forget something. :)

Is the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest (11th floor) of the Ms. Eurodam? Is the line long? Is there any other place to get a latte? What does 'dry dock' and 'wet dock' mean? Sorry, I'm a newbie, never been on a cruise, going to Alaska Sept. 22.

Love books and a coffee shop atmosphere, very sorry to hear that has been altered. Honestly, my biggest worry about cruising has been COFFEE. I love my morning coffee and very annoyed that a coffee maker isn't in all rooms. If it's safe for the suites, I'm not sure why it isn't safe for the rooms.

Anyway, delighted to get to go on a cruise, it's probably just nervousness about feeling I need to take everything with me that I need. I'm used to being able to swing by the Walmart if I forget something. :)

Dry Dock is when the ship is in a special dock where the water is drained so the crews can scrape/sand/refinish and/or paint the hull and any other items that need to be tended to such as work on the propellers. Wet dock is when the ship remains in the water and all work is done inside the vessel or on the decks. The wet dock work is also usually done when the ship is in Dry Dock as well. We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Eurodam and never encountered any lines in the Explorations Cafe, at least not when we were there. A word to the wise, cruisers will always encounter lines at some point during there cruise so you need to get over that little item. Coffee makers in certain cabin categories rather than others is not a matter of safety. It's a matter of the "perks" that certain cabin categories have over other categories. Yes, the Crows Nest has been altered but we did not find the change particularly bad, just different. Just a note about the time of your cruise...be prepared for the potential for a lot of rain. It's just the nature of Alaska in September. One word about packing: pack everything you want then put away half of it. Trust me, you'll be fine and glad you did.

Have a great cruise.

dmg1956

You can order any of the below from 7am.

Signature Coffees

• Flamed Spanish Coffee - Sambuca, Kahlua, Cointreau, cinnamon, nutmeg, whipped cream and a caramelized sugar rim
  • Almond Dream Coffee - Amarello Disaronno and Baileys Irish Cream
  • Canadian Coffee - Canadian Club Whisky
  • Explorer's Coffee - Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream
  • Italian Coffee - Sambuca
  • Jamaican Coffee - Meyers's Dark Rum and Tia Maria
  • Kiss of Fire - Tia Maria and Cointreau
  • Prince Charles Coffee - Drambuie
  • Irish Coffee - Jameson Irish whiskey
  • Captain's Coffee - Grand Marnier and Tia Maria
  • Bon Voyage Coffee - Cointreau and D.O.M Benedictine

Hot Chocolate Specialty Drinks

• Almond Chocolate - Amaretto Disaronno