CruiseNext??? Still don't get it

caddykid12

The certificate becomes the entire deposit for your next cruise, you don't have to come up with whatever the minimum is normally. You are also only paying HALF the face value of the certificate, so if it was $300 value, you are paying $150 (the other $150 is put back into your on board account) and you actually apply the entire $300 to the deposit covering your next cruise. But if you aren't sailing in 4 years it becomes a liability.

It’s simple it’s an onboard offer to buy a deposit for a future cruise was on the escape in March here is what I did

Bought 2 deposits worth $250 each good for like either 2 or 4 yrs and they gave me $250 onboard credit

So basically got $500 worth of future cruise credits for $250

The certificate becomes the entire deposit for your next cruise, you don't have to come up with whatever the minimum is normally. You are also only paying HALF the face value of the certificate, so if it was $300 value, you are paying $150 (the other $150 is put back into your on board account) and you actually apply the entire $300 to the deposit covering your next cruise. But if you aren't sailing in 4 years it becomes a liability.

How does it become a liability?

I just got off the Escape today and decided to buy two of the certificates. I had $125 OBC already so after they added in the additional $250 I wound up paying around $140 for $500 worth of deposits. Since I mainly cruise in a Studio or Inside cabin I can only use one certificate. Now if you do book a balcony they will let you use two of the certificates for a total of $500 deposit.

I just got off the Escape today and decided to buy two of the certificates. I had $125 OBC already so after they added in the additional $250 I wound up paying around $140 for $500 worth of deposits. Since I mainly cruise in a Studio or Inside cabin I can only use one certificate. Now if you do book a balcony they will let you use two of the certificates for a total of $500 deposit.

So is the OBC you get refundable ?

The $50.00 reduced deposit promotion seems almost ongoing. You have to wonder if Cruise Next sales are trending downward due to this ? Shoot I recently booked 3 cruises when the $1.00 deposit came out.

I don’t think the reduced deposit is the main reason people but the certificates. They buy them cause they save half price. For example I bought two certificates worth $500 but was only charged $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $50.00 reduced deposit promotion seems almost ongoing. You have to wonder if Cruise Next sales are trending downward due to this ? Shoot I recently booked 3 cruises when the $1.00 deposit came out.

Reduced deposits do not lower your out of pocket cost.....cruise next deposits do since unless you only buy one - you are buying one and getting one free (the OBC you get pays for one)...so $250 in free money. Plus if you book a balcony or higher six months in advance, you can use two Cruise Next Deposits on the same cabin.

U get OBC on the ship your buying them on or for the ship you use CRUISE NEXT ON?

my scenario. Going on escape yo Bermuda in june.

I want to buy some for my 14 day escape in January.

I but a 250$ certificate... and they apply 125$ obc to my June folio. Yet I can use the full 250$ towards my Jan balance??

What's the purpose of it

Can some one help me understand how it actually works and what I need to do if I were to get one?

It is pretty easy: you purchase one on board for $250.00. You are then given a $200 OBC. So your certificate actually costs $150.00 and it is worth $250.00 plus when you put your deposit on your next cruise, all you have to do is use the certificate instead of $500 deposit as usual.

I have a Cruise coming up in 22 days. I can purchase some then. I also have a cruise in 500+ days. So I went to the booking and wanted to see if I could still use the Cruise Next Certificate, and there was no option to add them to a cruise that is already started and you are paying on.

Is this correct? I tried to call them but they are closed on the weekends.

I have a Cruise coming up in 22 days. I can purchase some then. I also have a cruise in 500+ days. So I went to the booking and wanted to see if I could still use the Cruise Next Certificate, and there was no option to add them to a cruise that is already started and you are paying on.

Is this correct? I tried to call them but they are closed on the weekends.

They can only be used as a deposit, not to pay down your balance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can someone clarify this for me: when you purchase a voucher on your cruise directly from NCL, does the OBC automatically go onto your current cruise account? Or could you save it for the time you use the voucher?

Also, I see people selling their vouchers here or online, does that mean the OBC has already been used so you're just getting the value on the voucher itself?

One more question, it sounds like these vouchers can only be used for deposits on a future cruise. Right? I could've sworn that I read several people applying them to a remaining balance on already booked cruises that already had deposits but weren't paid off? Is that incorrect?

Thanks!

Can someone clarify this for me: when you purchase a voucher on your cruise directly from NCL, does the OBC automatically go onto your current cruise account? Or could you save it for the time you use the voucher?

Also, I see people selling their vouchers here or online, does that mean the OBC has already been used so you're just getting the value on the voucher itself?

One more question, it sounds like these vouchers can only be used for deposits on a future cruise. Right? I could've sworn that I read several people applying them to a remaining balance on already booked cruises that already had deposits but weren't paid off? Is that incorrect?

Thanks!

Yes, it goes into your account immediately. No, you cannot save it for another sailing.

When people sell their cruise voucher on eBay for , say, $212, you are getting the full value of the cruise voucher ($250) but nothing more.

Personally, I think of it as simply as a two-for-one deal: Buy two future cruise certificates and only pay for one. (that's the free $250, only paying for one)

Yes they are easy to use. We purchased 500 cruise next on the pride of America got 250 to use obc combined with the 300 obc we got with suite it paid for all our excursions and merchandise bought in gift shop. We have used the two 250 cruise next as downpayment on bliss for two balcony over Fourth of July 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I get on the ship i'm going to put 600.00 cash down on my OBA and plan on buying 2 cruise next certificates for 500.00 that would leave me 100.00 and then they will add 250.00 to my OBA wich would give me 350.00. Now what happens if I don't spend all the 350.00 by the end of the cruise do you loose it or what ?

With ours our final payment to ncl was 498 after the 300 onboard spent we got plus the 250 from cruise next . If you take a couple of excursions or spend as much as we did on merchandise it go away quickly and we didn’t spend any money on booze other than two mudslides my wife had . I remember the brochure talking about extra gift if you used cruise next and booked a cruise while on board but we didn’t do that and came home to research the bliss to Alaska first . I think it might have been extra onboard credit but not sure . If I find the brochure in the pile of stuff my wife came home with I will post it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums