On board music.

Russ B

G'day everyone.

I'm from New Zealand, and am on Celbrity Equinox in May.

My question is: Would it be acceptable to take my Ukulele with me and play on our balcony?

We are off to the southern Caribbean, and I've been practicing calypso songs, which I thought would be pretty appropriate.

I wouldn't want to annoy anyone though.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Russ B.

If you were next to me, I'd politely ask you to go inside.

Yes to this. The OP may be a perfectly capable ukulele player, but when I am in my stateroom or on my balcony, I want to hear the ocean, not someone else's idea of what music I will be hearing. My balcony is my refuge from the crowds and noise elsewhere on the ship. Peace and quiet is important.

OP, thank you for asking. I do appreciate that! (y)

G'day everyone.

I'm from New Zealand, and am on Celbrity Equinox in May.

My question is: Would it be acceptable to take my Ukulele with me and play on our balcony?

We are off to the southern Caribbean, and I've been practicing calypso songs, which I thought would be pretty appropriate.

I wouldn't want to annoy anyone though.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Russ B.

I personally would enjoy it

Agree re the playing on the balcony but you might be able to find a quiet spot somewhere.....

Take it anyway, I’ve just been on Sapphire Princess in the Far East and they were running a Ukelele band ( as well as a drumming workshop- both were awesome!) , someone like you would have been VERY welcome!

Agree re the playing on the balcony but you might be able to find a quiet spot somewhere.....

Take it anyway, I’ve just been on Sapphire Princess in the Far East and they were running a Ukelele band ( as well as a drumming workshop- both were awesome!) , someone like you would have been VERY welcome!

There have been numerous posts re guests playing a variety of musical instruments while on board. The responses have almost universally been "don't do it". My response is usually that if you can bring your ukulele, I can bring my french horn (a badly played french horn can be excruciating) or even worse my bagpipes - LOL!!!!

I can't see why it should be a problem if you play the instrument in your room as a ukulele has a very gentle sound.

BTW - I once went to a bagpipe concert in Edinburgh. I could only afford the cheap seats. To my surprise, they were in the front rows. I will add that I have been to several pipe and drums concerts and I enjoy them. Wish that I could play the pipes.

DON

BTW - I once went to a bagpipe concert in Edinburgh. I could only afford the cheap seats. To my surprise, they were in the front rows.

Hahaha, this made my day, Don. Thank you for the laugh.