Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day Excursion

CruiserTeri

I booked it yesterday so I guess I will see how I feel about it when I get there. At least I will get to see the ocean allot on the ship :). Mostly I needed to know if there was a way to get out of the sun or to come back earlier if I need to and that has been answered. Thanks everyone.

I booked the same excursion on the same cruise. Will be my first time too.

I am going on this same cruise and have booked the same excursion. Will be my first time there too. If I don't find shade, I won't be there long. Bought a waterproof case that hangs around the neck so I can get in the water without leaving things unattended. Solo.

You can find shade easily. Won't be an issue.

I am going on this same cruise and have booked the same excursion. Will be my first time there too. If I don't find shade, I won't be there long. Bought a waterproof case that hangs around the neck so I can get in the water without leaving things unattended. Solo.

You can rent umbrellas but not too sure how much. I also believe this area was adults only. It’s to the right as you get off the boat/tender.

5b3430823a03b20e60ae7d272887db60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a "vip" area to the right of the dock. It is 18+ only and includes chairs and umbrellas - lots of shade. I believe it was $30-40 a person. Includes drink, buffet lunch, and waiter service. You have to purchase in the gift shop at the end of the dock, NOT the shop next to it that has tubes and life jackets and stuff.

Anyways, just another option for you. Was worth it for my Mom as she has trouble walking and just wanted a shady place to relax. Blue Lagoon was great - very nice place, great beach.

By far the best way to "see" Blue Lagoon Island in advance of going there, is to watch the many good videos on Youtube. BTW this is advisable for any cruise excursion. Just about every one is on there, some good videos, some not so much. But better than reading about it is to see it.

This one is a good example of a fairly recent video from Blue Lagoon:

When I go in April 2018, I will make a new video and post it here on CC.

Happy travels.

Good advice. I'm going the week of April 7th so will be there for the 1st time, week before your trip. The water looks extremely shallow! I'm going to check out the beach areas and may pay the extra amount for the adults only section, based on crowding, depth, beach sand vs rock. Appreciate the video link.

My husband and I went to Blue Lagoon for the Sea Lion excursion. It was an amazing experience! Blue Lagoon is clean and the people working there are so helpful and knowledgeable. We didn't swim at the lagoon but there were people there that looked like they were having a blast! There are signs everywhere so you always know where you are going or how to get there. Like someone else said, there is a board near the dock telling you the times the boat will leave for your specific ship. We watched the dolphins and the sting rays while we were waiting for our boat. I would go there again in a heartbeat! Have fun!

Hooray! Sounds like it's a good excursion choice afterall! Way more positive reviews than negative. It's often the other way around. People sometimes tend to post only bad experiences. Not the positive. Thanks!

Good advice. I'm going the week of April 7th so will be there for the 1st time, week before your trip. The water looks extremely shallow! I'm going to check out the beach areas and may pay the extra amount for the adults only section, based on crowding, depth, beach sand vs rock. Appreciate the video link.

Been there a couple of times. Never seen a crowd at all. As for shallow water, the main part of the lagoon has areas deep enough that I could not stand and I'm over 6 feet tall. It's very cool in that respect. Soft white sand and the depths flow perfectly from shallow to a tad deep as you get further toward the rocks on the far side. Don't worry about depth at all, its deep in the lagoon as you swim further out.

They didn't have an adults area just 6 months ago. It sounds more like a scheme to extract money from people than a necessary space. I couldn't possibly see the point in it and believe me, I'm all for paying for stuff like that. The adults area in the videos appear to be in a less desirable spot to me as well.

See when you get there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hadn't planned on blue lagoon later this year but we may do it yet again. It's such an awesome place.

• 1 month later...

I did go last week but like the rest of Nassau they cheat you there too. I really do not care of Nassau at all, every time I have been there I or someone else I know gets cheated in some way. When we got there we rented 2 clam shells. They have a package that is $50 where you get a clam shell with 2 loungers and a beach chair, 2 yard drinks of your choice in souvenir cups with 2 free refills, and 2 beach towels. Seemed like a pretty good deal since we all wanted to buy at least one beach drink any way and they always cost allot at touristy places. When we went to get the drinks we were told we could only get Bahama Mamas or fruit punch (but we had told the person selling us the package, that sounds good we want pina coladas anyway and she never said we were limited) then we were given very small disposable cups and we said what about the yard cups and she said those were discontinued (although they were on display right behind her).

Besides that it was a beautiful place. The sand is very very deep and very soft so hard to walk in but get for building sand castles. The water is very shallow, only about knee deep for the most part. The inflatable area looks very big in pictures, the teenager we were with wasn't even interested because they were so small. We saw some little kids playing and having fun on them. I think this is a great place if you have small children or just want to lay out and soak up the sun. If you have teenagers or want to play in the surf it isn't going to satisfy you.